DZ On-Air Tracker Removed

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
DZ On-Air Tracker Removed

By request of our host, the tracker has been removed.

We will not be able to put it back up.

Sorry for any problems.

Affected torrents will be rehosted elsewhere as soon as we can.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Think, Ali, think. Why on Earth would they have a problem with a tracker hosting a couple gigs worth of illegal files?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Makoto;72105 said:
Think, Ali, think. Why on Earth would they have a problem with a tracker hosting a couple gigs worth of illegal files?

Who's Ali? Vande?

And they're not illegal everywhere; just in the US and possibly the EU, where it's on the borderline anyway.

Get them up on a different tracker. I think I might be interested in Zoids.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
They're illegal everywhere. We're infringing on copyrights. =_=

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Copyright infringement isn't just US-wide. xD; I'm not too surprised. Torrents are getting to be not-so-very-safe now. I heard some companies are releasing their own torrents to catch people and that people are getting their net cut off for even unlicensed stuff being torrented.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
The illegal download world is going to end. It'll happen eventually anyway.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Makoto;72117 said:
They're illegal everywhere. We're infringing on copyrights. =_=

Then why do you do this in the first place? If you know it's illegal, than why start? You're only getting yourself into trouble. o_o

If you're really of that opinion, then you probably would have shut down a long time ago, considering how principled the lot of us are.

@megumi: It'll happen when these things are legalized. Until then, don't expect it to die down by force anytime soon. It's like trying to stuff a 10-metre-long spring into a 1-metre-long box. It's doable, but it'll spring open again.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;72124 said:
Then why do you do this in the first place? If you know it's illegal, than why start? You're only getting yourself into trouble. o_o

If you're really of that opinion, then you probably would have shut down a long time ago, considering how principled the lot of us are.

@megumi: It'll happen when these things are legalized. Until then, don't expect it to die down by force anytime soon. It's like trying to stuff a 10-metre-long spring into a 1-metre-long box. It's doable, but it'll spring open again.

Also, I was meaning it in a somewhat jokingly way (though it's bound to happen; maybe just not suddenly and/or permanently), playing on "the world is ending" thing.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;72127 said:
Also, I was meaning it in a somewhat jokingly way (though it's bound to happen; maybe just not suddenly and/or permanently), playing on "the world is ending" thing.

And I'm very bad at interpreting sarcasm. :D

Of course it will happen, not suddenly or permanently, as you said, but not completely either. I know for one thing, as soon as I turn 18, it'll be reduced for me drastically.