Just found this

Darkmon

Just found this

It's only one pic and I'm pretty sure I've just wasted a topic on it, but I couldn't find a better place for it ^^;

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Wouldn´t that fall into the "What if Poekmon was like Digimon" Topic we had in the old DATS board ?

Going by the usual "Digimon is a Ripoff of Pokemon " Claims Garurumon would be Arcanine, Ikakkumon would be Dewgong and Patamon would either be Pikachu or Jigglypuff. And Kabuterimon would be Scyther ( yes, they indeed claimed that )

I wonder how much you have to drug a Meowth to get it´s pupils to widen like that.

Darkmon

celestial_sacred;2926 said:
You found it? ... I have a feeling that it's insulting Digimon... >_> Where did that come from?

*laughs* Meowth's pupils!!

Well, I found it in a collection of Pokemon-related art. It's a part of a set of 2-3 pics that make crossovers of Pokemon and that movie's poster.

I found that somewhat humorous, actually. I don't find anything insulting in it. But that may be just me ^^;

Magna

I find it very pretty xD It's well drawn at least.
But we really don't know if it's Pokemon being ripped off by Digimon or Digimon being ripped off by Pokemon, now do we?

Stunt

Funny, I seen it before I just don't remember were. Don't like it much though, it kind of ruins the Digimon name.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Oh, honestly. Pokémon was first created in 1995, I know that. When was digimon made, 1996/7/8 (not sure, somebody tell me please) so pokémon came first. Digimon was just called a ripoff of Pokémon because pokémon aired first in US and because the both end in -mon. They are almost nothing alike really, except for people with monsters who wish to get stronger. In pokémon, you collect them and try to be a master and the pokémon can't talk human (except for a few exceptions, including Meowth, Mewtwo and Lapras) while in digimon they team up with one digimon (or in Willis' case 2) and together you keep peace in each others worlds. They are really nothing alike.

Rant over.

Magna

Johnzaloog, it was actually Digimon that came first in the form of V-Pets (was it v-pets or called something else, correct me?). Digimon was just called a rip-off because Pokemon had more advertising and a bigger "fanbase".
I don't think anyone copied anyone to be honest, you can say a lot of things copied each-other just because of some similarities and coincidences.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Digimon was in the making in 1995, therefore the Mini celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Project.

Anways both Franchises belong to the Monster Genre, but are way different.

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
Yeah, it is indeed a well done poster, seen it about a year ago now.

You could argue that both franchises were being developed at the same time, therefore at that stage one didn't have an effect over the other.

Anways both Franchises belong to the Monster Genre, but are way different.
Yeah, if only the media, and all non-fans that talk about Digimon seen things the correct way.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
The fact that Harley is dressed as Mimi made me laugh. That's a pretty funny picture. Who the heck is dressed as Joe though?

celestial_sacred

Johnzaloog;2943 said:
Oh, honestly. Pokémon was first created in 1995, I know that. When was digimon made, 1996/7/8 (not sure, somebody tell me please) so pokémon came first. Digimon was just called a ripoff of Pokémon because pokémon aired first in US and because the both end in -mon. They are almost nothing alike really, except for people with monsters who wish to get stronger.

Doraemon? :-p Just kidding.

Well, MugenSeiRyuu's right. Digimon started as V-Pets. =3

Magna;2939 said:
But we really don't know if it's Pokemon being ripped off by Digimon or Digimon being ripped off by Pokemon, now do we?

Since we're talking about this picture, Pokemon Adventure is a rip-off of Digimon Adventure! *laughs* Well, that's based on the logo.

Doesn't anyone think the "Pokemon" look awfully weird? Especially the Greymon-cum-Charizard. Haha! But overall, it does look good.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
The Grey-izard certaintly looks odd, and somehow Moltres just looks off. I won't even comment about meowth XD

I think Ash-Tai would have looked better without his hat as well.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
LOL ! I somehow think of that giant Togemon Wannabe molesting James !

gerjomarty;2960 said:
Yeah, if only the media, and all non-fans that talk about Digimon seen things the correct way.

That´s really a big problem. Even good reviews of Digimon call it a Pokemon Ripoff.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
celestial_sacred;3121 said:
I just realised this! When I first saw the picture, I didn't even notice Ash was drawn as Taichi... >_>

Actually, he doesn't horribly different...