Dying Question - PLEASE READ

Complex Mind

Sleep Enforcement Officer
Dying Question - PLEASE READ

Hello Everyone,

I've suddenly began watching Digimon Adventures (from Season 1 again, I saw DATS was dubbing it and remembered it was really good), I was perhaps 7 or 8 when it was airing in Canada.

Question: At the end of Digimon Adventures 2, Episode 50, is it confirmed, implied or disproved that Takeru (T.K.) and Hikari (Kari) in the original Japanese version are married?

Thanks for answering,
Complex Mind

> Don't anyone dared get my hopes up -_-

Complex Mind

Of course, you can always assume I did research before I ask people for help.

I read several articles/mailings, I found this compilation:

http://www.digivice.net/s2/future.php

Skip to Japanese Digi-Future, the author says that the dub edited it up (the Digimon dub must the worst dub in history (yes, even worse that Megaman NT Warrior, Season 1 :confused:).

Someone please help who has watched the original Japanese Episode!

Thanks for your replies.

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Complex Mind;109181 said:
Someone please help who has watched the original Japanese Episode!

I watched both versions, with the Japanese version clearer in memory. (I watched it on Funi's stream channel.)

And like I said, it's not confirmed.

(yes, even worse that Megaman NT Warrior, Season 1 :confused:).

Nothing can be worse than NT Warrior, except possibly Star Force with its stupid pacing. (Cramming two of eps into one, breaking one or three-episode arcs.)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
(Ryuusei was initially made to be aired in a 30 minute timeslot, not a 15 minute one. You'll find that for the most part, they pair up well at the beginning)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
According to the the official Meterial, only Ken and Miyako are confirmed to have married each other.
Although some children are rather obvious regarding their parents...
Hikari's and Takeru's are however not among those.

Nexus_Schwarz;109172 said:
From the DigimonWiki, it says that both of them are married, but not necessarily to each other.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan:T.K._&_Kari Here's evidence of the pairing and you can find their individual articles mentioning the epilogue.

I wouldn't trust that Digimon Wiki. Their content is rather questionable. They are basically Wikipedia with another name.

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
MugenSeiRyuu;109309 said:
I wouldn't trust that Digimon Wiki. Their content is rather questionable. They are basically Wikipedia with another name.

I barely look at it myself, I just used it. *shrugs*

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
*Sighs*

The official ending married pairings were Ken x Miyako (who had three children), and Yamato x Sora (who had two).

As nice as it probably would have been, Takeru x Hikari didn't happen...well, no marriage anyway.

The problem with the Wiki thing is that there are too many "dub" hints and hardly anything from the original or either the stuff mentioned, is something that Takeru would do regardless based on his character type (imo, he took the "try to protect Hikari" thing very seriously when entrusted that job from Sora, and he just stuck with it even going into 02), although, the thing mentioned for movie 3 was true in the original, about the picture making Daisuke jealous from the little I do remember.

Complex Mind

*whahaa* *sniffle* They could have just left us with the end of Adventures 2 and the world at peace, but no, they HAD to create an epilogue to confuse everyone and make them yearn! *sob*

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
MugenSeiRyuu;114361 said:
In other words: An Epilogues that does not mention who married who.:D
I guess they figured everyone would just use common sense for that. one.:p

TrippNessa

Honestly, the entire epilogue seemed to be written by someone other than the Digimon story writers. It was very... random. The only OFFICIAL couples, according to the Japanese version, was Yamato x Sora, and Ken x Miyako. Everyone else was married, but they never said who they were married to. However, I have heard from some sources that the writers intended to have Takeru and Hikari marry each other, as well as Koushiro and Mimi, but due to the amount of Digimon couple diversity they chose to only make two couples official. If you're looking for Takeru x Hikari evidence though, this is quite potent in my opinion. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/digimon/images/0/0a/02FinalePoster.jpg Takeru and Hikari are holding hands. This was the last poster made for the Adventure series I believe. Also (IF my memory serves me well) the children that Hikari and Takeru had looked like they could have been from each other. Hikari's child had very blond hair and Takeru's child had kind of a dark blond (mix of brown and blond). However, as previously stated, it was never officially said.

Honestly... I'm so sick of animes that load you with couple hints and then at the LAST MINUTE just mix it all up -_-

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
TrippNessa;119555 said:
Honestly, the entire epilogue seemed to be written by someone other than the Digimon story writers. It was very... random. The only OFFICIAL couples, according to the Japanese version, was Yamato x Sora, and Ken x Miyako. Everyone else was married, but they never said who they were married to. However, I have heard from some sources that the writers intended to have Takeru and Hikari marry each other, as well as Koushiro and Mimi, but due to the amount of Digimon couple diversity they chose to only make two couples official. If you're looking for Takeru x Hikari evidence though, this is quite potent in my opinion. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/digimon/images/0/0a/02FinalePoster.jpg Takeru and Hikari are holding hands. This was the last poster made for the Adventure series I believe. Also (IF my memory serves me well) the children that Hikari and Takeru had looked like they could have been from each other. Hikari's child had very blond hair and Takeru's child had kind of a dark blond (mix of brown and blond). However, as previously stated, it was never officially said.

Honestly... I'm so sick of animes that load you with couple hints and then at the LAST MINUTE just mix it all up -_-

Hikari's kid looked like Hikari (hair color and everything) and Takeru's kid looked like him. IMO, Takeru's kid looked a lot like 02 Takeru, hair color and all. The two didn't marry, their kids don't look like the other.

That aside, I kinda wish that Koushirou x Mimi would've happened. Oh well, no biggie. Still my favorite pairing overall, canon or not. lol