Mixy is dead. ;_;

Joey

♥ Webcomic Fiend ♥
Mixy is dead. ;_;

My laptop, that I just got from Nezzie a bit ago, bit the dust this morning at 5:15. It fell off of my nightstand and woke me up (I had just gone to sleep a bit ago, so I wasn't all the way unconscious) and will not boot. :-(

HDD makes weird clicking noises, bad smell emanates. No hope is found in these parts. *Emo*

Magna

D=
/me pats Joey
/me would send Joey her old laptop if it still worked
How did it fall off your nightstand?
/me hopes you can get a new one soon.
I've probably dropped all of my electronics including laptops once or twice, only a few were damaged, but then most of the damaged got repaired
;________________________________________________;

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
hackerTamer;6736 said:
Are you able to recover the hard drive?

I doubt it if clicking noises are heard coming from the hard drive, that means that the hard drive head is trying to read the data on the plater but can't.

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
Well Mixy was on the fritz
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins
quits
joins

Every 10 min or so @_@

TuxRug

Retired
I've heard of some people who got bad hard drives to run long enough to retrieve some data off of them by sticking them in the freezer overnight. I really doubt that works after a fall though. Read head probably got clobbered. :( I hate seeing computers in pain.

Joey

&hearts; Webcomic Fiend &hearts;
I think I flipped over in bed which caused it to teeter off of the edge of existance.

I'm lucky in that I was trying to free up space on it earlier yesterday and had transferred everything important off of it. :(

Tetron, that was DD (My desktop) that was having quit/join issues. :(

Edit: GOOD NEWS! Maybe.

My uncle might be able to send replacement money for another laptop! =O

Edit 2: *money for a replacement laptop!