Monster Rancher in Japanese... on DVD?! (CDJapan...)

hikaarii

Monster Rancher in Japanese... on DVD?! (CDJapan...)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVDB-188
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVDB-189

They are SUPER expensive though, but they are in Japanese!
It appears they were released this year too (2008)!
I randomly found them while browsing around CDJapan today ^^; lol...

Did anyone else even know about these? I had no idea it was released on DVD so I was really surprised to find it :-O It's an old series and the raws are pretty much non-existant too (lol) but I remember I used to watch it when Digimon used to be on XD;

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Wow, really? I've always wanted to see a sub version of this show, so I could compare it to the dub version which I saw as a kid...

Now we may have a slight chance it'll get fansubbed. I never did get to see the ending, though. Was the show canceled or something?

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
There have been raws for awhile. Don't remember when these appeared but I think I saw them before. I know there was some interest in subbing Monster Farm but it never really got started. And a lot of the encodes of Monster Rancher were... >_>

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Late to the topic, but I'm tempted to buy those. I'd love to watch original Monster Rancher. Just wish it was subbed. I wouldn't even mind this series dubbed on DVD, since I did like it. Nothing about it annoyed me.

Maybe DATs can sub it if someone manages to get decent raws of it to encode. Then again, the team is a bit busy with other projects as it is.

Role;82631 said:
Wow, really? I've always wanted to see a sub version of this show, so I could compare it to the dub version which I saw as a kid...

Now we may have a slight chance it'll get fansubbed. I never did get to see the ending, though. Was the show canceled or something?
It wasn't canceled.

There was a bit battle at the end and everyone Genki encountered on his journey returned for the battle to fight against Muu (whatever his name was). Genki and his friends did manage to unlock the Phoenix, but I won't say what the sacrifice was for them to do so, unless you really want to know.

At the end, though, Genki ends up being forced back to his world.