Looking for new scan editors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Looking for new scan editors!

We're picking up a few new projects in the scanlating department, and so we're in need of some new editors!

If you're interested, try to edit this page as a test. ^^
Translation said:
Taichi: I'm Taichi! Nice to meet you.
Zero: ...Hmm, so you're "Taichi"...
Teacher: Hey, not during class!
Taichi: Sorry, but it's time to feed him!
Taichi: Are you sick, too?
Taichi: Let's keep warm and just sleep today.
Zero: Taichi...
Man: Your Monster's not official; it must be a bug, don't you think?
Taichi: What?
Taichi: Don't make fun of Zero!
Zero: Taichi...you're a good guy...

For fonts, use these:
Taichi & Zero = SF Toontime
Man & Teacher = Manga Temple
Download

Please remember to level your pages correctly (whites are white and blacks are black)

Spacing is important when placing the text.

Please, please, please, spend the time to make your page look great! The object of our scanlating team is to have AMAZING releases, and we work to get rid of ever little tiny defect in our scans. The more effort you put into it, the more it will show, and the more likely you'll find yourself hired as a DATS Scanlator. :)

Reply here with your submission as an attachment, and we'll see about getting you on the team!

TuxRug

Retired
This was tricky because of the way GIMP wanted to do line spacing.
I reconstructed Taichi's hair where the original text covered it.
Here we are!

Sorry about the imageshack thumbnail thingie. I couldn't get the forums to accept my upload.

Magna

Just change the levels of the image(dunno what that is in GIMP) to make the balcks and whites pure. If you don't know what that is(or where the leveling button is), do NOT colour by hand, you'll waste yourself a lot of time. I remember someone on our scan team was/is using GIMP, so they might know(if they look at this thread, don't remember who it was ^^;).
If not, I'll look into it myself :]
Otherwise, it looks awesome =D

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
We need someone who can do their own redraws as well as others :p
I know that page had a re-draw with Taichi's hair (i knew we had a test somewhere)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
You need to centre your fonts (and use the right fonts those look pants if you need the fonts let me know)
(make sure they are smooth n not sharp)

lawliet96

So it's not good enough?? I really need the fonts (if that's necessary), but everytime i download your fonts, it's always corrupted.

lswanddils

"A Banchou never lies!"
I'm interested.

Well the second person is right, your files are corrupt because I had a go downlaoding them. Although I used my own fonts and to be honest this isn't the best I can do, I spent about 20mins on this, but it's ok I guess. Also whats with the SFX on the second one? I didn't see any on the translation?
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/lswanddils/editortest.jpg Take a look and get back to me please? I'm interested in all sorts of manga, but I cant do much if I'm not given the translation ;P Oh and also, I didn't like the look of leveling so I left it as it was :S Could you also upload the fonts again if possible?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
it has to be levelled to pass so not even going to look
will upload the fonts when i get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.