I was wondering...

The Analyzer

Digimon Image Song Translations...

Would it be okay to request Digimon song translations? Or at least, the dialogue parts of song translations? Because some have no translations I can find on the net. This particulary pertains to many of the Adventure Partners Image Songs. Heck, I had to search hard in order to find the translation for Agumon Ondo (He's singing about food, BTW).

And some of the translations for other songs don't translate the points where a singer or singers are just simply talking. Like, what the heck are Miyako and Hawkmon babbling about in Fly High and what Iori and Armadimon are saying to each other in Mirai no Message? As an obsessive fanfic writer who analyses almost anything that would help me understand a character's personality, I must know these things?

So, would it be alright if I posted a request topic about this?

Note: Since this was moved to the General Section, I changed the title so those who would be inclined with translating songs would find it.

Note II: Ack! The title didn't change! Hey mods, how do you change the topic title?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I see no problem with it :)

(And that's one thing I really would like to make this summer... a Digimon Discography)

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Okay, i moved it to Digimon General, just in case others keep posting Digimon Lyrics, they will most likely find them here, ne?

The Analyzer

Tcatomon;4051 said:
I think Megchan used to translate songs of long ago.

http://www.megchan.com/digimon/

Not sure if that helps any.. I haven't been there in yeeeeears.

I am a frequent visitor of the site. It's good, but it doesn't translate the dialogue in the songs or has the translations of most of the Adventure Partner Digimon's songs. And Oretachi no Melody's translation page always goes to the "This page cannot be found" page.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
then email her telling her it isn't working - she will fix it :)
i think animelyrics had a good set of songs at one point too - not been there in months

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Sorry to bump, but I remembered this topic while listening to Fly High just now. I always thought the dialogue in it was cute, funny, and perfectly their relationship, so here it is:

Miyako: Hey hey hey hey hey, Hawkmon!
Hawkmon: What is it, Miyako-san?
Miyako: Oh! Sorry, sorry, I wanted to talk to Poromon instead!
Poromon: What is it, Miyako-san?
Miyako: Oh, but maybe I feel like talking to Halsemon today!
Halsemon: Halsemon is here!
Miyako: But the coolest one of all is Shurimon!
Shurimon: SHUUUURIIIIIIIMOOOOOoooon~
Miyako: Now do Halsemon and Shurimon at the same time!
Hawkmon: ......................................Eh?

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Where did you get this, was this one of your Drama Translations ^^;;

I'm about to go check them out, so i wouldn't know XD

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Nope, it's from Miyako and Hawkmon's duet song, "Fly High." I, or someone else here if they're quicker than me, can upload it for you if you don't have it. ^^

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Wow, I've been trying to figure that out for months now!!! The dialogue in Fly High! I was catching what Hawkmon was saying (it's easy), but Miyako was a bit difficult because of how high her voice gets when excited so what she was saying, wasn't easy to catch. The only thing I knew entirely (for her) was the first line. The next line by Miyako, all I could get was that, "Oh, Chigau chigau" part and I knew what that meant. For the other lines, most of what I could get by her were the Digimon names...oh, and the "Kakoii" thing for Shurimon...think she said that, been forever since I've heard it.

I wonder if I could catch anything from the other songs now since I know a little bit more compared to then...

Fly High

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
I can write out their dialogue in kanji if you want to practice, SSJ. =D The dialogue in other songs I doubt will be a challenge for you at your level. They become pretty simple once you follow.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Waa~

Thanks for the Link, SSJ =D

Fly, fly high
Go over the clouds
Go, go far
To an unknown world

takaku takaku tobe kumo o nori koete
tooku tooku yuke shiranai sekai e

This is a very catchy and good song... i love it ~

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
onkeikun;7454 said:
I can write out their dialogue in kanji if you want to practice, SSJ. =D The dialogue in other songs I doubt will be a challenge for you at your level. They become pretty simple once you follow.
That'd be really nice of you to do, although, I would like to listen first, and the match it together. I'm trying to remember another duet that had dialogue in it. Fly High just always stood out for me because of how goofy it was. lol

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
I think Mimi & Palmon's, Sora & Piyomon's, Iori & Armadimon's duet were the only ones with dialogue? Anyway, I put Miyako & Hawkmon's dialogue in spoiler tags so you can see it whenever you want. xD

京: ねねねねねね、ホークモン!
ホ-クモン: なんでしょう 京さん。
京: あっ 違うの違うの 今日用があるのはポロモンなんだ。
ポロモン: なんですか 京さん。
京: ああ でもね 今日はホルスモンて気分かな!
ホルスモン: ホルスモンです!
京: でも一番カッコイイのはシュリモンだよ!
シュリモン: シュウウウウリイイイモォォオオオン~
京: じゃ、ホルスモンとシュリモンと、同時に!
ホ-クモン: ・・・・・・え?