List of Martial Arts Digimon

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
List of Martial Arts Digimon

I'm at it again...

Anyway, as my current custom title may help to showcase, my favorite thing in the world is the martial arts. So whenever I see anything related to the Samurai, the Ninja, Kendo, Karate, you name it, I love it.

So I've instantly gravitated to the number of Digimon who've exhibited traits of that world. I'm more than positive I'm leaving plenty out, so I leave it to the rest of you to help me find any other Digimon that have an appearance or use an attack that's undeniably linked to the martial arts. I'll even accept Onmyou or Shinto-related, since a good number of them wield Asian weaponry. Thanks.

Agnimon (AKA Agunimon)
Doumon (recolored Taomon)
Falcomon
Gaioumon
Ginryuumon
Grizzmon (AKA Grizzlymon)
Igamon (AKA Ninjamon)
Kabukimon
Karatenmon
Kotemon
Kougamon (recolored Igamon)
Kuzuhamon (recolored Sakuyamon)
Musyamon
Pandamon
Peckmon
Ravemon
Renamon
Ryuudamon
Sakuyamon
Sealsdramon
Shawujingmon (AKA Shaujinmon)
Shurimon
Taomon
Turuiemon
Wolfmon (AKA Lobomon)
Yashamon
Zanbamon

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
BTW: Kogamon uses Koga Style Ninjutsu, as opposed to Igamon's Iga Style Ninjustu

Add:
Ravemon
Sealsdramon uses Taijutsu.
I think Wolfmon uses Kendo. And Agnimon uses some Martial Arts aswell.

guilmon93950

Iga is actually short for Igaguri, thats the full name. I suppose it is still correct to say Iga style, but only for short. The full name is still Igaguri style, just to be specific. I beleive that Koga is also short for a larger word.

As for martial arts digimon, I beleive Renamon should qualify because although I don't know if any of the moves she pulls off are a part of any currently existing art, she is more refined than other digimon who just hack and jab. So weather her fighting style is preexisting or original, it's still a martial art.

Also, I think Asuramon is also a martial artist as well as Antiramon, Vajramon, and Pajiramon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Iga and Koga are actually Ninja Villages.

And yes, I think Renamon would qualify. BioLotusmon seems to use Martial Arts, too.

PrimoPiccolo

Ooh, Turuiemon's a good one! I'm weirded out I forgot Renamon. Ravemon's sword is a katana blade, that would count. I wanted to add Wolfmon, but since only the dub called his attack "Lobo Kendo" I wasn't sure, but if you guys say it's all right, up it goes. Research on Agnimon does note his oriental fighting style, as does Grizzmon (though I've never seen him fight, so I'm still suspicious on that one).

Gaomon's battle style is more boxing than anything else, so he's not really in the vein I'm going for.

amigobro2

PrimoPiccolo;34680 said:
Gaomon's battle style is more boxing than anything else, so he's not really in the vein I'm going for.

I thought boxing is a martial art, a European Martial Art from Britain...

PrimoPiccolo

Wikipedia may prove that true, but I'm trying to focus on the Asian martial arts. At least for right now.

amigobro2

Oh, OK, that makes sense, but, Gaomon can be considered using Asian martial arts also because of other moves he can do, for instance, in the Digimon Savers movie, I think he was doing a little more than boxing in that movie, lol! But whatever you feel is cool! ^_^

PrimoPiccolo

amigobro2 said:
Gaomon can be considered using Asian martial arts also because of other moves he can do, for instance, in the Digimon Savers movie, I think he was doing a little more than boxing in that movie, lol!
Yeah, MugenSeiRyuu already spotted me Raramon's sausage nunchaku skills. :D