Earthquake in the UK

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Earthquake in the UK

There was a 4.7 Earthquake just around 1am this morning, first time i've ever felt one made the house shake. 50 miles east of Sheffield (my home city) which is roughly a lil place called Market Rasen, where i stop when having a loo break when i go away to the East Coast.

Hope i never have to experience anything like that again, so damn tired not slept much.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I've never experienced any earthquakes.

But we own tons of coal and natural gas on our land and they're mining it on the mountain behind us, and we feel tremors from dynamite all the time. Kinda scary when it catches you off guard. Really shakes the place up.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I've experieced a few earthquakes, and they were at at like, 3 in the morning :confused: Why are they always at night?!

There was once where it woke me up, and instead of being scared, I was like 'Oh, cool!'...

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Man, there hasn't been an earthquake of significant force here in Los Angeles in a LONG time. Last one I felt was a tiny shake that lasted about 10 seconds, and like Hagaren Gao said, it was in the middle of the night. Very whack if you're sitting on the toilet at the time :/

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I was asleep ;_;, but then I'm a heavy sleeper so I didn't even wake up.

It woke my mum though.

celestial_sacred

Wow. Earthquake. We don't have any here. But there were aftershocks from neighbouring countries.

The first time I experienced it was on Christmas eve, in the morning around 8am. I was still asleep but woke up after hearing my parents talking so loudly. Glasses were vibrating. But it was for only a while. The second time, I was sleeping again, also in the morning. My sister tried to wake me up. Guess what I told her! "Wake me up when the house collapses.." XD I didn't even realise I said that!

I suppose it wasn't more than a shake you've got there. Glad that you guys are fine. :]

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Once they were blasting rock RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE and the explosion from the dynamite woke me up and almost made me piss my pants. It was like the for the rest of the day too... Guh.

Kaeri

Title for Rent
Well, at least (as of what I heard recently) there wasn't any major signs of damage and the people that we know weren't harmed either, which is good points all around, considering that London and the surrounding areas are quite populated.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
It was more North (Sheffield, Nottingham, Lincs) than South (london is a good while away)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Heh... I remember when family from California came down over here in Texas. They were used to quakes, so those didn't bother them... but the Tornado in the area at the time sure as hell scared them to death. I just stood there laughing my ass off as they cowered in the tub with like twenty blankets. XD

Then again, I'd probably panic in an earthquake, so... C>