Digimon World: Data Squad

amigobro2

Digimon World: Data Squad

Gamespot has updated their Digimon World: Data Squad page with a preview, more screenshots, and a video preview. (You will hear Marcus, Agumon, RizeGreymon, Rosemon, and MachGaogamon's voices! [and Gaomon's if I'm not mistaken])

Also, here's the box cover! Here (from GoC @ WtW)

Hopefully the next preview will let us hear how Yoshino, Thomas, Miki, Megumi, Ikuto, Sampson, Yushima, and the rest of their Digimon sound!

I'll see if I can upload the video on YouTube, MySpace, or somewhere else. :D

PS - I hate how they call Marcus a "Digimon Trainer" instead of a "Digimon Tamer". Another dumb Pokemon reference, but whatever...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ah, they also got it wrong: you don´t collect Digimon.

As for the Cover:
The Data Squad Cover indeed looks a bit odd. And I would say that Yoshino has one black eye, while the other glows evily red. ( Like Tekken´s Kazuya Mishima ) Ofcourse the Rating Sign ( over Yoshino´s lower body ) is placed bad, but I´ve seen worse ( like placing it over Helba´s face on a .Hack Cover ).
Is this just me or does Gaogamon´s head look strange ?
It also seems like the Data Squad Logo replaces the usual Digimon Logo.

Video:
Interesting is that they kept Garurumo´s Tech as Fox Fire, the original name.
Also Rosemon does not sound too bad. It´s actually a Voice I can live with. And she kept her Forbidden Temptation !
Aslo nice that they kept DigiSoul and the Music. And Evolution !

GordoBaggins

YouTube link if ya'll want it

Three cheers for Forbidden Temptation. Another three if they leave her naked-esque in the dub! *shot*

I'm pleased with the voices as well, and the cover has a few odd points (Thomas' hair and Yoshi's eyes), but it could be lighting. Rosemon and MachGaogamon sound great, and so does Marcus. RiseGreymon could be a bit more menacing. I'm curious as to who voiced MachGaogamon, though, since his VA hasen't been released yet...

"I'll show you my special attack!" Gee, Beacock showed no mercy in making Agumon sound a lot like his Takato voice. bahaha

And they left the gun reference in Trident Revolver, which tickled me. xP

AlforceVeedramon

ONLY ONE LINE?!
I'm pleased that Trident Revolver stayed, but if 'Fox Fire' is any indication, the dub may not be the same as the game. Still, I hope so.

I'm loving Marcus' voice (although he says Digisoul CHARGE! really quickly).
Agumon sounds great, but still a little too much like Takato. RiseGreymon (and Shine's growl) sounds really good.
MachGaogamon sounds great too, although I wish we knew who's voicing him.
Rosemon sounds excellent; I think she sounds a bit like Michelle Ruff, though. Anyone else think so?

GordoBaggins

Another quick opinion/note: the attacks in the game tend to reflect a tad of laziness in Bandai, as often they're direct translations. Or hell, maybe they left Fox Fire since Howling Blaster sounds close to MGaogamon's Howling Cannon. Who knows?

I'm also curious about evolution/digivolution. Did they also get lazy and leave the "evolution" text graphics in the game, and make all the voices call it "digivolution" instead? Woulda been nice if they'd put an example of that in the montage somewhere...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
If it is lazyness that the Attacks and stuff like that stay the same, then make Belphemon the Head of the Translation Team !

Scootah

If anyone is watching E3 at the moment on G4, whenever they announced something about Katamari, they would show a digimon game clip accidentally; from what I've seen, it looks like this DW is the game they keep showing.

.. Just a random bit of info.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
I actually played the game at Anime Expo...it's pretty good. And yes, they changed "evolution" to "Digivolution" ..it was fun, except for the fact I kept dying lol.

And if you play Agumon a bit more, he started to sound like the Japanese one somewhat (or it just could be me). Hmm Yes and "Marcus" does say Digisoul Charge too fast...I hope he doesnt in the anime...Im used to the whole emotion in Masaru's "DIGISOUL...CHARGE!"

amigobro2

The official release date for Digimon World: Data Squad is September 18, 2007! Along with Dusk and Dawn! They just finished up the dubbing of the games. :cool:

Namco Bandai themselves released this info.

And it seems as though the "Seven Demon Lords" will be dubbed the "Seven Demon Kings", but this is NOT for certain. :)
Also, the first few prints of all three games will include a sheet of exclusive stickers! (If anyone here LOVES stickers)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I´m not entirely sure, but Seven Demon Kings might be an alternate Translation.

Atleast way better than "7 Wicked Digimon" the Digimon CCG site offered once.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
so they finally settled on the date - and all 3 games released on the same day, seems odd