Megaman fangame

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Well, one day I was was playing a megaman game and he was getting bored as the core never changes (well, Legends did kinda change that, but I never played it). Rather than complain, I decide to make my own. I'm making this thread to record my progress and ideas.

Megaman Renewal (working title)​

Setting:
Post-post-apocalyptic.

Time period:
After ZX. This assumes the Legends series never actually will happen (I don't have anything against it, just my idea won't work with it).

Back-story:
The above apocalypse was caused by a entity that decided that to end all wars by simply removing all catalysts. The entity used force to drive all humans out of the cities and then destroyed the cities. It then unleashed two viruses, one that puts all reploids and humans into a coma and erases their memories and one that turns all mechanical beings into synthetic beings of flesh. Reploids now no longer are any different than humans, and since there is no memories of anything prior to them waking up, they restart civilization.

Fast-foward about a hundred years, humans (remember, reploids are humans now too) have rebuilt civilization to a point where they have cities (the entity left them information to speed their recovery, though nothing they could exploit for war). Humans have focused on archealogy in an attempt to figure out what happened. They don't have much luck as mechaniloids were subject to the same virus as the reploids and they were still around. As mechaniloids were more machine like than reploids they had issues when they got infected with the virus, the lucky ones became biomechanical, the unlucky ones became tortured monsters driven insane by their affliction that attack all that come near them.

At around this point a medical facility is found, due to backup generators and decontamination chambers, so the virus never touched the components there. A doctor is sent for and he starts researching there. He gains an understanding of the methods and starts using it to help people recover from injuries that normally would leave them crippled.

Start:
At the start of the story the main character (who shall now be refered to as MC) is brought into the facility critically wounded (the same incident that injures this person orphans them too). Due to the severity and location of the wound the doctor is forced to replace MC's organs and limbs, something he had never done before except in theory. During rehab the doctor grows attached to MC, and decides to adopt the character. This works well until the doctor gets called to a dig to identify some parts and decides to let MC go with him.

During the visit to the dig, the get attacked by Artifact hunters, who steal artifacts and either use them themselves or sell them. MC defends the doctor and discovers that the parts that the parts are military grade and quite powerful. MC picks up a sword, and sets out to drive away the bandits.

End:
For me to know, and you to not know.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
I will probably update this when I am in enough of a motivated mood to scan all my concept art.