• Something completely different

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Oh, please, no more Digimon! D:

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
If another Digimon season was made...

...What 'style' would you want it to be in?

Inspired from the many "new Digimon season" threads that everyone keeps making, obviously, heh heh.

So, what do I mean by style? Well, look at the first 4 seasons. They are all drawn in pretty much the same style, the characters are around 10 years old, and the show is pretty much aimed at younger kids. Then there is Savers. It has an 'edgier' look to it, the characters are older, and the target audience is slightly older (correct me if Im wrong).

So what would you prefer? Would you like to see the next season as something closer to the original 4 seasons? Something with older characters like Savers? Or would you like a season that has a completely different feel than the other seasons have had? Share your thoughts here :)

And let's keep the conversation clear of any Savers/Tamers/Frontier/Zero Two 02, since we already have a couple of threads for that. Don't let the idea of an 02 of something influence your decision!

....Anywho, I started this topic, I may as well voice my opinion, eh? Personally, I would like to see Digimon go back to it's roots. Savers was fun and was quite the adventure, but to me, it just didn't feel like Digimon anymore. Very few of the characters had any real development, there were a few that didn't even have any background. I could go on, but the point is, it just wasn't the same to me (And it's hard to mix the angular[sp?] characters with the other seasons in AMVs e_e ). And I found that the artwork in Savers was generally pretty poor (Mouths are NOT square! But to be fair, the more importaint eps look GREAT).

I hope Im not offending anyone with that :/

There are a lot of different ways to go with a new Digimon season, and they could be great. But I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't hurt me.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Every time I think of a sixth season, I think of Lunamon and Coronamon. And the original Digimon art style is the only one that would facilitate them.

Savers had some awesome animation, but that's another part of what made Savers great, so I wouldn't want another season taking that away from its uniqueness. ;_;

Ikuto, Chika and Relena were cool, but they're just not the same type of little kids I love in Digimon series.

Ninja Note: The word is similar. ^^

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Personally, I wouldn't mind if it had aspects from Adventure, Savers, and Tamers, if Savers got a second season.

Magna

Something completely different. If Savers was the same to the previous seasons, I probably wouldn't have watched it, but it's differences made me want to watch it. I've had enough of the old seasons to be honest, and watching similar things over and over just proves to be no fun. But I don't want a new season similar to Savers, because Savers wouldn't be that special anymore, nor will it stand out with its own qualities that were new to Digimon if it gets repeated. Unless it is a Savers 2, then I want it a continuation of the Savers style. That's just my opinion, so feel free to argue :]
A shojo serious would be fun too, but with fighting monsters, I can't imagine it happening XD

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
And now for something completely different.

They need to keep to that saying. Adventure 02 proved that they can't pull a pokemon here, so it's best to avoid direct sequels.

As for the style, I liked the artwork from savers. If they could mix that with a goggleboy, it'd be great. I also hope that they somehow incorporate split evolutionary paths. So the boy with the Agumon used Wargreymon for last battle, but it's just not cutting it for this one. In that case, go down a different path, perhaps to ShineGreymon. Plus, having a goggleboy who's not an idiot is a plus. I hated Daisuke. Give me someone similar to V-Tamer Taichi, and we're good. ^-^ Someone who likes things simple, but isn't an idiot and can come up with things on the fly. That'd be what I want. ^-^

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Animation style: Digimon Adventure episode 21. XD

As for plot style... I dunno...for some reason, I think there should be a season which will satisfy everyone ....I want there to be a crossover season...yeah, you heard me... all 5 seasons, working together, maybe even split up with other season characters to see more in dept of their pasts and how the characters relate to other characters who seem like them and some who arent like them. That way, no one will complain cuz it's all there. XDD

Maybe even some background story about Ken and Ryo in there too when they meet again.

The bad guy should be the one Ryo fought in his past stories (I dunno how to spell his name lol) since he can cross dimensions....it would be so cool...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
You mean Parallelmon?

Huh. But that idea reminds me oddly of one of the crossovers from V-Tamer, where they defeated the opponent with a heated argument. XD That was hilarious!

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
You mean when Taichi met Daisuke and, imo, is implied that Taichi (in V-Tamers, unless mentioned much later in the series) doesn't have a younger sister? I only say that because Taichi saw a list of everyone that was trapped, including "Yagami Hikari", I'm sure he would've reacted in some way or made reference to it, like, "Wow, I have a sister named Hikari too."

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Huh? Well, if I'm not mistaken, it was Ryou or something who had a major villain like that. I think Parallelmon was even referenced in that crossover (odd, a crossover referencing a different crossover...), but I remember how funny it was when the bad guy (at the time, Vikemon I think), who was weak to heat, passed out because of their heated discussion over who would get to beat the bad guy. It was funny. ^-^

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ryou had Vikemon with Taichi
Parallelmon had Daisuke with Taichi

Ryou ended up with Millenniummon.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah, I see. But I do agree that that kind of thing would be kinda neet. Ish. Though, probably only for an OVA. I wouldn't watch another series with Daisuke-baka in it.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Yeah...I meant Millenniummon. XD (such a hard name to spell :confused:)

@Role: What's wrong with Daisuke/Davis? ....okay, I admit, I used to hate his guts...but ever since reading the drama CDs with Nat-chan, he's grown on me.... I think he may be one of my favorite characters now. :confused:;;

I think it should be one heck of a long movie. XD Or a long OVA, like maybe....13 eps or something XDD.

I always loved the little crossover stuff in the Digimon CDs/Manga....I would love to see some of it animated. (Adventure ep 21 style! Come on, who doesnt love ep 21?)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Why? You're seriously asking why? I hated Adventure Taichi. Daisuke tries and fails to be Adventure Taichi, and has only half the IQ. I got sick of him by the third episode. Even when re-watching the show in the original! I mean, I just to just purely hate Taichi, until V-Tamer, where he's actually kinda cool. So now I distinguish between Adventure Taichi, who I think is a bumbling idiot with no right to lead, and V-Tamer Taichi, who is a skilled strategist, humorous, and intelligent, though he prefers simplicity and fun (Taichi-Zero dance for the win! XD).

Daisuke, however, not only is an idiot who has no right leading the team, others such as Takeru, Ken, and Hikari have to cover for him when he screws up, which is often. I reeks of incompetency.

Though, this could be compounded by the fact that I HATED Adventure 02. Jogressing, lack of anything new, non-jogressed, and above adult level, final boss killed with HAPPY THOUGHTS. I mean, seriously. WHAT. THE. HELL. No. Just... no.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Wow. So if Taichi was an idiot, what does that make the rest of the team, who without him broke up?

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Role;43416 said:
final boss killed with HAPPY THOUGHTS. I mean, seriously. WHAT. THE. HELL. No. Just... no.

ROFLMAO!

I kinda agree with that....no happy thoughts here, please. XDD

But Tai and Davis being idiots is kind of a team leader trademark...somewhat.... I don't read V-Tamer, but isnt Taichi alone with just his Digimon there? So he wouldnt really be a "team leader" right...?

In all anime cliches.....most of the time, it's a hot headed determined idiot who is the leader...and it almost always works...XD (Though, Takuya may be idiotic, but he isnt so idiotic like Tai and Davis...)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
They're the 'charismatic idiot' character. I don't like that type of character. Like you said, it's cliched. I don't like cliches. That one in particular. Taichi and Daisuke were my least favorite characters in that series (conversely, I liked Takeru and Hikari).

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ

I don't agree that Daisuke and Taichi are the idiots you make them out to be, but since this is OT, I'm not going to argue. Take it to PM if you feel so inclined. :|

I loved Savers style, but what I can never get enough of is the cute-ified versions of the characters in the previous seasons. The animation that gives the humans larger eyes, larger hands, and feet? And the Digimon seem to appear more smoother. If you know what I mean. If the animation was like that all of the time, I'd be head over heels.

I'd like to see a crossover of all of the seasons, too, like what was in the multi-season scans, but I'm afraid it might get old very fast. There's only so much that the reckless-types can do with and against the coolheaded-types with and against the bawling-types, etc... I don't want to tire of my Digimon. :x

The Analyzer

onkeikun;43576 said:
I'd like to see a crossover of all of the seasons, too, like what was in the multi-season scans, but I'm afraid it might get old very fast. There's only so much that the reckless-types can do with and against the coolheaded-types with and against the bawling-types, etc... I don't want to tire of my Digimon. :x

The easier thing would be to not cross them all over at once, but only to do season pairs (Adventure/Tamers, Tamers/Frontier, Frontier/Savers). That way, there'll be more of a chance for the separate casts to interact and grow with each other (That what I'm doing with one, though Miyako's got to stop hogging all the screentime and flirting with Hikari and Ruki XD).

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Role;43416 said:
Why? You're seriously asking why? I hated Adventure Taichi. Daisuke tries and fails to be Adventure Taichi, and has only half the IQ.
Do you have any proof of these claims and accusations? Daisuke, imo, never tried to be like Taichi. Looking up to an older person and trying to be that person are two different things completely. He admired Taichi for his courage (referenced in the drama when he witnessed the stuff that happened with Vamdemon in Adventure) and for his soccer skill, a sport that's vast in Japan. Daisuke also isn't stupid. I never realized that doing badly at math in school means that one is stupid.

If you want to put blame on a character for trying to be a carbon copy of another, then use Ken. He literally was trying to become Osamu.
I got sick of him by the third episode. Even when re-watching the show in the original! I mean, I just to just purely hate Taichi, until V-Tamer, where he's actually kinda cool. So now I distinguish between Adventure Taichi, who I think is a bumbling idiot with no right to lead, and V-Tamer Taichi, who is a skilled strategist, humorous, and intelligent, though he prefers simplicity and fun (Taichi-Zero dance for the win! XD).
I like both fine. Taichi in Adventure is obviously a good leader and was good at keeping the group together, because the team wouldn't have fallen apart after he left after the battle against Etemon (I think it was).
Daisuke, however, not only is an idiot who has no right leading the team, others such as Takeru, Ken, and Hikari have to cover for him when he screws up, which is often. I reeks of incompetency.
IMO, Adventure 02 didn't really have a leader, just a central goggle boy. That aside, you keep saying Daisuke is an idiot...why don't you prove what you claim?
Though, this could be compounded by the fact that I HATED Adventure 02. Jogressing, lack of anything new, non-jogressed, and above adult level, final boss killed with HAPPY THOUGHTS. I mean, seriously. WHAT. THE. HELL. No. Just... no.
I actually had no problem with the way Adventure 02 went. I do have qualms that BelialVamdemon was the final villain as opposed to Demon, but it made sense in a nutshell. They had to overcome darkness, and what other way to defeat "darkness" than with light?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I never doubted his ability to lead. I just said he was an idiot.

Daisuke exists, in my opinion, for nothing more than comic relief. Only problem is, I don't like that kind of humor. It annoys me.

Regardless, though, both Taichi and Daisuke often didn't listen to the advice of others, and often get the group in trouble for it. That makes me like them less.

As for the ending, I'd prefer an epic final battle than what we got.

Now then, all I've been saying, more or less, is that I don't like Taichi and Daisuke. So why are you trying to defend them? They annoy me, and that all there is to it. Nothing you say will change my opinion. So can we please get back on topic?

-----------------------------------

Back on topic, I'd actually like to see digimon take kind of a darker turn. One that, rather than a bunch of kids that are destined to save the world, to one where something happens to them while in the world, that drives them to keep that kind of thing happening again. Something that would slowly lead to the end, where they discover and take out the person working in the shadows, manipulating the events that had happened. Also, all for everyone's digimon reaching the highest level, rather than just the goggleboy and lone wolf.