I feel ashamed...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I feel ashamed...

I just caught myself calling Vamdemon Myotismon in an RP... I'm so ashamed, since I've always been all finicky about using original names rather than the ones given by the Dub.

After a long think about what to do (a whole .07 seconds!), I decided I needed to be lectured.

As such, I am here to be lectured to. This is not about Original vs Dub, however. Don't lecture on that, nobody cares. This is about staying consistent with what translation you're using. So then, lecture away...

Magna

Don't be so harsh on yourself, mistakes happen and we move on. It happens to everyone and is called life :)
Consistency is good, but no-one is perfect ;o

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
If you're in RP or in a board where lots of people use the dub name, then it's ok. If not, oh well. Don't beat yourself up over it. It's not something to beat yourself on.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Just for your information, I do that all the time. Especially if it's something written over the course of many days. I kind of interchange as my mood goes. And I tend to use terms I know. If I know the English term but don't know or remember the Japanese term, I go with English even if the rest of the thing is based upon Japanese terms. The opposite takes place as well, though less often. There are times where I even equally use English and Japanese terms (even when referring to the same thing). Which ever comes up faster gets written/typed.

Besides, as digi said, Myotismon is correct. Staying consistant is only when to keep the picky people out.

As Magna and Kage said, don't be too hard on yourself. It doesn't matter. One way or the other, it's referring to the same thing anyway.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...But I'm the GM. And the rules state that for consistency and standardization purposes, Original Japanese terms and names are used.

I'm glad I caught it before one of the players did.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
It's always a good idea to look over your post at least once before you post it if such a rule is in effect. You never know what you can catch.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Yeah, I know... That's how I caught it. I usually look it over once before posting, and once again after posting, just to make sure.

Magna

At least you caught it then :)
And even if you didn't, I'm sure that the players would understand, I'm sure that it happens/ may have happened to them too(I know that it has for me).

PositronCannon

UNFORGIVABLE MISTAKE. HOW DARE YOU. D:
*ahem*
Eh, been there, done that, our brains aren't perfect. It's nothing to be ashamed of, and this is coming from someone who despises anything related to most dubs and constantly refuses to use dub terms at all... :p

Michelle

I may be late in terms of posting but you wouldn't be called a human if you don't make any mistake. We do embarrass ourselves once in a while but make do with a smile; do not feel depressed or ashamed of yourself. At least you did spot the mistake beforehand. Even though I may not know whether or not you will be reading this, be proud of yourself.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah, but as GM, I have the reputation of ALMIGHTY GODDESS to live up to.

Michelle

Role;77776 said:
Ah, but as GM, I have the reputation of ALMIGHTY GODDESS to live up to.

I am sure you do know that everyone is aware that GMs are humans too. They will really be dumbdumbs if they think that GMs do not make mistakes. I understand that you do not wish to have your reputation affected and sorry, do not feel offended but you do not have to be the ALMIGHTY GODDESS in this forum because there are still other GMs around. What's over, is over. No point brooding over it. Cheer up :)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Heh, I take it you're new here. You must not know of my extreme obsession with both roleplaying and the ALMIGHTY BANHAMMER.