Neglected Characters of Digimon series

Mitchfoxbane55

Jyou Kido & Kudamon fan
Neglected Characters of Digimon series

Whenever I watch the Digimon anime and read the mangas, I have a feeling that some of the characters are really neglected.

Take Miki and Megumi (also known as the Miniskirt Police) for example, those poor ladies are quite neglected and they have no background story (like for example how they got the Pawnchessmon). I don't see much personality on them except for having a crush on Tohma, detecting digimon signals and battle-wise, they only show up with a few scenes and I have a feeling that they are there for fanservice.

There are some more characters who has been neglected in the series such as Junpei, Tomoki and Izumi of Digimon Frontier. Whenever Takuya and Kouji evolve into Hyper Spirit forms, I always see them shafted aside during battles to stand around and act like cheerleaders.
If it's Digimon-wise, I think that would also be Neemon and Bokomon of Frontiers, whom I also call them useless characters for the roles.

Who do you think are the neglected characters besides the Miniskirt Police, Izumi, Tomoki, Junpei, Bokomon and Neemon of Frontier?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Yoshino is neglected, She has a deep character and storyline but hardly ever has the limelight, also I'd like to know how touma/tohma met Gaomon.

Elecmon

Jyou for one in adventure. Um...Miyako, and I can't think of any more, or at least not anymore that haven't been mentioned already.

Silver

There are some more characters who has been neglected in the series such as Junpei, Tomoki and Izumi of Digimon Frontier. Whenever Takuya and Kouji evolve into Hyper Spirit forms, I always see them shafted aside during battles to stand around and act like cheerleaders.

Personally, that annoyed me. It would be nice if the writers back then realized that it's not the worth thing in the world to concentrate on things other then the two main guys.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
A common problem in Digimon. Frontier was just the worst example.

Let´s see, besides Yoshino and Raramon( who get negelected in so mayn ways, I´m not even mentioning her, but for example them not even getting a freaking Character song. ), Miki and Megumi ( who seem to be some interesting Characters and their Digimon for sure are strong ), the Frontier Kids, well I would say that Mimi got neglected a lot in Adventure and Hikari in 02.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
I say Kouichi is neglected because he didnt even get to star in a movie! *angry*

Hmm...Kazu and Kenta were somewhat neglected..only really helped out once and the rest is for comedy relief...

I'll add more later when I think of more...but I know there are a few whom are neglected.

Magna

It would've been nice to see more Kudamon really. Maybe show a flashback of him and Satsuma meeting and how Kudamon left the Royal Knights or something.
I think we can find things on how every character got neglected in one way or another, if we get picky =/

_Z-mon_

Hmm.. I suppose the girls from Hypnos could be considered in the same vein as the "miniskirt police".
And in 02 you hardly see Mimi (sp?) at all.
They probably could have done a bit more with Lee's sister in Tammers as well.

Please forgive the dub names, I can barely remember them, let alone the japanese ones that I've hardly ever seen.

wolfiemon

Royal Knight glomper
ooook... Most of my favorite characters... :-p

Arukenimon and Mummymon... I dunno I just wanted something more about them. :-p

Dynasmon and RhodoKnightmon. Backstory please! Dx I wanted more about their friendship/relationship, whatever...

Izumi...

The Royal Knights in Savers, I wanted them to interact more! D= And I wanted more about their personalities.. And Duftmon? WTH!? Why'd they kill him in just one episode?! Dx He was a new Royal Knight, he should've done much more than just be a way for Rosemon and Ravemon to get to Burst mode. xP And he should've changed to Leopard mode! D=

Yoshino...

I wish the Bio Hybrids and Miki and Megumi were in it more...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ah, right the BioHybrids !

Irony is that we know most about Ivan for the BioHybrids, but least about Yoshino for the Main Savers..

Mitchfoxbane55

Jyou Kido & Kudamon fan
MugenSeiRyuu;1318 said:

Irony is that we know most about Ivan for the BioHybrids, but least about Yoshino for the Main Savers..

I have a feeling that since we saw the reason why Ivan joined the bio-hybrids in one episode, I think there should be some theories for Nanami and Kouki about why they joined Kurata.

In my theory, Kouki must have been a rival gangster with some pride and he had been angry when he had been defeated by the Great Masaru-sama in Masaru's street-fighting days before the whole Savers started.
As for Nanami in my theory, I guess she joined Kurata from her jealousy with Tohma when she had heard about the Austrian-Japanese genius and his fame whereas she got less attention from her schoolmates and people around her even though she is the smartest, most beautiful and the most hardworking girl.

Anyway, back to the topic, I also like to hear about how Suguru got his own unexplained godly powers that passed down to his son Masaru. He cannot be just a man who has few flashbacks with some plotholes which makes him a Gary-stu.

Satsuma and Kudamon also needs some backstory and more battles...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Eh, they joined Kurata even before they knew the DATS team, so I beg to differ.
But Nanami , being in many points a reference to good old Digimon Kaizer, might have a sad backstory.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Nanami just did it to pass the time, Touma found DATS in about 5 mins on the internet after they set up (said in ep 3 I think) and so Nanami probably found Kurata within 5 mins.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Johnzaloog;1348 said:
Nanami just did it to pass the time, Touma found DATS in about 5 mins on the internet after they set up (said in ep 3 I think) and so Nanami probably found Kurata within 5 mins.

Now all we need is Kouki's reason...wonder what past he has to just mercilessly want to kill living creatures and/or humans? O_O

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Johnzaloog;1348 said:
Nanami just did it to pass the time, .

She said that. But the Digimon Kaizer also considered everything a game, but in reality there was more behind that.

Johnzaloog;1348 said:
Touma found DATS in about 5 mins on the internet after they set up (said in ep 3 I think) and so Nanami probably found Kurata within 5 mins.

I think Touma needed five Minutes to understand the Digitlal Gate System.

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
MugenSeiRyuu;1318 said:

Would it be such a bad idea for them to release a character factsheet book or something.
I need more Nanami info, spammit.