Joining the group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faqcorner

Joining the group?

Although I would like to get my Japanese skills up first, how can I become a translator for DATS?

(I would do translation part under FAQCorner + DATS type of joint subbing though......)....

...?

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Scipio will come to this post and probably give you a test, translators are always welcomed.

faqcorner

pawitp;11831 said:
Scipio will come to this post and probably give you a test, translators are always welcomed.
...test?

eh...what kind....

oh and a note: I'm taking Japanese 2 right now, and I will be going until Japanese 3, and maybe take more in college...but I'll also be furthering it on my own and hopefully via subbing and translation of the anime + manga.

I'll try my best regardless...*sigh* test on te-form things in japanese *sigh*....

EDIT: oh and just to note...if I REALLY don't know, I'll actually ask either the Advisor for my Anime Club or better maybe my actual Japanese teacher to help me a bit >_>

faqcorner

pawitp;11837 said:
Japanese, I don't really know anything about it... you'll see soon enough

eh..kk..

back to hw of LOF crud...cause I can't sleep (4 o clock in the morning here...) ...

faqcorner

oh and another question...

do you get to choose which anime you would help translate or is it restricted to one anime or just do which one you want or something like that?

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Don't take my answer authoratively, but translator can probably choose what other translator haven't translated. But we're looking for a Rockman.EXE Stream translator.

faqcorner

pawitp;11849 said:
Don't take my answer authoratively, but translator can probably choose what other translator haven't translated. But we're looking for a Rockman.EXE Stream translator.
meh

I'll think about it

I'll need someone to send the RAW format of it so I can view it (just a note: I'm not that good at listening at the music, such as like the intro/out music, because my listening comprehension isn't THAT good yet, but I think I can do the regular part of the episode >_> I'll still try to do the music though if needed (though I wouldn't do as good...too fast ><)

I am also ok with helping out with the Ryuusei no Rockman branch too btw....

EDIT: I am also ok with helping out with the Ryuusei no Rockman branch too btw....in fact I really do want to help in it

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Someone else can do the OPED then. Onkeikun is already translating RnR, we're lacking Stream translator currently. You can pickup RAWs from our staff section if you need to. Zelsius - the head of the team - (I did say Scipio earlier, so maybe him as well) will decide on this.

faqcorner

pawitp;11851 said:
Someone else can do the OPED then.

k

pawitp;11851 said:
Onkeikun is already translating RnR, we're lacking Stream translator currently.

fine, but I could be a secondary translator for RnR then?..umm... Iguess.....

pawitp;11851 said:
You can pickup RAWs from our staff section if you need to. \

hai

pawitp;11851 said:
Zelsius - the head of the team - (I did say Scipio earlier, so maybe him as well) will decide on this.

k got it...I guess I'll wait until later, and frickin finish my hw and my site....*sigh*

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Hi, I'm one of DATS's translators. Since you say you'd really like to help with RnR, I suggest you become a TL Checker for that project. That would give you the freedom to translate in another project (like Stream), but you won't be completely excluded from helping in RnR. I hope you may also learn a few things about the language and translating this way.

I'm also curious to know what you mean by "Japanese 2" and "Japanese 3." I'm assuming that's the equivalent of High-Beginner/Low-Intermediate level?

faqcorner

onkeikun;11853 said:
Hi, I'm one of DATS's translators.

kk...

onkeikun;11853 said:
Since you say you'd really like to help with RnR, I suggest you become a TL Checker for that project.

TL Checker = ??

..um does it mean Translation Checker or something?

onkeikun;11853 said:
That would give you the freedom to translate in another project (like Stream), but you won't be completely excluded from helping in RnR. I hope you may also learn a few things about the language and translating this way.

...if it means Translation checker or something like that, sure I guess I can be TL checker in there then... + translate in Stream or somethin...

onkeikun;11853 said:
I'm also curious to know what you mean by "Japanese 2" and "Japanese 3." I'm assuming that's the equivalent of High-Beginner/Low-Intermediate level?
basicly in my HIGH school there are 4 levels

- Japanese 1
- Japanese 2
- Japanese 3
- Japanese 4 Honors

I have gotten up to Japanese 2.

Each of these classes take 1 year to complete, so the time I've been in SCHOOL doing Japanese is 1 year + a month or so.

I will be doing up to maybe Japanese 3 and after that 3rd year I will stop doing it at school and start to learn it by myself until college where I'll take more Japanese classes + maybe Chinese (to get myself to remember, but that's out of the scope of this....)

so yea around high-beginner / low intermediate, I think by the end of this year about I would be maybe middle intermediate or high intermediate depending how well I do in that class / how much I learn in and out of class...

I have 2 teachers I can refer to for getting translations if I don't know anything, both are I think Native (the Japanese teacher) + maybe Near Native / Native (my anime club teacher adviser)

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Yes, TL Checker means Translation Checker.

This isn't an orthodox way of learning (if my prim professors knew of it, they may strangle me alive), but I suggest that you read manga in its raw form if you'd like to enhance your Japanese. It's full of slang and accents that you won't recognize at first, but I think you'd be able to get better grips of sentence structure and vocabulary -- overall, this will help you gain a good "ear" for translating.

faqcorner

onkeikun;11855 said:
Yes, TL Checker means Translation Checker.

This isn't an orthodox way of learning (if my prim professors knew of it, they may strangle me alive), but I suggest that you read manga in its raw form if you'd like to enhance your Japanese. It's full of slang and accents that you won't recognize at first, but I think you'd be able to get better grips of sentence structure and vocabulary -- overall, this will help you gain a good "ear" for translating.

who says I'm doing just this?

I am looking at other pages on the internet, It's just this is one of the ways I'm deciding to learn, just one of them....

I have:
- a fricking book
- classes...at school
- websites
- more websites
- this
- more websites
- skype (to practice online)
- etc.

so yea....

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Hmm. If you feel that those items are helpful to you, then that's fine.

By the way, I may be the one who'll make up the test for you, but it'll be the leaders who'll contact you with the specifics. Just sit back and wait for someone to PM you. :]

faqcorner

onkeikun;11859 said:
Hmm. If you feel that those items are helpful to you, then that's fine.

By the way, I may be the one who'll make up the test for you, but it'll be the leaders who'll contact you with the specifics. Just sit back and wait for someone to PM you. :]

meh...k

back to frickin hw and forum stuff *sigh*

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Um. Okay, so do you speak enough Japanese to translate any of the anime we sub?

If so consider yourself hired.

faqcorner

Zelsius;11866 said:
Um. Okay, so do you speak enough Japanese to translate any of the anime we sub?

If so consider yourself hired.
kind of, I think mostly I need to learn just new vocabs and stuff, and I have several resources to go to if I need help to translate.

I can also help with any episode summaries or any of the website helping ones (minor stuff, cause I have my own site too :)) if needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.