Mystery Dungeon: Time/Darkness

Discussion in 'Pocket Monsters' started by GSR, Apr 23, 2008.

Share This Page

1. GSR

GSR That one guy

Mystery Dungeon: Time/Darkness

So yeah, now that this is out in the US, who else is playing it?

I skipped Dungeon Red/Blue, but I grabbed Time. Good fun. I'm a Totodile, evidently.
  2. StelarSX

StelarSX Jack In!

Is it any different from Red...? If it is, I may consider buying it...
  3. GSR

GSR That one guy

As far as I can tell it's mostly the same (like I said, I skipped over Red/Blue.)
  4. Dash

Dash I Ireland Staff Member Supreme Dictator

IT'S OUT?! I srsly need to get 'em.
  5. StelarSX

StelarSX Jack In!

I saw the ads...yeah it does pretty much the same, just with new Poke'Mon.
  6. Volt

Volt DC Comics Enthusiast Vengeance

I made a thread around Christmastime telling about the changes I noticed.
  7. GSR

GSR That one guy

Good lord I played this way too much over the weekend. I blame 5-hour car trips and long idle periods with no internet.

Beat the main story, working through the postgame. Level 40-something.

[Also I hate the ending for making me feel immature for liking it even though it's totally clichéd.]
  8. Yuri

Yuri YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL

(Got Time. Team PKFreeze.)
    Getting through Hidden Land.
    Just...gotta...beat...Sableyes and him.
    Have any tips for a Piplup and Torchic team?
    >_>
  9. GSR

GSR That one guy

Stun Seed the boss, take down the Sableyes, heal, then rush 'im. Worked for me.

Also, unrelated but funny: I was in one of the postgame dungeons when I got hit by a pretty strong enemy. I was low on healing stuff but I was almost done with the dungeon anyways, so I just went 'screw it' and used a Pure Seed to warp to the stairs.

Game: It's a monster house!
    Me: Motherfu-
    Game: Would you like to send out for a rescue?
  10. Emi-hime

Emi-hime <span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥

I love this game~ I beat it yesterday :3 And graduated from the guild. Mostly just working on finding new places and getting every pokemon as a member of my team now.

And I hate when that happens, GSR. Seriously, go to the stairs and it ends up being a monster house. Ugh. Thankfully, Pikachu's thunderbolt and discharge moves REALLY help out (Thunderbolt hits all Pokemon around the user. Discharge hits every single Pokemon as long as they're touching like a chain.)
  11. GSR

GSR That one guy

Actually, the storyline continues if you talk to the Mr. Mime in Treasure Town and then head out to Blizzard Island. A while after that mission you'll get another one via Corphish and Sunflora and I think it keeps up the story missions after that.

So you've still got plenty to do. :)
  12. Emi-hime

Yeah, I know :3 I just meant the main!SAVETHEFUTURE story line. XD But either way, I love this game and I'm having fun with it (Plus, the partner's house is a bazillion times nicer than the guild house).
  13. GSR

GSR That one guy

I managed to find the soundtrack to this, though it's unlabeled and some of the songs are split (though in good order - track 1 is the intro theme, etc. etc.) and if I ever get around I might label it properly.

I read ahead on some of the postgame missions (not the storyline, just the sort of dungeons) and all I can say is I am not looking forward to taking on the Regis' dungeon.

...But that's all after I finish this STUPID SEA MISSION. D:< I need to train up some grass or electric Pokes bad.
  14. Emi-hime

Awesome =D There's a lot of nice songs.

Ooo...I'll have to look some up when I get a chance.

*wishes ya luck* I'm horribly stubborn and way too prideful :-( I'll never switch out my team so I just train them so they'll knock out the pokemon before they can attack back >>
  15. GSR

GSR That one guy

Well, I do sort of the same thing. I faked my way through Hidden Land via linking three moves and spamming it. But then again you had to use your mains there, so... :p

I have a decent-level Manectric though, I figure I should train him up.
  16. Emi-hime

XD It was thanks to my link moves that I even beat Dialga, though, getting through the Hidden Land wasn't too bad....as long as I didn't hit Monster houses. Those sucked.
  17. Yuri

Yuri YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL

Petrify Orbs and Foe-Hold Orbs are win against them darn monster houses.
  18. Volt

Volt DC Comics Enthusiast Vengeance

For me, Discharge hits all Pokemon in the room.
  19. GSR

GSR That one guy

True. But I wish you could use them in bosses - the multi-boss battles are a pain without them.