Eragon, The Inheritance Trilogy

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Eragon, The Inheritance Trilogy

So, I know that many of my fellow teammates read this series along with me, but does anyone else follow the adventures of Eragon? :-p

To me, I think it's pretty original in story, minus the fact that they're aiming to destroy the 'bad guy.' I don't understand why people call it a rip-off... I think they just can't get into it like the rest of us. ;D

Anyway, who else is look forward to Book 3? \o/

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
People say he follows the "cliche" of fantasy books. Or that he takes things from other stories. I heard they say Tolkien's LotR for one.

Eragon "Aragorn"
The use of the elvish language or something they say is very similar.

I don't care! I WANNA READ THE THIRD BOOK!

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
I swear, those books were the only thing that kept me sane when I was hurricane-evacuated. We happened to stop by a Barnes and Noble, and I happened to buy both of the books. They gave me a good bit of distraction and allowed me to shut out the other people in our close quarters; we were all crammed in a hotel room and starting to greatly annoy one another.

I think the reason it gets labeled as a rip-off is that it, like countless other stories, uses the basic hero myth found and outlined in Campbell's Hero of a Thousand Faces. ^^;;

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
I can't wait for the third book. i going to get it the first day it comes out like Harry Potter. i love fantasy novels.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Eragon is an awesome book..

Unlike the movie >_< the book had a better view of the story and had a much better explanation... but hey, books always do, no?

Like all of you, as soon as the book comes out, it is the first thing I'm getting... next to Harry Potter of course.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
i really want to see Roran and Eragon get the Ra'zac, and how did Thorn grow to a mature dragon in a short time.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Kewy987;4259 said:
Eragon is an awesome book..

Unlike the movie >_< the book had a better view of the story and had a much better explanation... but hey, books always do, no?

Like all of you, as soon as the book comes out, it is the first thing I'm getting... next to Harry Potter of course.
Dude don't talk about the movie. My friend and I almost spoiled the movie for our friends who didn't read the book cause we thought the movie was horrible. We kept commenting during the whole thing.

I want to see Mortagh be GOOD. I like him.. ;-; Thoughts? Do you think he'll die?

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Who else thought that Roran's fight with Galbatorix's forces was more enjoyable to read than Eragon's journey to Ellesméra? I was hoping Roran would kick their butts so hard when they fought... so many died. T_T

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Every time I read Eldest now I skip over Eragon's parts. The only parts I pay attention to for his stories are in the end when he goes out of Ellesmera and after that festival when he got better.

Roran was so cool... the ending when they meet up was kinda... odd and awkward though. I didn't think they'd act/talk towards each other the way they did.

Akira

People
Those books are good...
Some people say it is like Star Wars: Galabatorix=Emperor Morzan=Vader Eragon=Luke. They are pretty similar.

The Roran bits for me were just as good as the Eragon bits, but none of them touched up to Elva and co. She is the best character by far and I like Angela, the queen (forget name) and Trianna too.

How do you guys pronounce Eragon? I say Eh-ra-gun, yet I'm confused as the movie trailer (havn't seen it) said Eh-rah-gon.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
At the end of the book, the pronunciation guide is "EHR-uh-gahn" which is what I had for him.

If you've watched LotR movies, it's very similar to the way they pronounce "Aragorn" except there isn't that "gorn" sound but the "gahn" sound.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Maybe Roran? Lol, it'll be kept in the "family."

Considering he IS related to Eragon...

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
Maybe but i dont if it would be him mabye some new kid that Eragon picks up at the end and trains him or its an enemy.

Akira

People
Elva would be a cool rider... But that probably isn't going to happen.
I don't think it will be Roran, he doesn't seem like the magic kind of guy. Plus remember that Eragon had two books of training and he still couldn't beat Murtagh, even with (supposedly) Morzan's blood, hows Roran gonna fair? Most likely it will be Arya, because she already has training, it can continue the romance prophecy thing and Arya suits green (in my mind)

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Was Arya not around the other eggs? I don't remember if they mentioned if she was actually around the eggs or not. If she was around the other, that one would've hatched.

GSR

That one guy
Eragon is... eh. I read the first book when I was sick, but I never picked up Eldest because I heard it was terrible. It's a weird thing, I know all the criticisms of the series, I've made quite a few myself, but I still enjoyed the first book a decent amount (with the exception of the traveling scenes, but I hate those in almost any work of fiction). I probably won't pick up Eldest, my interest in the series has waned too much.