Got a picture to post? Please use the albums!

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Got a picture to post? Please use the albums!

Earlier today I got an e-mail from a webmaster who is not very pleased with us.

She found a couple posts that direct linked to her pictures, and wasn't very happy that we were stealing her bandwidth.

So, if you're going to be posting pictures - of whatever - then PLEASE upload them to the albums! We have them for a reason, so use 'em! ^_^

I hate to be nasty and stuff (you guys know I like to play around, but sometimes I have to be serious <3) but if I find more people direct linking to off-site pictures, I'm going to have to issue some bans.

To get the URL for images, just right click on them - it's an option in most browsers - it's really easy :)

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Almost all my posted images are from my Photobucket - Nemomon, so probably i'll stay with my host.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
photobucket is fine it's when people direct link to someones site that isn't free, for example is someone direct linked to one of my pics on starlight i have to pay for the bandwith that they steal from me.

Photobucket/Imageshack among other was created to let people use their service for free.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I link from my domain and not photobucket and imageshack, is that okay? Only other place I use is Tinypic, but usually I stick to crystal-dreams.us.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
As long as is a place where YOU uploaded it. If YOU didn't upload it, it's direct linking.

Emi-hime

Scipio;43525 said:
As long as is a place where YOU uploaded it. If YOU didn't upload it, it's direct linking.

Yay! Thank you =D

(And on the subject of using the albums, the only issue is that there is only room for a certain amounht of images, so eventually, if somebody does use the albums, they'll run out of room)

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
And if anyone needs to upload that many pictures to a message board, they're insane to begin with.

Emi-hime

Vande;43687 said:
They can always delete old stuff - ways n means.

As an example, let's say they uploaded there for things for one of the image topics. Those images can always be clicked, so if they deleted one, it would be a broken image for somebody who was one day looking back through the topic.

It's also reasonable for them to eventually hit the limit.

Edit: And just to clarify, while I do think we have a LOT of space and that it is true you can delete stuff, I'm just giving examples of where the person would NOT be able to delete things and would eventually hit the limit given.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Emi said:
let's say they uploaded there for things for one of the image topics. Those images can always be clicked, so if they deleted one, it would be a broken image for somebody who was one day looking back through the topic.
People surfing old topics should expect for images and links to be broken. Nature of the beast that is the internet.

Emi said:
And just to clarify, while I do think we have a LOT of space and that it is true you can delete stuff, I'm just giving examples of where the person would NOT be able to delete things and would eventually hit the limit given.
Then they can upload anything else to PhotoBucket, ImageShack, Tinypic, ImageThrust, or any of the other tons of picture-housing websites. There's no excuse for stealing bandwidth.