I Love How Piedmon (At Least In The Dub)...

Booncy

I Love How Piedmon (At Least In The Dub)...

...laughed at defeating both WarGreymon & MetalGarurumon and said that it was due to him being an experienced Mega level digimon whilest those two were still newly evolved & inexperienced, yet the newly evolved & inexperienced ULTIMATE LEVEL digimon MagnaAngemon basically tossed him aside like a rag doll :p.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
As it was mentioned earlier, HolyAngemon had the advantage over Piemon because of Piemon's type. Even though it's not as emphasized as much as in Pokemon, Digimon do have different types and do have weaknesses. A "holy type" like HolyAngemon would be strong against a dark type like Piemon. Look at earlier on in the series, Angemon had the advantage over Devimon.

Angewolf

SSJ Jup81;96695 said:
As it was mentioned earlier, HolyAngemon had the advantage over Piemon because of Piemon's type. Even though it's not as emphasized as much as in Pokemon, Digimon do have different types and do have weaknesses. A "holy type" like HolyAngemon would be strong against a dark type like Piemon. Look at earlier on in the series, Angemon had the advantage over Devimon.

Ya SSJ is correct, but i must also add that HolyAngemon also had the help of other digimon to help him seal Piemon away. Cus i bet if Holyangemon didn't bring back the others he might of lost againts Piemon cus if i'm correct the darkness type digimon also have an advantage againts holy type digimon just to symbolize the constant struggle between both good and evil.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Yeah... because most of the bad guys are Dark digimon, holy-types like Angemon appear to be 'teh haxxorz' in comparison to everyone else. It's not a matter of something like 'double damage vs opposite type' like in pokemon. It actually varies quite a bit, with things like Devils and Angels having an extreme weakness to each other. Technically, Piedmon could have just as easily wiped out HolyAngemon.

Of course, this gets thrown out the window a bit when HolyAngemon appears to be on-par in power compared to BlackWarGreymon in Adventure 02 (who should have had only a minor weakness to light in comparison to other villain types)... but that was Adventure 02. I can't say I'm surprised they pulled crap like that in there.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Well, it actually makes sense. While BWG is a Dragon Type, he is also part Dark Type. Sort of. ( Seriously, they really need to introduce Dual Type Digimon into the Story Games. I bet a lot would be Dual-Types, like BWG, Argomon, Kiwimon, Hououmon...) Even the profile of a regular BWG mentions some Dark Stuff. And just because he would have been sucked in, wouldn't mean that there was no escape from that.