Looking for archive server

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Hi there,

Ikuto has vanished, and it's not looking like he's ever going to show up again.

We're looking for an archive server where we can put releases so they can actually be accessible beyond the first few months. We're a fansub group that dates back to 2006, and we still have people looking for some of our early stuff... it's difficult, trying to find it.

Otherwise, if people would like to donate towards adding another hard drive to this server, that'd be great too. PayPal donations can be sent to jkaizer@gmail.com

(Yes, this would mean that we would have downloads for Ryuusei no Rockman/Tribe again)

DQAFansubs

Hi there,

Ikuto has vanished, and it's not looking like he's ever going to show up again.

We're looking for an archive server where we can put releases so they can actually be accessible beyond the first few months. We're a fansub group that dates back to 2006, and we still have people looking for some of our early stuff... it's difficult, trying to find it.

Otherwise, if people would like to donate towards adding another hard drive to this server, that'd be great too. PayPal donations can be sent to jkaizer@gmail.com

(Yes, this would mean that we would have downloads for Ryuusei no Rockman/Tribe again)

I may be able to help... Any specific type of archive server your after?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
One where I can FTP the ~400GB worth of files we've released, and then let people download them.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
mackey hosts it, but it's been up/down for the past 4 years... whenever we mention it, he fixes it for a month or so, and then it dies again.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
*Shrug* I know you basically hate me for incidents of the past and you think I am a horrible host 'n such, which I admit I pretty much was. (I was always trying to save money since I barely had a job back then. 5-10 hours a week, sometimes less) but I'm-a still offer to help out anyway cause that's the kind-a person I am. (And I have gotten better with techy shit over the years. Host-wise, transfer-wise, management-wise, etc.)

ANYWAY! If you're at all interested, I've been with my current host for.... 9 months? (since I got my current job back in August) so that's a little more reassuring probably xP It's a 1gbit connection, IRC bots 'n such are actually allowed (unlike last time I hosted one for DATS, which honestly was part of why my service kept going down. Some of the hosts noticed the port / process in use or w/e (not sure exactly) and blocked my ass or told me to move my services by x days and such. -- Though that was only a couple times. The others were my failingness as mentioned previously ;/)

The server in questions full specs, hardware and connection:

Intel Xeon E3-1230 Sandy Bridge 3.2Ghz Quad Core with HyperThreading
500GB SATA II Enterprise Class Western Digital Hard Drive
8GB DDR3 ECC RAM
10TB Bandwidth 1gbit port

So, atm I only have, after partitioning, OS, and cPanel 'n such, about 400GB open, so I can safely say 350GB. When you say "~400GB", not sure if you meant about that, more, or less, but if I need to snag another drive, I should be able to squeeze it. No promises about the increased space though, it's another $20/month for a extra 500GB and I'm getting my own place (or something.. Not sure yet) in October so finances are kind-a up in the air. That $20 might be essential xP -- The server and connection it's self should be more than enough to handle things.

I assume you'll say "hell no", but if I'm wrong, just PM me or something xP

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Send me a user/pass and I'll see about starting to upload stuff. :)

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Information sent, glad I can help out then ^-^ I'd have donated if I could, but I got less than $20 til next Thursday, and I'm trying to save up cause I have to move out on my own in October (lease ends September). Not sure how that's gonna work out yet, so I need every penny ;x But yeah!... Hopefully this helps out ;3

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Hmm, me either. I'll look it up ^_^...

I'm pretty sure it was just download the archive file to server, extract in SSH, then configure a file or two and run the command. I don't remember what the bot we used was though o.o (You set it up initially, I just kind-a followed in and learned after it was already up and running xP)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Ahhhh fxp failed.

And thus begins the ~joy~ of uploading everything by hand.

(I might end up using school's connection for this when I move out next week xp)

Lige

Loves Being Poked
I'll figure out how to get FXP working again xP

This was hard:-(/sarcasm]

Code:
# Allow FXP transfers for authenticated users.

-- AllowUserFXP no
++ AllowUserFXP yes

Changing 1 word and restarting pure-ftpd xP... Anyway, lemme know if it works now ;)

I've downloaded / extracted iroffer into /bot/ in the main directory and made a mybot.config file. I haven't configured it yet though. Gonna Google for a guide 'n what not o.o

Lige

Loves Being Poked
The bot is majority of the way ready. It just needs the "./iroffer -c" part done to generate a encrypted password. That and all the changes for server, channel, and etc. need to go into the mybot.config file. (can be renamed.

Once that's all done, just need to open a screen, "screen" then "./iroffer whatevernameoffileyouchangeitto.config" and it should be good to go.

Documentation for reference 'n what not: http://iroffer.org/docs/quick_start.html

I've barely done much with iroffer in past, so just guesstimating on some parts xD -- Hope it helps ;x

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Transferred: [DATS] Pocket Monsters Best Wishes - PV [9B4F1CBF].mkv 8.21 MB in 7 seconds (1.11 MB/s) \o/ It worked

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Transferred: [DATS] Pocket Monsters Best Wishes - PV [9B4F1CBF].mkv 8.21 MB in 7 seconds (1.11 MB/s) \o/ It worked
Yey! Well, I got about 8 hours til work tonight, and I have been awake for.... 20 hours. Time for a Ligey to sleep. If you need anything else fixed/changed/stuff, either PM me or contact me somehow or just post here and I'll get on it tomorrow morning after work ^_^

Good night ;3