Nintendo DS Lite Prob

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Nintendo DS Lite Prob

My Nintendo DS Lite is screwed i think, the bottom screen keeps flickering with stuff from the top screen which makes it unplayable :( Not good at all! This happened to any of you guys and did you manage to fix it (or did you have to buy a new one?).

zsaberslash

ds prob

That's close to what I had...
My original DS's top screen started to only work in certain positions, and then eventually the top screen just died completely. So I had to get a new DS lite..
I still have my old DS lying about

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Call Nintendo. I've had graphic problems before with my first one and the problem of dead pixels. If you can't take it back to where you bought it and switch it out for a working one most of the time Nintendo will. They're surprisingly helpful with stuff like that.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Tcatomon;16352 said:
Call Nintendo. I've had graphic problems before with my first one and the problem of dead pixels. If you can't take it back to where you bought it and switch it out for a working one most of the time Nintendo will. They're surprisingly helpful with stuff like that.

really? my DS is on the frits aswell. I'll have to try.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
It's going back to the shop later today - if not i will get a new one (i NEED my DS Lite for my own sanity)

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Ya, there is a time period I forgot what it is, but if there is any problems with you DS they will take it and give you a refurbished one, with a 1 year warranty. There is a Nintendo building near my house. I have been there many times. It doesn't matter how small the problem is too, the first time I brought mine in was when the back hinge cracked (Typical for the new DS lite). They took it and gave me a refurbished, then I had to return that one because there is a part of a pixel that won't turn off it is always white, it took them like 10 mins to find it after I had to point it out (Oh and it only shows up on a black or very dark background). It was not a full pixel but you can still see it if your eyes are close to the screen. In the end they did see the one partial pixel and gave me another refurbished one and made me check it to see if it passes my visual inspection, and another 1 year warranty. Well lets just say I have gone though a few and still I find these white dots. My current DS has one in the bottom right of the top screen, Well enough about that, but ya you can ask or e-mail or phone, and they will most likely tell you if you qualify for the refurbished DS. Trust me it is had to spot this small white dot so don't think that it is a big problem.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
It's just out of warrenty by 1 freaking week ~_~ so i've just forked out for a new one (black this time) and i've purchased an extra year on the warrenty to be on the safe side. Though i may open up the other and try to fix it and then sell it if i fix it :D

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Do a quick trade in at a gamestore and don't tell them it's borked. lol. I did that with a bunch of old Sega games before Gamestop bought out Rhino XD;

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
will sell it on ebay - i'm sure there are some people who know what the hell they are doin for spare parts :d