JTHM and Jhonen Vasquez's Other Works

DtD

[Z?]
JTHM and Jhonen Vasquez's Other Works

This topic may contain material not suitable for young audiences, or those who cannot take violence ;P

Who likes Jhonen Vasquez? Or...Mr. Scolex as he has been recently been called ;P

I love him, he is my idol ^^ He is also the inspiration for me to pick up a pencil again. I had been drawing anime for a long time (wow, I think 7 years)...but I never got to drawing a manga. I just had no ideas that weren't taken, or too cliche...so I decided to draw some Jhonen-esque stuff.

I liked Invader Zim when I was a child, and still do...but I picked up Squee! sometime last year, which got me into everything JV. ^^

I currently own; JTHM: Director's Cut (Paperback, great condition), Squee's WONDERFUL Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors (Terrible condition...damn kids at school), Invader Zim: Complete Invasion (missing box sleve >_<). I have Jellyfist on order, and I'm searching for EtCBB, I Feel Sick, a new Squee!, and saving up for an Invader Zim House Box Set (w/ Gir Figure ;P) I have on hold at the local Borders.

I'll be posting a sample of my comic up soon.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
If you can still find it and if you're looking to complete your collection (which is about the ONLY reason to have it) go find the Bad Art Collection. It makes JtHM and Squee look... normal. There's also a mini-comic with Fillerbunny, I think.
Also, try Amazon for the DVDs. (Or a McKays if you have it in your area..which is where I got the complete set for $20.)

IFS is probably one of the better works ranking up there with Johnny. Squee, while I enjoyed, didn't share quite the same art style and some things just... bothered me. ...nitpicky things, yeah. At least JV kept Ms Bitters for Invader Zim. That made me incredibly happy.

"a new Squee!"
What's this about new Squee?

"I liked Invader Zim when I was a child"
God, I feel so old ...

As Mr. V put in the JtHM collection the whole concept of Johnny's world and ideals cattering to some sick, deep emotional anger all of us share that enjoys gore and volence for the sake of taking out frustration on that idiot in the convience store that just totally decerves to die, is the whole reason I love the series. It's pretty much everything I'd ever wanted to do to society.. but had enough common sense to curb that demon for fear of ...y'know.. jail XD As it's so nicely put "I no longer fear hell.. I work in retail."

DtD

[Z?]
I need a new Squee ^^ My old one is torn and tattered.

Hell no! I would never, ever put Bad Art Collection in with my other stuff. I have read it at a book store >___>

I want Everthing Can Be Beaten, but that is very rare ;P

There are actually 3 Filler Bunny comics, and a very rare Invader Zim one (which I have on a disk xD)

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
haha. Yeah, BAC is terrible.. I got it for 50 cents. XD;

Oooh, NEW Squee. Drat.. get my hopes up.

Everything Can Be Beaten? I shall have to keep an eye open for this...

Honestly I never liked Filler Bunny all that much.. always just felt sorry for the thing.. and despite my tolerance for murdering people (go fig) I have something about murdering a poor helpless little pink bunny o_0;

DtD

[Z?]
Tcatomon;6012 said:
haha. Yeah, BAC is terrible.. I got it for 50 cents. XD;

Oooh, NEW Squee. Drat.. get my hopes up.

Everything Can Be Beaten? I shall have to keep an eye open for this...

Honestly I never liked Filler Bunny all that much.. always just felt sorry for the thing.. and despite my tolerance for murdering people (go fig) I have something about murdering a poor helpless little pink bunny o_0;

Everything Can Be Beaten was done like Jellyfist, under the name "Mr. Scolex" and it is a collaboration with "Crab Scrambly".

If I could get BAC for 50 cents, then I would...I like the Happy Noodle Boy in it

I love filler bunny so much, just not the latest book...too well done.