Game VS Anime, Take 2

Dengar

Game VS Anime, Take 2

I believe most of us have played the second game at least a little, and most of us have seen the anime. So, I decided to make another topic about comparing the two and discussing which is better.

I'll start off discussion by, just like last time, mentioning BrotherBands and Link Power.

Completely absent from the anime, for the game, it's what the entire game is about!

Consequently, Solo is a much more interesting character in the game than he is in the anime.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Solo is much more interesting character for You in game probably because it's "talking head". In anime he isn't very talkative. Only almost at end of story he's a source of informations. Alo in anime we may try understant his story (as well as Orihime but this time that's exclusive only for game). For me in game he was next opponent created only to beat him. But i may be wrong, since i beat only RnR 2 not MMSF 2.

Dengar

It's not just that he talks. It's what drives him and why it is that he works with the bad guys, and why he hates Geo so much. Also, the workings of his Indie barrier.

None of this is explained in the anime. In the anime, he is just there.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
I dont know... Both had pros, both had cons.
Bly is a good exaple. In the game his stuck up, which was a con. But in the anime, he wasn't explored very much, which was a con.
I liked the idea how Misora turned against Rockman in the game, but that virtually went out the window.
I also would have prefered Rockman to fight RaMu at least for a little while in the anime.
But look at the bright side. In the anime, Bly jumps back in the portal to stop RaMu, so if they make a third anime, Bly won't be in it.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Game really is better. It gives more info on Orihime's motives and with Solo, it gives us more info on him too and more showing him. I liked him in the anime just as much though.

Plus, once again, Luna helps Subaru get his full power and helps him take control of the OOPArt while in the anime, he does it all by himself >__> Gotta love how much friendships are just tossed over for things.

Seriously, the anime focused mostly on Subaru with Misora constantly showing up and getting knocked out while the game focused more on Subaru with the rest of the gang and ALL the characters. Game completely wins just for having more character development and not just being fan service.

GSR

That one guy
I'm just going to summarize my big post in the last topic for this as quickly as possible:

The game focuses on the human characters. The anime focuses on either the EM beings (original series) or their hosts (Tribe.) The biggest examples of this would be Cancer and Gori/Rich - almost totally unimportant characters in the game who get promoted to main characters in the anime. Conversely, Luna gets downgraded to a generic fangirl in the anime.

MegaBly101

Some Guy
i like to think the anime had good potential had it not been cut so early.

When it comes to the game, i dunno the storyline is really cheesey, as in too much emphasis on link power despite never been mentioned before hand, theres just no consistency which is something the anime had. Also in the game i found reactions to certain events to be very unrealistic, its a game fair enough and this happens alot but it just seemed more prominent in the game rather than the anime.

I partly blame bad translation when the game ported to a US version, when you watch an anime in eng dub and end sub you will notice alot of dialog changes to suit english western culture rather than that of japan, whether or not that happened in this case i dont know, but i felt every now and again that the game was being really dumbed down, which is ok for the kiddies who play, but not for old school rockman fans.

However the anime despite the bad character development had consistency, and the action scenes were enough to make you forget that the story is missing a couple of holes, but hey at least they had filled in more black spots that the game left open, for example people could see war-rock with the star carriers and other EM forms, in the game it happens at very convenient situations, not only that but how is it that hyde can stand on wave roads in his human form, and why are doors and elevators such a problem in WAVE form, also why did you need a underwater device to go underwater (think about it theres about 5 different questions you can ask in that alone).

Overall id have to say the anime was more enjoyable because at least they explained things well at the sacrifice of the much needed character development.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Meh. The anime started to bore me in the second season, though. Interesting note... in the anime, it looks like Cygnus' host (forgot his name) was the one that was working on making matter waves, rather than having Orihime making it. Wierd.

So although honestly the anime got me into the game, it started to seem like a filler fiesta, so it got old kinda quick. I'm not a big fan of filler eps. I like a good story, not a good delay.

Emi-hime

Role;64648 said:
Meh. The anime started to bore me in the second season, though. Interesting note... in the anime, it looks like Cygnus' host (forgot his name) was the one that was working on making matter waves, rather than having Orihime making it. Wierd.

So although honestly the anime got me into the game, it started to seem like a filler fiesta, so it got old kinda quick. I'm not a big fan of filler eps. I like a good story, not a good delay.

Yeah, it was him. They were also in the process rather than already made and good to go. His name is Utagai/Tom Dubius XD

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
I didn't really mind the fact about consistencies.
I always figured that since the EM beings in SF2 were from Mu they were very developed and therefore even visible to humans.
I never asked about Hyde standing on the wave road, Tsukasa did just the same to watch Cygnus and Rockman duke it out.
If you went into an elevator you'd probably overload it.
That's just my logic however, and everyone knows I have some weird, twisted logic.

Emi-hime

I just really minded the killing of character development. Sure, I loved seeing some minor characters getting a bit more of a role, but seeing other characters get more or less kicked to the curb sucked and with so many people who only watched the anime, they just assume a character is that way which, again, is just frustrating.

Your plot could be golden and be one of the best ever, but without the characters to match, it's just a waste.

Dengar

Also, Kung Foo Kidd wasn't in the anime. >_>

He would've fit in nicely in the ninja story arc.

The thing I hate most is how, with the exception of Hyde and Richie (and Pat, sort of), in the anime it was always the EM being who was the dominant personality. That sucked monkey balls. In the game it's always the human who had the dominant personality.

Also, they completely made Hollow into a robot. >_>