Digimon on CR

Kaeri

Title for Rent
Digimon on CR

Yep, seems that Toei wants to get out the knowledge that it's been putting out the subs for Zero Two and as such, has been putting at least one (there's only been 1 episode uploaded so far) on Crunchyroll.com

You can see the site that CR decorated for the series here (it seems you don't have to log in to watch it, however that may change). It also gives you a link to "download" the episode, however that'd just a ploy to make you pay $2 for it.

But, if you're crafty, you may be able to get it anyways... :3

But thought I'd let you all know. If the link gets moved or changed, I'll do my best to forward/change it here.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
USA only though again - they blocked it a few moments ago for any place that is outside of USA. If the files get torrented then they somehow know it's yours.

Conan-san

The fact that it's Region exclusive is the whole problem as to why this doesn't work for me.

As a British person in Scotland, oddly enough, I'm not allowed to buy these shows (and that's relay annoying because I would like me some Fist of The North Star) and because fansubing groups (Quite Rightly, don't get me wrong here) stop production to respect the availability of legal subtitled files I can not watch any more.

And this is where the whole venture falls flat on it's face.

I should be able to watch Digimon Zero Two and I have my arms stretched out with all the money Toei can get off me, all they would need is to not be assholes about this.

It's not as if there's some legal minefield to navigate; the rights to most of the shows are a non issue for UK viewing at least (I know Pre-Cure has aired in Germany and some other places and FoTNS is a cult classic in France due to a gag dub so yeah) so to me it comes across as this big middle finger to people who would be willing to pay.

Being frank, I might be annoyed now, but I would have lost it if they uploaded Tamers.

And, as a side on the subject, Media Blasters are idiots, but CR's Region Blocking of thier shows is just another point to that.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Uh hey. So you know, you still have to deal with license holders~

Conan-san

Yes, because I'm sure whoever the hell owns the rights to the TV version of Fist of The North Star in the UK is making serious bank on it and everyone knows how **** owns the rights to Slam Dunk and Pre Cure in the uk and guards the rights to those shows with an iron fist....

And it's not as if Jetix UK has ever admitted to the existance of Digimon after about 2003 (or anything worth a damn that hasn't got "Power Rangers" in it's title but that's nether here nor there).

But yeah, this is still bullcrap from where I'm standing, for at least three quarters of these shows there's absoultely no reason why I Can't legaly see it, as it stands, I'm up the creek without a paddle.

Kinda makes me root for Piracy.