Finding a new ISP

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Finding a new ISP

Simply put, my family wants off of Qwest. They're complete and utter assholes, and we are really tired of dealing with their shit.

So, my dear DATSians, can you suggest anyplace that's good for comparing potential new ISPs? My dad doesn't want to go cable, but I'm not sure if there are any other DSL providers in the area.

My Zip Code is 55428, if it's of any help. ^_^

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
You can try WindStream? I dunno if it's up in your area, but it's everywhere down here.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
I have Verizon FiOS and it is insanely fast, very reliable, and very cheap for getting over 15mbps down and over 2mbps up. Also try dslextreme, I've heard a lot of good things about them and they are very cheap. We've also had Verizon DSL and were pretty satisfied with that as well.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Neither WindStream nor Verizon are available here ;_;

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
Scipio;24279 said:
Neither WindStream nor Verizon are available here ;_;

What about dslextreme? I couldn't check because they want an address as well as a zip code.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
They appear to offer it, so I'll have my dad check 'em out :)

GSR

That one guy
We use EarthLink - not the world's best, but a decent price and they're all over the place, so they're probably where you live.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Thank god you're trying to get off Qwest at last! The new comp you go with better be MUCH better!