Megaman V... and RnR?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Megaman V... and RnR?

Was browsing megaman wiki and found this:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_V

Check it and the robot masters out, and try to say that they wouldn't fit in a RnR Game. I DARE you. You can't, because... well...

I dunno, after checking them out, I might wanna try fighting them in an RnR game. I mean, come on, Capcom! You already MADE these guys! It's a chance for you to re-use previous bosses again, only this time, it's almost as if they were made with RnR's setting in mind!

Anywho, now for something to discuss...

Are there any past Megaman bosses that you think would fit in RnR, or that you'd like to take on? It can be from any of the 4 Robotics Timeline series! EXE proved that they don't care much for continuity with Colonel, Iris, Zero, etc, so as far as bosses go, anything goes!

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
...but, named after the other eight planets, it's not really attractive...

And anyway, I'd like to see a few more named after constellations.

auroraxaimei02

auroraxaimei02
I think that would be a cool idea! I mean, I think Role is right. It would be remaking a few characters who actually would fit in very nicely in the RnR series.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Trick, it's not just those. I mean, there's many bosses that were unused, and, let's face it, Gemini Spark is Gemini Man. So then, we could assume that others would show up, too, only would have edited names.

This thread is more like what you'd like to see in RnR from unused bosses, and what you think they'd be called.

Of course, they're not gonna be called just Saturn or Uranus or whatever. Like... Saturn Ring, or Uranus Bull. Heck, Uranus and Gonta could even have some kind of rivalry, both being similar in the way they're designed.

Dengar

Gemini Spark isn't Gemini man. >_>

And RnR makes no references to Classic Megaman.

And Colonel and Iris were in fact accurate references.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Dengar, if Gemini Spark isn't a GeminiMan clone, you're freaking blind.

And yes, Colonel and Iris were references... from the X SERIES! Which means that no series is escapable from your boss matching!

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Are the Sisters Pleiades bosses in the RnR games? That's a good 7 or 8 bosses right there.

However, RnR is pretty lame, so I hope it dies fairly soon. >:O

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
No. 44 said:
Are the Sisters Pleiades bosses in the RnR games? That's a good 7 or 8 bosses right there.

Subaru = The Pleiades. The name's already taken.

Pluvius

Tcatomon;60658 said:
In my day Pluto was a planet .. AND WE LIKED IT!

:lol:
How offensive was the quiz at the end of Star Force one, where it asked the number of planets, & the "correct" answer was 8? That pissed me off.

No. 44 said:
Aww, come on, it has its ups & its downs. Terrible battle system, yea. Blegh storyline, yea. Great Rockman design, though. Also, the wave world concept has a lot of potential.

Dengar

Role;60650 said:
Dengar, if Gemini Spark isn't a GeminiMan clone, you're freaking blind.

And yes, Colonel and Iris were references... from the X SERIES! Which means that no series is escapable from your boss matching!

My boss matching? I don't really see your point.

EXE had classic universe references, RnR does not. How more simple can you get?

And how, HOW is Gemini Spark a Geminiman clone? Just because they have Gemini in their name?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
EXE didn't limit itself to classical references, either. Point in case: Zero, Colonel, and Iris. Why should RnR?

Just look at him, 'k? In the original, when you fought Geminiman, you fought a clone at the same time, ne? Don't belive me?

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Gemini_Man

They took advantage of Gemini Man's name and the Constellation theme of RnR1 to stick him in there under a more X-like naming. They also did what they did with ALL the other Navis: They redesigned him. And voila. We have Gemini Spark, the Network Timeline version of Gemini Man.

Dengar

Role;61054 said:
EXE didn't limit itself to classical references, either. Point in case: Zero, Colonel, and Iris. Why should RnR?

Just look at him, 'k? In the original, when you fought Geminiman, you fought a clone at the same time, ne? Don't belive me?

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Gemini_Man

They took advantage of Gemini Man's name and the Constellation theme of RnR1 to stick him in there under a more X-like naming. They also did what they did with ALL the other Navis: They redesigned him. And voila. We have Gemini Spark, the Network Timeline version of Gemini Man.

You fail to mention any actual -similarities- between Gemini Spark and Gemini Man.

X still falls into classic universe. I see no problem there.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
/me facepalms.

No, you're confusing classic with Robotics Timeline. You need to be slapped for that.

Just because you're too closed minded to see this, doesn't mean that it's not there.

Look at Protoman vs Protoman.EXE.

Tell me. WHEN in the robotics timeline did Protoman EVER have a sword? Answer? He didn't. Heck, Zero only got is sword installed in X2, which was first usable in X3! How many similarities does Protoman have to his Navi?

Two. Name and color scheme. That's IT.

As for Gemini Man and Gemini Spark, there's the Name Update, and the similarites apparent when you fight them. Gemini Man creates a clone that cannot be harmed. You can only harm one of the Gemini Spark guys. He may not be litterally called Gemini Man, but there is an OBVIOUS slew of references to Gemini Man. You've gotta be freaking BLIND to not see this.

Now then, stop confusing Classic with Robotics. Classic refers to Classic Megaman, as is the FIRST series of the Robotics Timeline. Then you get X, then Zero, then ZX.

This is the Network Timeline's version of X. It is free to take ideas and enemies from Classic, X, Zero, or ZX as far as I can see, and implement its own version. Gemini Spark seems to be an obvious reference to Gemini Man

Oh, but maybe you're saying 'they look too different to be the same!' Just look at the navis! Most of them hardly resymboled their Robotics Counterparts! Snake Man, Whor--I mean Roll, Duo, Iris, ElecMan, MagicMan, PharaohMan, SkullMan, StoneMan, FreezeMan, MagnetMan, DarkMan, FlameMan, PlantMan, AquaMan (aka SpoutMan), SearchMan, SlashMan, StarMan, and SwordMan, among others, share little to no resymbolance of their Robtics Timeline counterparts. As far as looks are concerned, Capcom is free to recycle ideas and robot masters as they see fit.

The general basis behind Gemini Man and Gemini Spark is the same, you've got to fight two, but can only hurt one.

I cannot possibly see how you can possibly not tell that Gemini Spark and Gemini Man are more or less the same.

Tell me. Provide me good, hard evidence as to why they're not the same. If you just continue to disagree and not try to show evidence behind your claim that they're not the same, then your argument falls short.

Dengar

-It's still the same universe.

-RnR takes a completely different direction (not to mention this is 220X, not 210X), so this is not X series.

-All you've been saying is that they've been split into two. If that's the only similarity, it doesn't work. Especially given how the twin thing was probably inspired by the name they thought up first, rather than the other way around. Not to mention, Gemini Man used a laser, whereas these guys use lightning. Another thing, the "Gemini" part is the added part. The base part of their name is "Spark". So if they would be influenced by anything, it would've been Spark Mandrill, which doesn't make sense.

Having a double does not a Gemini Man make. Not to mention Gemini Man is a holographic double whereas Gemini Spark is two actual people. All the Navis have had some of their features intact. Plant Man had a flower for a head, and vines for arms, Colonel looks very similar, and Iris and Colonel are two halves of the same project, don't get me started on Zero.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I never said it WAS the X series. I just said it's the Network timeline's answer to X. Basically, the second series in the timeline. It's not called Ryuusei no Rockman X, after all.

Okay, we'll use you're logic, this time, on Protoman. Just having the same color scheme and name doesn't make him Protoman. He doesn't have the same origins (make by some other guy, not the Hikari family), he doesn't use a buster as his main weapon, but instead uses a sword. Protoman has more in common with ZERO than he does with the original! Therefore Protoman.EXE is not the same as Protoman, because he's not EXACTLY the same...

That didn't make any sense, did it?

Oh, wait, did you just say that Searchman and Aquaman aren't part of the classic universe?

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Searchman
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Aquaman

Congradulations, you're an idiot.

I've also said that Colonel and Iris were references to X. Heck, Glyde was from Rockman Dash! Many of these navis don't have much in comparison to their originals. Also, did you notice how many of their powers aren't the same?

I'll go ahead and mention Protoman again, but I'm not stoping there. Bass, Treble/Gospel, quite a few of the old robot masters... Heck, even Roll. She's not just some housemaid anymore.

Also, I specifically said BASIS. Basis =/= identical.

Look, what I'm saying is that, just like how in EXE we had Navis that had their basis come from X, Zero, and Dash, as well as the occasional original poping up, the new games aren't limited to originals only, and infact, can get a lot of basis from the Robotics timeline games. NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE BRAND NEW.

Now then, okay, we each have our opinion.

I say that Gemini Spark is based off of Gemini Man.
You say that they're not the same. Although I agree, they aren't the same, it's just that one has a lot of influence from another, you refuse to read my posts correctly, and keep this going when it doesn't need to.

Not only this, you cannot prove that he's not Gemini Man, just as I cannot prove that he is. Neither of us work for Capcom.

Now then, can we PLEASE get back on topic?

Dengar

I would appreciate it if you didn't call people idiots just for making a wrong assumption. Geez. >_>