Digimon Tamers on Hulu!

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
keyartdigimontamers.jpg

So we did Tamers at one point...

You can now watch Digimon Tamers on Hulu with Japanese audio and English subtitles. A few random episodes are missing at the moment, but I'm sure they'll be up soon. All episodes are now up for viewing.

Digimon Adventure 02 is still streaming on Hulu and FUNimation's video portal as well!

Go watch them now... and maybe we will actually get more streams :D

And just before you come up with some crazy opinions on these subs, they use dub names in the titles of episodes like "Rika in Doubt" and "Gallantmon Appears"... but "Li Jianliang," "Matsuda Takato," "Ruki," "Dukemon," etc are present in the subs. I'm still looking them over to see if they actually use dub names anywhere other than episode titles, but everything seems to be correct. Attacks are all original so far as well, such as "Koyousetsu." They do use "digivolve," but that is Toei's name for it. Terriermon says "Momentai." The English isn't perfect, but only in grammar and spelling. The translation looks a-okay, or from my stand point nothing looks odd. "Damn it!" it used. (updating this info as I browse)

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Hmm... This actually reminds me. I was watching Tamers a while back, but could only find it subbed to a certain point before it was dubs everywhere. I never actually fully watched Tamers o.o;

TO HULU! ^_^

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
When I watched some eps ~1 week ago it did seem that dub terms were used within the episodes as well not just the titles.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
When I watched some eps ~1 week ago it did seem that dub terms were used within the episodes as well not just the titles.
Well you seem to fail then, as they are totally absent outside of Digivolve and I guess the levels, two things Toei has stuck with outside of Japan. 02, however, did have dub terms.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
I personally don't mind the dub terms. From watching Digimon in mixed sub/dub in the past, for the most part I know both sides terms, and will automatically substitute which I like better in my mind as I read the subs.

Either way, I'd rather have typo'd, crappy, mixed capitals (okay, maybe not that <.<), and overall mixed sub and dub every other time a term is brought up than listen to the dub voices anyway. I've only suffered that from inability to find subs in the past. *Goes back to Digimon :3*

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Well you seem to fail then, as they are totally absent outside of Digivolve and I guess the levels, two things Toei has stuck with outside of Japan. 02, however, did have dub terms.
I watched a couple of episodes while not paying much attention the first day the episodes appeared so it was a week ago. I said "seemed" to because that's what it seemed like to me.

Seriously? I never said anything in the post to even show any hint of like or dislike for it, so I don't see where comments jumping me about it come from. All I said was that it seemed to. I never said "What are you talking about? I watched and saw them! They're in there and not just as the titles! This sucks! Not watching." Did I? No. I didn't.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I never singled you out, I just asked a general question, as people are even mentioning the fact that there are dub terms. I kinda don't see the point of even mentioning it. The use of dub terms is proper translation, in my opinion. Koyousetsu means NOTHING to me, so I kinda hate it now when I see that sorta thing.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Yeah, I wasn't really directing my post about dub terms at anyone either. Was just stating my opinion since it was in the topic. Not sure if you thought I was being mean or not, but if you did I apologize Kage.

I actually appreciate you mentioning it before I started noticing it. Even though I mentioned I don't care one way or the other, having it be like "surprise! dub terms" would-a aggravated me a little xD