My Neo-Team OU

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
My Neo-Team OU

OK, I realise that this is my third team that I posted but I was never truelly happy with the others, but I have a great feeling about this one.

Starter:
dpmfa121.png

Starmie (Super Star)
Nature Cure
Expert Belt
Timid (SPD+, ATK-)
EVs: 172HP, 120SATK, 216SPD
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

My main special sweeper. Counter star and one hell of a starter. Surf is for STAB, whilst Bolt-beam hits every pokémon in existance (-6, Magnemite's family, Chinchou's family and Shedinja) for atleast neutral damage. Recover for obvious reasons, expert belt over lefties for extra boost that lead.

dpmfa392.png

Infernape (Bob)
Blaze
Expert Belt
Hasty (SPD+, DEF-)
EVs: 252SPD, 128ATK, 128SATK
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Stone Edge

This thing quite literally rapes anything that comes near it. Flamethrower+Close combat are obvious. Grass Knot is to get rid of the likes of Milotic and Swapert, and is used over HP Ice because Starmie and Blissey already know Ice Beam. Stone Edge for getting rid of the birds that'd hurt him badly otherwise. He is my Mixed Sweeper.

dpmfa376.png

Metagross (Duracell)
Clear Body
Choice Band
Adamant (ATK+, SATK-)
EVs: 252HP, 236ATK, 12HP, 8DEF
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion
Pursuit

My main Physical Sweeper/Tank. Meteor Mash and Earthquake are obvious. Explosion and Choice band kill almost anything, very very little could ever survive it. Pursuit is to get rid of the azelfs, alakazams and gengars. Metagross does suffer from "4th move-slot syndrome", and it was between this, thunder punch and bullet punch. I don't have emerald so thunder punch isn't an option and I probably wouldn't use it anyway with enough bolt-beam in my team anyway, whilst bullet punch would only really be needed for Aerodactyl and Weaville which is kinda dying out, and it would probably survive an attack from it anyway (though it would have to be a revenge kill).

dpmfa205.png

Forretress (Kirby)
Sturdy
Leftovers
Impish (DEF+, SATK-)
EVs: 252HP, 252DEF, 252SDEF
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Explosion

He is my secondary physical wall/spiker/spinner/bomb. Very similar to my old one, but going for more support this time. Spikes and stealth rock to help long term, whilst rapid spin will help if the opponent were to use them. Explosion makes sure the opponent doesn't get rid of him without some major damage.

dpffa242.png

Blissey (Matron)
Nature Cure
Leftovers
Bold (DEF+, ATK-)
EVs: 148HP, 252DEF, 108SATK
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Aromatherapy

My special wall/Cleric. This is possibly unique, very few blisseys are like this. I wanted a special wall and a cleric and who else fits that bill. Bolt-beam for a little surprise on the opponent, whilst softboiled is compulsery. Though seismic toss is usually used by blissey, again I have no emerald so that's no option. I wanted a cleric so aromatherapy was an obvious choice.

dpffa110.png

Weezing (Monoxide)
Levitate
Black Sludge
Bold (DEF+, ATK-)
EVs: 252HP, 252DEF, 4SATK
Haze
Will-o-wisp
Flamethrower
Pain Split

My main physical wall/pHazer. Haze is obvious for a pHazer, whilst will-o-wisp will help protect against physical sweepers/tanks. Flamethrower is to be used against steel types and heracross (whom one should never use will-o-wisp on). Pain split is a fantastic recovery move and is very useful on a weezing.

I even made a new avatar for this team. What do you think?
johnzaloog2bn6.jpg

Well here's my team (and I really hope I'll stick with this one). Any suggestions or thoughts? or just good or bad?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well...

I think the only one I actually like out of the bunch combat wise is Metagross...
And since you're at it, I'll go too.

This is my actual team, not specially-made like yours though. I'm not all anal with my EVs. >_>

Empoleon.png

Name: Empoleon ()
Type:
water-1.png
steel-1.png

Nature: Mild
Met at: Lake Verity
Notes: My first pokemon. She never leaves my team, simply because I'm attached to those I put my blood, sweat, and tears (read: Time) into training.

Gallade.png

Name: Gallade ()
Type:
psychic-1.png
fighting-1.png

Nature: Docile
Met at: Route 204
Notes: My love for Ralts and Swords are both met with this Pokemon. Most awesome Pokemon species to exist in my opinion. Newest recruit to my team, as you must first beat the game to get them. Also the only boy on my team.

Garchomp.png

Name: Garchomp ()
Type:
dragon-1.png
ground-1.png

Nature: Brave
Met at: Wayward Cave
Note: Holds the honor of the first Dragon Pokemon I have deemed 'worthy to be on my team'. For me, back in the days of RGB, dragons used to be these great powerful things I wanted, until I found out the only move they have is that crappy Dragon Rage move. Later, they became great sources of XP via Ice Canon, but not things I'd want. Then I got Garchomp (then a Gabite) and thought it was cute. So I tried it out. Garchomp is the SOLE REASON I survived Cynthia... Cynthia since has earned my respect as the only champion who actually provided me a challenge.

Roserade.png

Name: Rose ()
Type:
grass-1.png
poison-1.png

Nature: Adamant
Met at: Route 204
Notes: Roselia redeemed itself by getting itself some evolutionary stages. I hate non-evolving Pokemon for some reason. Maybe because I enjoy watching them grow and evolve as I train them. Caught as a Budew, Rose is another that I put my Blood, Sweat, and Tears into training, and won't leave my team.

Staraptor.png

Name: Star ()
Type:
normal-1.png
flying-1.png

Nature: Hardy
Met at: Route 201
Notes: Star is the first non-shiny Pokemon that I have ever given a nickname to (under the pressure of my then-roommate). I later gave one to Rose, a Budew (now Roserade). Star is my un-official Ghost Buster. It is thanks to her that I caught Giratina (DP's version of Mewtwo) with a measly Poke Ball. Granted, I was TRYING to catch it in a Timer Ball, but it disgraced itself by allowing itself to be caught in a Poke Ball while I was training up the Timer Ball. Thus, Star is responsible for the possibility of capturing that insult of a Legendary, being immune to most of its attacks. Before, it was on my team for all the effort I put into raising it. Now it's on there for the honor of rubbing the name of a Legendary Pokemon into the mud. It is also to be noted that I refuse to use said Giratina, as I see it as a disgrace.

Vespiqueen.png

Name: Vespiquen ()
Type:
bug-1.png
flying-1.png

Nature: Timid
Met at: Route 205
Notes: Holds the honor of being the only Bug type to EVER last as long on my team as it has (since I caught it). I don't know why I like it so much... but I just do.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
No offense or anything, but EVs are extremely important in competetive play. Looking at your team tells me nothing. If you posted items and move-sets it would be better. Also, I can see you don't know much about natures, they affect your pokemon's growth greatly, your biggest problem at a glance is Roserade is adamant. That is a massive problem, it is the ATK+, SATK- nature and Roserade only really works specially. No offence meant but it looks like a n00b's team at the moment.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I understand that. And it is to be noted that I don't play competitively. I play to have fun. I'm the person who's goal it to 'catch them all' rather than to 'beat all opponents'. A collector, not a master.

All I did was post my team as is. Who knows? It may change.

Now, if I HAD a competitive team, it'd be WAY different. But I don't. Simple as that. Heck, by seeing my team you should have realized that it's not a competitive team! If anyones a newbie here, it ain't me. I can recognize the difference between a competitive team and a normal one.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Role;19798 said:
I understand that. And it is to be noted that I don't play competitively. I play to have fun. I'm the person who's goal it to 'catch them all' rather than to 'beat all opponents'. A collector, not a master.

Now, if I HAD a competitive team, it'd be WAY different. But I don't. Simple as that. Heck, by seeing my team you should have realized that it's not a competitive team! If anyones a newbie here, it ain't me. I can recognize the difference between a competitive team and a normal one.

Fair enough. Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Role;19798 said:

That's what I do too. I love just playing that way. Also, I have never done an online battle.

Also, once again, nice team Johnzaloog!