Digimon World Online Announced for the PS3?

amigobro2

Digimon World Online Announced for the PS3?

OK, so Stunt started this thread over at WtW, so I thought I'd start it over here, since no one has already.

Stunt said:
A website called PlayStation 3 Arena has an FAQ page that tells of games announced for the PlayStation 3, check out the "D" section:

D

* Dark RPG (working title) - From Software
* Dark Sector - Digital Extremes *
* Dark RPG - From Software
* Darkness, The - Take Two Interactive/StarBreeze *
* Data-Fly - Origo Gaming Entertainment *
* Def Jam 3: Back To The Streets - EA Games * (Def Jam Icon)
* Derby Stallion (working title) - Enterbrain
* Devil May Cry 4 - Capcom
* Diabolique: License to Sin - Metropolis Soft.
* Dirty Harry (working title) -Warner Bros. IE *
* Driver 5 (working title) - Atari *
* Dynasty Warriors (working title) - Koei
* Digimon World Online - Bandai
* Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Spike

When did I miss this announcement? Anything you guys know about it? Oh, here is the link:

http://www.playstation3arena.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1

I actually searched Google a little more and found it listed on some other different language sites, one is a Pokemon France site, another was a PS3 site, and some Arab site.

And I posted some of MY ideas of how this game should be made over there too, which I guess I'll put over here too, later. :D

amigobro2

You're welcome! :D

And here's my ideas!

This game should be interesting, especially since Namco Bandai recently announced Dragon Ball Online for the Xbox 360. I hope that they will make this Digimon similar to that one, like for instance, it will be set in 'our world' but with characters from all series', players will be able to customize their avatars with a variety of options, including gender, hairstyles, colors, and clothing, etc. and maybe even giving the players the option to start their adventure as a child, allowing their characters to age and grow up into adults as they play the game, like in 02, or even as a Digimon. That would be great! Also, they could put in every single official Digimon to date, and have updates. And players would be able to travel anywhere in the real world (US, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, literally anywhere where humans live) and also in the Digital World (again anywhere there too), group up with other players, and fight evil Human and Digimon alike, and maybe even fight amongst themselves. ;)

If you wanna see the DBO game, to see what I mean, you can find that Namco Bandai could really make a GOOD online Digimon game, if they follow the same format they're going with, with DBO:
Wikipedia-Dragon Ball Online
Official NTL Japanese site
Another (official) site (for Polish click on Poland's flag, for English click on the UK's flag) :cool:

Hopefully they will follow this format...HOPEFULLY!

I wonder how they will go about with this game...

Like if it will be like the Digimon World series before it, or if it will something else. If it will be like a trading card collecting/battling game or if it will be a adventurous one.

I, personally, would like to see them make this game similar to Digimon World (the first one) and Digimon Savers: Another Mission, with the player only having "one" Digimon and raising it, I don't want players to have multiple Digimon, and I really don't think that would be possible anyway because the space and speed of the game would be low and slow. But anyway the game would be better with just one partner Digimon because 1) the game will be very similar to the anime, as each human has only one Digimon partner (with the exception of Willis/Wallace of course, and to a extent Ai and Mako sharing Impmon), 2) it will make the game more challenging and keep players on their feet, plus make it more realistic in a way, 3) it seem 'more' original ;), if you know what I mean, 4) it would give the feel of actually having a Digimon partner, like in the anime, 5) it would make the game similar to the first Digimon World.

Continuing, like I said earlier, it should be set in 'our' Real World, not in any the Digimon Universes from the anime and manga, however, the characters from all the Universes would be in the game, like maybe only in the Digital World or the Real World too. Some of the 'quests' should include searching for the tags & crests of Adventure, the digi-eggs of 02, the Evolution/Blue/Red cards of Tamers, the spirits of Frontier, and the Digimemories of NEXT, and any other items that would be wroth looking for, even new DWO exclusive ones. For the Digivice/device being used by the players, I was thinking of something very different, I was thinking of having a "special" Digivice/device that can switch between and have all the abilities of all the Digivices from the anime, this would allow for the items collected to be used.

As I said earlier the player avatars should be able to be customized with being able to choose being either a Human or Digimon (maybe), the gender, their hairstyles, colors, clothing, etc., also the option to start as a child and grow into adulthood. Now I was thinking either the design of the avatars could be very realistic, as to looking like "real" humans, or in the designs of the anime/manga, or both mixed together. This is difficult to decide because most PS3, and all next gen consoles in general, games have more realistic designs/graphics, ie. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, etc., which do look good.

The players would also be able to travel to the Digital World and Real World via all the possible ways that were shown in the anime/manga, plus more. These ways would be using the gateways in Adventure, computers/laptops to travel through the "Digi-ports" like in 02, going through a Digital Portal like in Tamers, riding Trailmon into the Digital World like in Frontier, Digital Dive from a DATS machine like in Savers, and any other ways.

The gameplay could be like free-style and when roaming or in battle, the player could switch who they control (Human and Digimon), this would be good because when as a Human it would be like DW1 were you only tried to tell what attacks your Digimon could use, while your Digimon using AI fights on his own while you just make sure it stays alive, and when as a Digimon you could carry the Human or when in battle fight on your own, while the Human avatar is using the AI. Also the game could include things like "raids" (which is a type of mission in a online video game where a [very] large number of people combine forces and group up to defeat a [rather difficult] boss), player vs. player, dueling, and players creating teams/groups of their own to travel with. The classes could be like leader, lone wolf, computer whiz, healer, or something like that.

Missions/storylines/events, in the form of expansions and updates, could include things like searching for 'said' item(s), defeating bosses like the Seven Great Demon Lords, Royal Knights, Digimon Sovereigns/Holy Beasts, Olympus Twelve, Devas, Devimon, Myotismon/Vamdemon, Apocalymon, Dark Masters, Diaboromon, to name a few potential bosses...

Well, that's all the ideas I have, for now. :cool:

Yakuza Soul said:
I agree with amigo Bro about it being like digimon world 1. Only one digimon is needed. Basically a Final Fantasy 11 themed digimon game is in order. You walk around like in FF11 only with a digimon following you. It would be awesome if they had multiple continents to travel around. -Cough - file island , Folder Island.

Yeah, that's what I want, I want them to have it so that you can travel the entire Digital World, and possibly the Real World too, if they could fit it in there, lol.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So what are you turning this into a topic about whining that it is for the PS3 ?

You know there is alos one announced for the Wii. Chances are that it is the the same.

DtD

[Z?]
MugenSeiRyuu;6289 said:
You know there is alos one announced for the Wii. Chances are that it is the the same.

Proof please? I heard that they might be working on something for Wii.