Favorite Line for Each Generation

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Favorite Line for Each Generation

And if you name a legendary, I WILL bash you. And so will others. Unless you give a VERY good reason as to why they're your favorite. And no, "they're powerful" does not constitute a good reason.

Anywho, there are now 4 generations of pokemon games:

Colors - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
Metallic - Gold, Silver, Crystal
Advanced - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Jewels - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

What is your favorite Evolutionary line for each generation, and why?

I'll start.

Colors: Eevee --> Jolteon
Reason: Back then, I was thinking purely strategy and type. Because of the variety of moves available to Jolteon, it became my favorite. It still holds a special place in my heart today.

Metallic: Oddish --> Gloom --> Bellossom
Reason: By this point, I had stopped thinking only about strategy and type, and instead, more about having fun. And let's face it. Bellossom is CUTE! <3 After I got Bellossom in my party, she really didn't leave.

Advanced: Ralts --> Kirlia --> Gardevoir
Reason: My reason? They're freaking adorable! What's more, they're my favorite type - Psychic type. Though, I was already leaning towards them the first time I saw them, before I knew they were Psychic. Back then, I thought they were grass, given the color scheme. Imagine my surprise when my new favorite was actually my favorite type! XD

Jewels: Ralts --> Kirlia --> Gallade
Reason: Ralts + Swords = WIN! I went ecstatic when my favorite line now got to wield my second-favorite type of weapon. I mean, come on! It's a grown up Ralts with a sword! What's not to like? XD

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Intersting... Now if there were a thread of your favorite Legendaries... xD

RGBY: Eevee > Jolteon
Reason: Jolteon just looks cool. It is also an electric type which is easy to train (surf a lot). It's been my favorite Eeveelution forever.

GSC: Cyndaquil > Quilava > Typhlosion
Reason: I just like Typhlosion for some odd reason. Also it's a decent starter Pokemon. Okay, I just seem to like all the Fire starters (except for Chimchar/Hikozaru).

RSE: Slakoth > Vigoroth > Slaking
Reason: Annoying to train, but worthwhile afterwards.

DPP: Riolu > Lucario
Reason: Very useful Pokemon in battle. Lucario, being a fighting type and steel type, is resistant to a lot of types. It is weak against Fighting, Fire, and Ground, but it's nearly resistant to everything else (only four types with normal effectiveness and immune to poison). It's also quite cool-looking.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Here's mine:

R/B/G/Y = Pikachu =Thunder Stone=> Raichu
Reason = Pikachu is adorable and I love to use it. I won't play any Gen I game without a Pikachu.

G/S/C = Eevee =Happiness (Morning/Day)=>Eifie
Reason = Eevee finally gets to be my favorite type of Pokemon!!! I love the versatility that an Esper Type provides and Eifie is an amazing addition to them.

R/S/E = Ralts =LV20=> Kirlia =LV30=> Saanight
Reason = Ralts is amazing enough for me to love all three (also my favorite Pokemon since I saw it 6 years ago)! RALTS = <3

D/P/Pt = Ralts =LV20=> Kirlia =LV30/Awakening Stone (Male)=> Saanight/Erureido
Reason = Ralts = my favorite of 6 years & Healing Wish + graceful looks (Saanight)/Psycho Cutter + awesome looks (Erureido)

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
R/B/G/Y = Pikachu => Raichu
Reason = Pikachu is so cute and Raichu looks awesome.

G/S/C = Eevee => Umbreon
Reason = Umbreon is awesome looking too, also (for me anyway) it's pretty reliable.

R/S/E = Poochyena => Mightyena
Reason = Reminds me of a wolf, I love Wolves.

D/P/PT = Shinx => Luxio => Luxray
Reason = Electric cat-like-thing = Win. (For me that is...)

Yep, stupid reasons. But hey, I like them.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Can't say much on the later stuff, but here's what I like.

Colors: Eevee => Vaporeon
Reason: I just always loved it. No real reason. Another I really liked was Sandshrew => Sandslash.

Metallic: Nothing comes to mind.

Advanced: Same as above.

Jewels: Eevee => Glacia
Reason: I love ice-types, and when I found out about Eevee, finally having an official ice evo, I was giddy. Yep yep. I also like Muuma => Muumaaji.

StelarSX

Jack In!
Gen I
Snorlax
Awesome thing that has always been awesome. Big and puffy, great moves, and...it's just epic, to me.

Gen II
Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion
Cyndaquil is my favorite starter, and Typhlosion is that much better. I just love the Fire Mouse's evolution line.

Gen III
Nothing~

Gen IV
Bonsly - Sudowoodo
I just love the two. A Rock-type tree is a nice twist in things. =D

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Stelar;78316 said:
Gen IV
Bonsly - Sudowoodo
I just love the two. A Rock-type tree is a nice twist in things. =D
Not when you didn't know it was a "rock-type" and put it against a fire type and lost really bad and didn't know why. :-p

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
SSJ Jup81;79254 said:
Not when you didn't know it was a "rock-type" and put it against a fire type and lost really bad and didn't know why. :-p
You know, most people who don't know it's a Rock Type, think it's a Grass type, and wouldn't do that anyways...

Edit: Huh? I think I was tired when I wrote this post... it doesn't even make sense to ME. Sorry about that.

Runic

Role;79263 said:
You know, most people who don't know it's a Rock Type, think it's a Grass type, and wouldn't do that anyways...
I did. :x
There's nothing wrong in putting a fire-type against a grass type is there?

Edit: Oh you meant the other way around, using a grass type against a fire type. But then, no reason a rock type would be at disadvantage against a fire type.

Colors:
Staryu => Starmie
Not only fast, strong and versatile, it's also unique in that it doesn't even have a face. xD
There's also many good moves it can learn so that I sometimes put two of them in my party.
Besides, in the french dub of the anime they were hilarious. Staryu sounded like a martial artist and Starmie a princess while all they could say was something like "Ha Ha". ( °°)

I like the original Oddish line a lot too. It's just really cute, even Gloom. :D

Metallic:
Eevee => Umbreon
Great looks. Back then I found him kinda weak but I still dragged him around with my party just for the look (well, I did think darkness was really cool).
Then I realized how great his def/spe def were and how that can be put to good use with an according moveset. Since then I can't even imagine evolving eevee into something else.
On the coolness side, Scyther => Scizor beats Umbreon though. But they're a lot less cute.

Advanced:
It would be Tropius. When I first saw it I was like "wtf". It took me a few seconds to figure out what it was supposed to be. I mean it's a fucking giant flying banana tree. Then I got to the pokecenter and ditched the Pelipper I was using as a flyer to put in Tropius just for the sake of having that thing in my team.

Jewels:
Err... I just got my first badge so I can't really tell. There are a few that seems interesting, namely Togekiss, Spiritomb, Lucario, Magireve and a few others I don't remember the name. I won't get them anytime soon though considering how little I play.

david0925

Color- Dratini>Dragonite, Charmander> Charizard

Metallic- Larvitar> Tyranitar

R/S- Bagon> Salamence

D/P- Gible> Garchomp

There's no relationship at all, nope >_>

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Role;79263 said:

Edit: Huh? I think I was tired when I wrote this post... it doesn't even make sense to ME. Sorry about that.
I know this is a late reply, but I meant to say "water type", not fire.