I'm buying a laptop

Elecmon

I'm buying a laptop

After working my butt off for the past 8 months I'm finally ready to order myself a laptop. I've decided to forgo the Dell and HP crap and go with an M-tech laptop. Why? Because they hate Dell as much as I do and they hate beefing up price for computer noobs.

So anyway on to specs.

-15.4" WXGA 1280x800 w/GlassView
-Nvidia GeForce Go 8600 GT w/512MB
-Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz T7300(4MB L2 Cache)
-2048MB 2 DIMMS(667MHz)RAM
-Primary Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM) SATA HDD
-DVD +/-R RW Dual Layer
-Embedded 4-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MS Pro/SD/MMC)
-2MP Integrated Digital Video Camera,56K V.90 Modem, 10/100/1000 Ethernet,Finger Print ID
-INTEL PRO/Wireless 4965AGN (802.11 a/g/n)
-Windows Vista Home Basic

So what do you guys think? Since it will be mostly for gaming, I wonder if you guys think it is decent for gaming.

nezucho

<b>Encoder</b><br>Resident Rodent
sounds like it'd very good for gaming (mind you, i'm using a pentium II)

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Overall it is a good laptop. Yet the Asus G1S-A1 still beats it, but if you are going for a gaming laptop, why not wait till the mobile 88's come out? Also how many cells it the battery? Also if you don't mind me asking, how much are you spending?

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Vista.. boo.

But otherwise it looks decent enough to me. I'm running the Gforce 6800 (I think o0; ) and it has no problems running Oblivion on high res EVERYTHING. That's one pimped out laptop o_o

Elecmon

It's a 9-cell I think, they don't actually say it, but I'm pretty sure that's it. And this thing will set me back $1453. The only reason I get vista is because new games will start becoming vista as well as some already out, so I figured I would just do it.