Interested in a shoutbox?

[18:34] <&Scar> You should make a shoutbox
[18:34] <&Scar> that would be nice

So, do people agree or disagree?

Results of this poll will determine if one gets added or not :D

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I think it would be nice for "shouts" xD #DATs could still be used for chatting, but I know there are alot of forum members who have never been on irc :p

Magna

It's not a bad idea, but I'm against it. Just more stuff to look after.
Instead, why not put up an irc guide for the DATS channel so people who never used irc know how it works(or links to good ones/sites?)?

Pojo

Its not necessarily that they don't know how to use IRC but some people might not want to use IRC, I know how to run IRC and I have the DATs server added, its just a hassle and i don't like using IRC, I doubt im the only one

KouseiKibou

I've seen some sites that had server problems with shoutboxes, although I doubt that this forum would have that problem (it was a major site with a ton of well... spammy idiots).

And it would be good for people who are just too timid to use IRC.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I can second this. I don't like IRC and the one time I went on it several years I got my head bit off by a random mod. Most of the people there that I've run into are rude and aren't willing to help a n00b out when it comes to downloading. -_- It may have changed recently.. dunno. For downloading I'd rather use Isohunt.

As for a shoutbox. Nah. Forum's fine as it is, we chat enough here. I asume most people have some form of outside contact (Aim, Yahoo, etc) to keep in touch and talk.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
RamenRanger;3685 said:
Scar after your shoutbox do you really want one here

Mine wasn't a real shoutbox >>; This shoutbox is forum intergraded and it can be easily managed >>;

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
ok mabye it will be different but i can bet my money that people will beg to know when the next release is.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
An IRC tutorial wouldn't be bad at all. I've learned the easy stuffs to learning how to get off of either xdcc bots from groups and from fileservers through some. If needed there's also one guide that did it animated, step-by-step.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
hell they can just use the chat at the top
i don't fancy us having a shoutbox