FM aliens names

SpiritBoy

FM aliens names

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the FM life forms names are based on real names in the sky! I noticed it after messing around with google sky.
Is this on purpose?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Ryuusei no Rockman, Rockman of the Shooting Stars, and even Megaman Star Force all have to do with the Stars/Sky.

So of course this is on purpose :p

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yeah, it's all sky-based names. They're kinda cool in that respect.

Dengar

Sky-based? Don't you mean constellations? Isn't it noticeable right off the bat that their names are identical to constellations?

Well, except for War-rock/Omega-Xis. I don't know where the hell they got the first name, as for the second name, I'll allow it, but only because it makes 'Megaman' work.

It's also why I called my fan character "Herakles Blade".

char-cynda

Dengar;10048 said:
Sky-based? Don't you mean constellations? Isn't it noticeable right off the bat that their names are identical to constellations?

Well, except for War-rock/Omega-Xis. I don't know where the hell they got the first name, as for the second name, I'll allow it, but only because it makes 'Megaman' work.

It's also why I called my fan character "Herakles Blade".

It's the same as english, Subaru/Geo ask WarRock "Rock...." and comes up with Rockman (Mega....And Megaman in English)

Anyone know what constellation are crown thunder? i don't know any of it that related to him. And the admins Dragon, where the name come from?

btw Geo->earth and stellar->related to star, Luna-Moon, I Don't know about the relation of other human character name with "star based theme" though. Anyone know about it?

Dengar

Actually, Geo Stelar is a pun on Geostellar. Which is the speed at which an object in orbit travels exactly fast enough to keep up with the earth's rotation.

Human character names are different. They, like the characters from previous games, have names that have something to do with their role. Bud Bison's name has to do with bulls. Detective Copper.. Well, I probably don't even have to explain that. Same with Tom Dubius.

Note that although all these English names seem a little bland, most of them fulfill similar roles as their Japanese counterparts.

miforever

Rokkuman-sama~ ^^;;
Interesting fact (and Possible spoilers):

In greek legend, Cepheus (married to Cassiopeia) was the father of Andromeda. Andromeda was tied to a rock to be fed to a sea-monster as punishmet for her mother's boasting. Might explain why in the game Andromeda looks so much like a giant Octopus...

While nearly all (if not all) FM's and AM's are named after constellations, Andromeda is also the name of a Galaxy, which is the closest spiral galaxy to our own.

Auriga

Crown Thunder refers to either one or both of the "corona" constellations (borealis-"northern" and australis-"southern". That would be northern crown and southern crown respectively).

To be more accurate, all the FM and AM names come from constellations that are between the first 48 that were found in ancient greece (go to wikipedia and type "Ptolemy").

As for andromeda, following the pattern, it most probably refers to the andromeda constellation, not the galaxy.

miforever

Rokkuman-sama~ ^^;;
Dengar;10291 said:
You mean the Kraken, right?

The legend doesn't really specify. Sometimes it mentions a giant sea serpent. The Kraken comes from Scandinavian Legends (think Vikings) anyways, not Greek.

StelarSX

Jack In!
I don't get why they made his name, Geo Stelar and not Geo Stellar, would Geo Stellar have been too obvious or something? I don't get it though, in the EXE series they don't change Netto's last name but here they do, why?

faqcorner

NOTE TO TEACHERS, PRINCIPALS, AND US OFFICIALS :)))

SEE? ANIME (and some games) DOES TEACH PEOPLE STUFF!!!

rofl >_>