Digimon World Championship...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Digimon World Championship...

So... Do you like it, or do you hate it? This is just a general chat thread about the game.

Me? I find it boring, actually... Strange mix of original Digimon, Pokemon Ranger, and... something... And overall... I actually want my money back...

Oh, and I've never been so sick of Motimon and Tanemon in my entire life... Ugg...

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
There are quite a few fans who hate it - it is like the V-Pet stuff though so i am thinking of still buying it.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
Is it better or worse than Digimon World (PS)?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
This isn't like Digimon World, is it?

I was thinking this was like Digimon Rumble Arena...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Caeled back again;69025 said:
Is it better or worse than Digimon World (PS)?
Not comparable. It's nothing like them. You don't have control over the digimon at all.

It wouldn't be so bad, though, if it weren't for the whole you-have-to-raise-lots-all-at-once thing...

Cael

Role;69028 said:
Not comparable. It's nothing like them. You don't have control over the digimon at all.

It wouldn't be so bad, though, if it weren't for the whole you-have-to-raise-lots-all-at-once thing...

I'm not really comparing them. I'm just wondering if the game is just plain better than Digimon World because I hated Digimon World and IMO, if the game is better than Digimon World then its worth getting and trying it out.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, then I can't comment on that. Never played the original Digimon World.

guilmon93950

I kinda like it, really, its a lot more like being a real tamer, theres just a few problems with it.
1. Time passes way too fast.
2. Theres too much of an emphasis on collecting a ton of digimon, and little emphasis on thier individuality.
3. The evolution system sucks. it's not because you can't pick what it evolves to, it's just that theres so little control over it. It's not obvious enough how to change their evolution path, I mean I suppose its what contributes to it being more realistic, and alone it wouldn't be that bad, but in combination with the other flaws in the game, it stands out as sucking a whole lot.
4. For having such a sparatic evolution system, its lacking in quantity of digimon.
5. There are too many options and possibilities displayed at once, presenting itself as cluttered and confusing.

Overall, it tries to be fast moving and hyperactive for the child audience, and indepth and intriguing for the older audience, and it ends up jsut pissing both off. But I like it because it's got something that other digimon games lost, a lot of the old charm that digimon used to have, of taking care of the monsters and watching them fight as a bystander. So, I give it a 7 out of 10.

misthero

so practically, this is an Action Game? (Digimon Rumble Arena)?

hmm guess it's downloading it time :|

(Why waste cash on something that might suck? when you can download for free and 'try' the game)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Action? Where? In action games you have at least a little bit of control. In this game, you TRY to raise them (because it's difficult to ACTUALLY do), then watch them fight. With no control, and no explanation on what to do or tips or anything in the manual, which is only as thick as it is due to the fact that half is english, half is french.

Seraphimon-T.K.

<b>Scan Editor</b><br>~Holy Warrior~
I pray for the day for a new Digimon Rumble Arena game...Or a new Digimon World...In curent gen they can make a beautifull digimon game... In bandai games site they have the Digimon (wii) game on their list! I hope it will came up to be a multiplatform Digimon game...

guilmon93950

Seraphimon-T.K.;69257 said:
I pray for the day for a new Digimon Rumble Arena game...Or a new Digimon World...In curent gen they can make a beautifull digimon game... In bandai games site they have the Digimon (wii) game on their list! I hope it will came up to be a multiplatform Digimon game...

Except we all know its just going to be another Digimon World RPG where you have like 3 digimon, and for some reason they can evolve to EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD because you tell them to, and you can reach rediculous levels where a koromon can beat the crap out of a wargreymon. Oh and you equip weapons to your digimon that never show up graphically, and the graphics still have their original weapons in hand.

Lilymon

I'm merely waiting for the day they make a Digimon MMORPG lol, I bought DWC, it was ok, though I disliked the concept of making my Piedmon de-digivolve back to a digiegg >:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
NOOO! GOD FORBID!

Lily, those are words that must NEVER be uttered in the same sentence! Some corporate idiot may be on and think it's a good idea!

You know what happens then, right? The groups working on digimon NEVER MAKE ANOTHER GAME. EVER. AGAIN. Why? They have to keep the MMO running.

Where's my WARCRAFT IV? Where's my KOTOR III? WHY? WHY, YGGDRASIL, WHY? Why that accursed bane of franchises and roleplaying alike known as MMOs? Why?

Play

The New Guy
MMORPG terrible idea, like Role said people get more money in mmorpg's than offline games because of how much money people are willing to spend to improve there characters within there game or to continue playing it's there way to thank us for making them rich.

Cael

>_>; i still like the idea of a MMORPG...along with Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh

and I still havent gotten this game. I think i saw it for like $20 at Target.

D.fulge

Digimon World Championship

Anybody know how on earth you digivolve any of the digimons into there ultimate forms? All i have done is digivolve in to the basic forms

IE: Agumon tranforms into war greymon