Disney to buy Marvel

Kaeri

Title for Rent
Disney to buy Marvel

Yes, so on in the next Kingdom Hearts, Sora, Roxas and whoever the heck else joins will get to travel to meet Iron Man.

/sarcasm

Anyways, this was unexpected. Doesn't this also put to moot the question of Universal and Disney World now sharing the same characters in their parks? (Not that I've ever seen a Sora character walking around a Disney park but I've not been to a park in many years now)

Anyways, feel free to discuss. (Also figured it'd be a good way to ease back into forum posting again)

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
i feel that disney will corrupt those marvel characters and turn them into_______(fill blanks)...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
I say if it'll make Disney less child-like (or at least making adults feel less childish for liking Disney), it works for me. *shrugs*

That, and if they make Pixar/Marvel movies, they'll be epic. (There is a possibility for that, I've read.)

And it's not like they're merging. Marvel's just getting some help with Disney's excellent advertising among other things.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Nexus_Schwarz;104038 said:
I say if it'll make Disney less child-like (or at least making adults feel less childish for liking Disney), it works for me. *shrugs*

But who do you think will dominate the relationship? The dominant one will be the one whose ideology prevails. That means that Disney might just decide not to become less childlike...

Then again, who knows? Perhaps Marvel will dominate the relationship, or my rule is extremely faulty. But then again, probably not, since Disney is the buyer...

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Zodiac;104062 said:
But who do you think will dominate the relationship? The dominant one will be the one whose ideology prevails. That means that Disney might just decide not to become less childlike...

Then again, who knows? Perhaps Marvel will dominate the relationship, or my rule is extremely faulty. But then again, probably not, since Disney is the buyer...

*reading Disney's wiki* It seems they'll be partners like with Pixar, as they didn't demand Marvel to change. That and Marvel's current management is the same, so I can say that it's essentially the same.

But I guess what I said about Disney being less childlike is moot now. *shrugs*

(And I know wiki isn't truly a reliable source, but it's better than nothing.)