My DP team (to be)

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
My DP team (to be)

I'm gonna make my final team on my pearl game, but I don't know if the team I made is really any good. This will be a team for the Over-used format.

dpmfa448.png

Lucario
Steadfast
Modest (SATK+, ATK-)
Expert Belt
EVs: 4HP, 252SPD, 252SATK
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Calm Mind

My favourite monster and a special sweeper. Calm Mind is handy for beating the stronger opponents and the others are obvious. Dark Pulse was an issue but I decided that Dragon Pulse would be more useful in competetive play as there are many more dragons than psychics or ghosts (don't start on about Alakazams and Gengars)

dpffa242.png

Blissey
Nature Cure
Bold (DEF+, ATK-)
Leftovers
EVs: 252HP, 252DEF, 4SDEF
Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Thunder Wave/Sing

My special wall. A standard Blissey, with great staying power.

dpmfa373.png

Salamence
Intimidate
Modest (SATK+, ATK-)
Choice Specs
EVs: 4HP, 252SATK, 252SPD
Draco meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse

My Specs Salamence. Though many say not to use 2 attacking moves of the same type but Meteor and Pulse are one of the exceptions to the rule.

dpmfa376.png

Metagross
Clear Body
Adamant (ATK+, SATK-)
Leftovers
EVs: 140HP, 252ATK, 28DEF, 88SPD
Earthquake
Agility
Meteor Mash
Explosion

A standard Agil-gross. Though Zen Headbutt would have recieved STAB but Explosion comes in real handy and Earthquake has a much better type advantage.

dpmfa466.png

Electivire
Motor Boost
Adamant (ATK+, SATK-)
Expert Belt
EVs: 4HP, 252ATK, 252SPD
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Electivire has always amused me so I wanted to go for it (and out of all 493 pokémon, he's the only one I'm missing). This is a common set-up for electivire, but very effective, it gets super effective for 13 out of the 17 pokémon types.

dpmfa490.png

Manaphy
Hydration
Damp Rock
Bold (DEF+, ATK-)
EVs: 252HP, 108SATK, 148SDEF
Surf
Rain Dance
Rest
Grass Knot

Manaphy was the last pokémon I thought of adding to my list, but when I found out about Hydration, I decided he's for my team. Damp rock make Rain dance longer so the combo of rest-hydration is lots easier to do. Surf is obvious, Grass knot was a late entrance as I did not realise for a while that I had no grass attacks, and should I find myself against Swampert (or Quagsire or Gastrodon, though they're less likely) then I'd struggle.

Suggestions please, but be nice. I worked very hard on this team.

nahxela

Aromatherapy on Blissey, eh? That sounds nice for team healing, but I think I'd prefer stealth rock or toxic seeing as Blissey is a wall so you're going to be doing some stalling with it, so one of those moves would probably do better
Although I'm not aware of the status inflicting move rule, I think paralysis would be better over sleep because of accuracy, the sleep rule (no more than one/two pokemon can be asleep at a time), and the better effects of paralysis (50% chance of not attacking, speed is halved instead of no attacking except snore/sleep talk and the occasional chance of awakening)

As for Metagross, I have my doubts with explosion, but I suppose you could use it if it suits you best.

For Electivire, why not switch out thunderpunch for thunder and benefit from Manaphy's rain dance? It's Special Attack is decent and with Stab and a 120 (I think that's it) base attack and 100 accuracy in rain, it'd be really great.

A lot of this seems like what Serebii puts up ;)

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
nahxela;13821 said:
Aromatherapy on Blissey, eh? That sounds nice for team healing, but I think I'd prefer stealth rock or toxic seeing as Blissey is a wall so you're going to be doing some stalling with it, so one of those moves would probably do better
Although I'm not aware of the status inflicting move rule, I think paralysis would be better over sleep because of accuracy, the sleep rule (no more than one/two pokemon can be asleep at a time), and the better effects of paralysis (50% chance of not attacking, speed is halved instead of no attacking except snore/sleep talk and the occasional chance of awakening)

As for Metagross, I have my doubts with explosion, but I suppose you could use it if it suits you best.

For Electivire, why not switch out thunderpunch for thunder and benefit from Manaphy's rain dance? It's Special Attack is decent and with Stab and a 120 (I think that's it) base attack and 100 accuracy in rain, it'd be really great.

A lot of this seems like what Serebii puts up ;)

I actually didn't know about the whole Stealth Rock/Blissey thing until after I did this list and I am considering it, but I think I'll keep it the same for now.

Explosion was for the last move, when he would faint after that move. It is a physical attack, Metagross has high atk, 250 power. That'll kill anything that doesn't resist it.

Electivire with thunder is understandable, but the adamant nature lowers the special attack and it was kinda low to begin with rather than a physical stat. Now that you point it out now point it out though, Manaphy and Electivire would be a good combo, if it were a different electric type I would definetly change, but electivire is too physical.

Yeah, I got a lot of ideas from there ;).

nahxela

I do realize that explosion would have a huge amount of attack power, but I just think that focusing on sweeping fast and hard would be better.
Since Metagross has nice defenses and being a steel type sure helps with resisting certain types of attacks, I think that there would be enough time to set up an agility/swords dance combo to demolish the other side with :D

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Now this is just my opinion and I really do like your team, but I think Metagross could use some help. My thoughts are that you switch out Explosion for Magnet Rise. Because Metagross is a Steel/Psychic type, he only has 2 weaknesses: Ground and Fire. With Magnet Rise, It eliminates the Ground weakness. Also, my thoughts are that Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt be in place of Agility. Bullet Punch recieves STAB for being a Steel type attack and with it, you will attack first. Zen Headbutt is a solid attack with a 20% chance of causing the opponent to flinch. Metagross may be slow, but Zen Headbutt can be put to use against the ever common Heracross.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/376.shtml

This is where I got the info from, and no offence but they said Zen Headbutt doesn't agree with Metagross, Bullet Punch is also an option, but meteor mash seems to be the better option still, and Magnet Rise I have seen in action, and I have always wondered if it was really that good.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Johnzaloog;15233 said:
http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/376.shtml

This is where I got the info from, and no offence but they said Zen Headbutt doesn't agree with Metagross, Bullet Punch is also an option, but meteor mash seems to be the better option still, and Magnet Rise I have seen in action, and I have always wondered if it was really that good.

My friend and I use Meta constantly. Earthquake is extremely common as you know and Magnet Rise negates it.

"Magnet Rise: Ability changes to Levitate for 5 turns"

This is what the game said. We did a test run with it and it instead did this:

"Magnet Rise: Pokemon gains Levitate in addition to its current ability for 5 turns."

I know Serebii doesn't recommend it, but I personally love ZH. Heracross are deadly. This takes them out along with Machamp. Personally, I love STAB. I get as many agreeable moves as I can and ZH agrees with Meta.