Mother 3 (Of the NA "Earthbound" franchise)

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Mother 3 (Of the NA "Earthbound" franchise)

Please, please, please, all of those Earthbound/Mother fans... please say that some of you are so?

@_@ I found the news that the two separate translation teams for the project of bringing Mother 3 to us fans (as it was only released in Japan) has joined together to make a brand new unified team.

<3

Not yet confirmed SPOILERS
It has major death and depression with in the first hour. It has cross dressing, stubbly men living in a sea shell blowing kisses at you. It has a main character who is implied to be a lesbian. It has a Mermaid man kissing a 10-12 year old boy under water.

Plus, it has low fi graphics and no monster collecting. And a 15 foot tall man ringing a bell, with no explination why.

With that, Nintendo.. you have GOT to localize this! We've been asking for another game for 12 years and the last I dunno year or so for MOTHER 3!

Anyone else into Earthbound? It has Ness~ He's in Super Smash Br. for those who don't know that...

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Me neither. I haven't seen Mother 1 translated but Starment.net and some of mother3.org's people joined together to give us a fan translated Mother 3. Hopefully it'll come out soon.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
there is a translation patch out there if i find it or a translated rom ill send it to you through PM.

GSR

That one guy
I'm afraid there's not really any translation patch yet, the mother3.org and Starmen.net patches are still in development (albeit as one patch now.)

I'm definitely looking forward to this.

GSR

That one guy
Oh, Mother 1? Silly me. Yeah, there's a patch out there somewhere (I know because I downloaded it once) so I'll send it to you guys if I can find it again.

EDIT: Well, I'm having trouble with the patch, but I've found roms of the fully English prototype. Do you guys want it?

(Also, is this against the forum rules, talking about a rom that's in English but was never released?)

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Mother 1+2 would be interesting. All in on bundle..

I just read about Mother 3. Pokey was like missing at the end of Earthbound/Mother 2. @_@ Guess who's back? Heh I didn't think Mother 2 and Mother 3 was so intwined.

I thought it was like Mother 1 and Mother 2 where the big connection was Gygis

Kantaro

Earthbound was one of my favorite RPG style games from that era. I love a game that has the courage to be completely off-the-wall, without any attempt to start assigining realism to the madness. Three sounds GREAT.

I swear, when I got attacked by that first fire hydrant I went "Cool. Hydrant shouldn't be able to do that much damage. Beisdes, I-- OH GOD WHY WOULD IT DO THAT GET IT OFF FIREBALL OH GOD I'M DYING..." :D

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
The wonderful music...

I haven't gotten far into Mother 1 yet since I haven't had time what with the release of ZT08 and DQ05 and others.

But it's good. But kinda slow @_@; I wish i had my SNES emu speed button. XD

I miss the odometer thing XD

Silasmon X;4782 said:
Earthbound was one of my favorite RPG style games from that era. I love a game that has the courage to be completely off-the-wall, without any attempt to start assigining realism to the madness. Three sounds GREAT.

I swear, when I got attacked by that first fire hydrant I went "Cool. Hydrant shouldn't be able to do that much damage. Beisdes, I-- OH GOD WHY WOULD IT DO THAT GET IT OFF FIREBALL OH GOD I'M DYING..." :D

Mother 1, I just found it funny i got attacked by my OWN LAMP. MY LAMP. :confused:

The Hippies are funny. Also, I LOVE the way you defeat the bosses. Fun~

GSR

That one guy
Oh, the fire hydrant. Those things were LETHAL.

Heheh, remember the Big Bottle Rocket? That thing did, at the risk of me being burned at the stake for a horrible pun, MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Sad to say that I enjoy Mother 2/Earthbound over Mother 1. @_@; I'd probably say that I may like it over Mother 3, though I still, still want to play Mother 3 when the translation comes out.

Anyone here actually get the Gutsy bat from the Bionic Kraken? Or even ENCOUNTER the Bionic Kraken on the first run through?

GSR

That one guy
Kage;5038 said:
Anyone here actually get the Gutsy bat from the Bionic Kraken? Or even ENCOUNTER the Bionic Kraken on the first run through?

I encountered it but never got the bat. I got the Sword of Kings for Poo, though. Friggin' Starmen, I must've killed like a million of them.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
never got to far in 2 but right now im getiing somewhere is 1.

i want to beat 1 before 2 then 3 once some one translates it.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
GSR;5045 said:
I encountered it but never got the bat. I got the Sword of Kings for Poo, though. Friggin' Starmen, I must've killed like a million of them.

Poo for some odd reason I can get his stuffs. And Paula's... and Jeff's...

But NO~ No Gutsy Bat for me.