Digimon - Network battles

Masaru Daimon

Yes I've only just arrived and I already decided to start off with a fanfic.

Dunno how you'll like it though. It kinda reminded me of Rockman.exe at first thought.

Here goes:

----------------------------

Chapter 1.

A new saga begins

Part 1.​

*Male voice telling the tale*

As of all things I've ever dreamed of, I never thought I'd actually be the one to save the world like ever... I was all but special, always outstanding at studies, always home at time, playing football, always the same every single day and nothing special even at the weekends. The only thing that actually gave me some fun was the new virtual battle pet, the Digital Monsters, the Digimon.

I've watched all those animes, played and collected all the cards, knew all the digimon by name and analysis, their attacks, their weaknesses, everything, but never had the money, or the courage to buy one. Never ever...

You may ask me what digimon are right now. Well I'll tell you.

So to clear this off, the time date is 2031, and the location is Tokyo Japan. 15 years ago, a computer genius invented a new toy, a virtual pet, and based off from the world popular anime series, he called them Digital Monsters. Monsters, those not only served as personal friend to the owners, but had their own personality, and could do battle against each other on the so called Battle network, which had terminals scattered all around the world.

By today even schools have terminals, but you can now play one on one battles at your home through the control divice, which is called D-cMac. The D-cMac's name is a puzzle word which covers Digital Control Machine, and is used to carry your digimon partner with you.

Yes I consider them living beings, unlike some who only use them as weapons. Some who are obsessed with power, some who...

Well okay, I won't go any further into this, let's just get on with the story ok?

My name's Takaoka Masaru, it's a strange coincidence that I have the same name as one of the main protagonists of Digimon Savers... Cool huh? Well anyway, it all began on my 15th birthday. That was the very first day I actually let myself off a bit and went to have fun with my friends ofwhich one was a girl.

I woke up that morning early, but all by myself, somehow I was so excited, I just couldn't sleep, and was awake at 6 am already. Boy was that a long night :D. When I finally got up I went to the bathroom and started getting ready for the big day. I've had it all planned as always I was gonna be out till 3 pm, than a celebration at our house with my friends, my mom and my sister Youlie (another refference to the anime). not to mention, that my father had died a fw years ago, he was a policeman, but he was shot by a bank robber.

So as I was saying the big day was ahead of me. When I entered the bathroom from my room, I took a look at a picture on my desk at the door. My friends, Ayuki and Kenta were on it along with me. It was an old picture from a summer camp 3 years ago. Strange part is they have a digimon partner as opposed to me...Oh well I can still help them out at any time if they're in trouble.

So I entered the bathroom and went to the sink to wash my face. no matter how short my hair was it was always messy and I looked like Einstein in his better days. My eyes were a bit red because of the few sleep I got last night, but the deep blue colour I've inherited from my dad was still there. I smiled onto my reflection, he smiled back and I started another happy day. This was the first ever day I left our house during the weekend without any clear purpose. My friends were gonna take me somewhere, but it was a surprise.

Within 10 minutes I was ready to go, but almost two more hours were left until the others came, so I got dressed and went to watch tv. I took my favourite red T-Shirt with the white lightning streaks on it, a pair of blue jeans, and my lucky blue socks so that nothingcould turn wrong today. I grabbed my sunglasses and pocket money just in case and sit down in the living room to watch tv.

The news were on. I never used to watch the news, but this time it catched my eye. My mom was also awake and was making breakfast for me. Her long brown hair and her long pink dress wer only to see while she was busy in the kitchen. On rare ocasions she took a look at me while I was not looking, and smiled. She was 42 that year, and she was still like a 20 year old.

- "Yesterday night three more intrusions were spotted along governmental computer systems. A strong virus, carried by digital monster pets has spread about the whole governmental system." - said the bulletin reporter, and 3 digimon were displayed on the screen.

- "But those are Megadramon, Devimon and Flymon" - I thought to myself, while recieving my breakfast. - "What could their owners be upto?"

- "Having thoughts over digimon again?" - mom asked - "You always care so much about these virtual pets."

- "It's because I've always wanted to buy one too." - I said while stuffing my head full - "I never had enough money tobuy one."

- "Well since it's your birthday today..." - mom said, and handed me a handful of money.

- "But mom, I can't accept this!" - I said while trying to deny the kind and loving offer. - "It's all your spare money."

- "You deserve it." - mom said - "not only is it your birthday, but you work so hard for the family to keep us together and alive every day of the week. I think you more than just deserve it."

I couldn't say another thing I was so touched that I almost started crying and with tears in my eyes I accepted it, and gave my mom a strong bear hug.

It was true I worked after school every day of the week. Only my saturdays were free, and I used this for my birthday's advantage. In only half an hour my friends arrived. They were too excited about this day too. Ayuki had a pretty blue dress and a purse with her, and she had blue shoes on in addition to it. She was pretty as always, her long blondhair was in a pony tail, and her big blue eyes were shining in the early morning sunshine. Kenta on the other hand was just as always, black t-shirt with the crest of friendship on it, brown jeans, baseball cap, sunglasses, and jogging shoes in addition to it. They both had their D-cMac's hung on the left hand side of their belt, or in Ayuki's case, her purse. Kenta had a Leomon called Leon (How creative... :8), and Ayuki had a Biyomon called Sally.

I said bye to mom and Youlie, and we left for the great city. We took a train to downtown, and there we went to a smaller street where there was a shop looking little place. The store's insignia said: DATS Equipment Shop. Strange name for a shop I had to say and what I recalled was that DATS was a reference to Digital Accident Tactics Squadron, also called Data Squad in other places. Funny I thought and the more surprised we were that we would enter too.

- "Welcome!" - the salesman said. - "May I be of any help?"

- "Guys what are we doing in a place like this?" - I asked my friends.

- "Getting your birthday present what else?" - Kenta said from behind his medium length black hair that always covered most of his face.

- "You're kidding right?" - I asked barely believing what I heard. "I wanted to surprise myself with a digimon, I never thought you'd want to do the same."

- "Well learn to respect us now ok?" - Ayuki said. She was always like that. a little harsh at others, but she had a heart of gold.

So we entered the desk from which the widest variety of D-cMac's were to find. Icould look around and so many rookie and in-training digimon were there... I could barely decide which one to take. Then I decided to let the digimon choose. I learned form the animes, that you don't choose your partner Digimon, but he/she chooses you.

- "May I ask something?" - I asked the old man standing behind the desk. - "Would it be a problem if I let the digimon choose for me?"

- "Are you crazy?" - Kenta asked. - "Don't tell me you're comming with this madness again!"

- "I don't see any problem with that!" - the salesman said and he started packing the D-cMacs out of the shrine, one after another.

Each was in different colour according to what kind of digimon it was. Holy digimon had pure white ones, dark had black ones, dragon had red, bird had blue, aquan had marine, machine had cyber prints on them... All were very pretty, but the decision was up to them. I laid my hand over each and another, but non reacted.

- "You see" - Kenta said. - "It's no use just pick one and we're done ok?"

- "Come on Kenta!" - Ayuki said. - "This will take a while, so let's battle on the network!"

Yes the store even had a battle network terminal. Prety cool for a hidden place like this one. Kenta and Ayuki got their digimon partners from here as I recalled. So they went battling amongst each other, while I was still searching for the right one. Every single one in the desk were put in front of me, but none wanted to react. The salesman went to the storage to get the stock to try out, while he was there I watched as Kenta got beaten by Ayuki, who digivolved her Biyomon to Birdramon and kicked major butt. But then suddenly the door popped open and a misterious cloaked figure appeared. He was seemingly a tamer too (yes I call people with digimon tamers), and he went to the terminal. He watched the two have a rematch, and when it was done, he challanged both of them on a triple battle, Ayuki and Kenta against him.
Soon the salesman returned, and he brought some boxes containing more D-cMacs and put all out, but non worked.

- "I don't understand this..." - the old man said - "I1ve never seen anyone not being accepted by a digimon."

He started thinking and he suddenly got an idea. He went to the storage again, and bought a platinum box with him back from there. When he opened up, I was surprised to see a red-white D-cMac in it. It was so charmingly nicely designed, totally different from any other. I leaned my hand towards it and it suddenly started glowing in golden light, and the digimon inside awoke to life, it was an Agumon.

- "Incredible!" - the old man said. - "Noone was ever able to unlock this one and you did it. You must be something special kid!"

The agumon opened his eyes and he stared at me. He had those big green eyes, chanelling strength and courage towards me.

- "Are you my tamer?" - he asked all of a sudden.

- "Am I?" - I asked looking at the old salesman

- "You are indeed!" - the old man knodded in a friendly wise.

Suddenly I was stunned by a huge light, and Ayuki and Kenta dropped to their knees with their D-cMacs detached from the terminal. The other tamer beat them destroyingly. I turned away from the desk and rushed to their help.

- "What happened guys?" - I asked while leaned down to Ayuki.

- "He's just too strong..." - She replied as she dropped her D-cMac which had a blank screen, the digimon was deleted. I stood up and stared at the misterious tamer with incredible anger.

- "You're gonna pay for this..." - I mumbled.

To be continued...

Masaru Daimon

Yes I've been warning about that, but I'll be sure to keep some surprises even though it will have similarities.

I'll save the best of stuff for later.

Expect everything to go more interresting in part 2 of the first chapter!

Masaru Daimon

Ok here goes part 2:

---------------------------------

Digimon - Network Battles

Chapter 1.

Part 2.

*Masaru's voice telling the story*

As we catch up to last time's actions, we may still remember that it's my birthday and my friends wanted to get me my first ever partner digimon as a present. Surely nice of them but as always, nothing can go right on a day like this... It just was too perfect to be true... What can I say it wasn't the day of my life from that moment on.

So as I was saying, my friends have lost to a misterious shady figure, who didn't even show his face to us, but beat my two friends with ease and seemingly deleted and absorbed their digimon. That of course is illegal, the software police made a strict security data backupping system for the terminal, so that the main core consciousness could not be deleted, and it would automatically return to the backup files in the D-cMac, but this time something went wrong and the backup data was also deleted. Something must have invaded the security program and cracked the security code, which isn't easy to do, for it's a 200 character random number code, which changes every hour and it would at least take an hour to crack open the security codes, how did that happen then?

Well anyway, my friends got their butts whooped, and that I couldn't afford to let that get onto me, after all they were my best friends and stuff, so I've decided to take my revenge on this stranger.

- "Agumon... !" - I said to my new Digimon partner. - "What would you say for an immediate first battle?"

- "I'm ready when you are!" - Agumon replied.

- "Then let's get him!" - I said and immediately detached the network connection cable from the bottom end of the D-cMac and plug in to the terminal. - "Network plugged! Agumon Log in!"

Agumon immediately materialised in the virtual battlefield. As he took a look around, it was a scary, dark atmosphere surrounding him. He shivered for a second, as the bone chilling cold wind blew into his face.

- "I don't like this at all" - he said. - "I hope we can finish this soon!"

- "Hang in there Agumon!" - I said to him. - "This battle will test both of us! You'll have all my support!"

- "Let's hope that will help a bit!" - Agumon said with a little worry in his voice.

The shady figure suddenly made a move and for a second I could see his eyes. Cold yellow glowing eyes and the iris was like a cat's, long and thin. He smiled diabolically.

- "Welcome to my world of infinite Terror!" - he said as he got ready to plug in - "Network Plugged! PicoDevimon Log In!"

- "What? A PicoDevimon?" - I asked in total shock.

- "Watch out for him!" - Ayuki said as she tried to stand up, but had to sit back down to the feet of the terminal. - "It may look harmless, but he's using illegal data to make it stronger..."

For a second she was still awake then she passed out again. The battle took all of her strength, and both her and Kenta were currently of no help for me. I leaned into my pocket to take out my battlecards, but just then I realised I've left them at home on my desk. I was in big trouble, then if I had no cards to power my Agumon up with, I'd have no chance either way. Sudenly I heard the voice of the old salesman.

- "You kid!" - he shouted at me. - "Catch!"

As I turned around I just had the time to catch the item he threw at me. It was a pack of cards, some from the newest series. I quickly opened up and for my greatest surprise I recieved 15 brand new ultimate rare cards to my collection, and in addition the probably best one's I could've used at that time.

- "Take good care of those!" - the old salesman said. - "They're worth a lot of money!"

- "Thanks!" - I replied.

The stage was ready and the battle was about to begin. Since my opoonent already chose his battlefield type (Dark attribute in advantage >_<), I could only rely on my strategies I've already planned out, and hope he doesn't turn to any illegal measures.

- "Let us begin!" - the shady figure said. - "PicoDevimon Attack!"

PicoDevimon is a Rookie level Evil Digimon with dark attribute and dark attacks. It's only real weakness would have been Holy attacks, which I currently couldn't afford to waste, cause I only had one attribute modifier card in my set. I had to turn to strategical moves.

- "Demi Dart!" - the PicoDevimon attacked with an injector filled with deadly poison.

- "Agumon! Evade and counter with Pepper breath!" - I gave the orders.

Agumon dodged the demi dart with rolling out of the way on the ground, then jumped back again and sent a ball of high heated fire hurling towards the opponent. The attack was succesful and the PicoDevimon dropped to the ground burning. It's HP dropped almost to 0. I was about to win, but then...

- "Hah! You need more than that to win!" - the shady figure shouted and laughed into my face. - "Chrono Data activate! PicoDevimon Evolve now!"

As he said that a strange stream of dark data started flowing towards the half dead PicoDevimon and it extinguished the fire surrounding him, then filled him up with energy, overcharging his HP, and boosting it's powerlevel high enough for an evolution. When the dark sphere that surrounded him cleared off, it evolved to the far more powerful Devimon. Devimon is a Champion level Dark Attribute evil digimon with considerable dark powers, and it's special attack is the Fatal claws, with which he can rip the opponents to shreds.

- "Oh no, it evolved further!" - I coughed at the first sight of this creature.

- "What now?" - Agumon asked, and he was kinda frightened too.

- "I... I..." - I blabbered hopelessly. - "I don't know..."

The opponent actually did turn to illegal measures when turning to the Chrono Data. Chrono data was the kind of data stream that could easily evolve a digimon even further than just champion, but it's usage was very dangerous, then it could easily destroy the digimon it was charged with. I was really in for it. The PicoDevimon was one thing, but no I had to do it with a Devimon, which was far more dangerous, then not to handle without serious care. Suddenly it struck out of nowhere and Agumon could barely dodge it's attack.

- "Hey I need some help here!" - he called out to me, in hopes of waking me up from my shock.

- "Immediately!" - I said as I came to senses and grabbed the first card at my hand. - "Battlecard - Holy Cross Activate!"

Holy cross was a battlecard that could boost the resist to dark attacks for a Digimon for 2 minutes. Agumon Dodged another attack and attacked with Pepper Breath again, dodeged another attack and jumped right up in front of Devimon's face, the two came so close to each other, they could feel the other's breath. Agumon lifted his arms up into the air:

- "Razor Sharp Claws!" - he shouted and hew scratched Devmon's face.

Devimon cried out in pain and took a few stepsd backward to recover from the surprise blow, only to be hit again with a headbutt, and end up lying on the floor. Agumon knocked him down.

- "Nice one Agumon!" - I congratulated my partner and we both thought it would be over.

The system automatically started out counting Devimon to 10. If the count was over, Devimon would've lost and the battle was over. 7... 8... 9... And suddenly Devimon's arm stretched out and grabbed Agumon's neck. It jumped up and pulled agumon towards himself. The poor agumon was helpless, and the Holy cross battlecard's effect timed out. As Devimon lifted Agumon closer to himself, he suddenly blew a cloud of poisoned gas at him, which made him even weaker than he already was. He then tightened his grasp and slammed Agumon to the ground a few times. The more times he did that, the more HP he lost. When it dropped to 1, he threw him further away and let him die in pain.

- "No Agumon!" - I shouted, but it was useless. A few more seconds and the poor agumon would die.

I felt so angry, angrier than ever. Angry because no matter how hard I tried I couldn't save my partner digimon. Angry because I couldn't get my friends' digimon's data back for them. Angry because I knew if I flunk this battle I could lose my new Digimon partner I've just got to know. I was so damn pissed I could've jumped over the terminal and strangle my opponent to death. I was totally pised off to the limit.

- "What... ?" - the shady figure suddenly coughed. - "What is this light?"

He ws right, there was a strange light, but that light was surrounding me. I could feel an unbelievable ammount of energy flowing through my entire body. It was a very warm and calming feeling... I could feel my hope and strength return. I could feel the power return to me, and suddenly Agumon's HP started going up again and he slowly regained consciousness. It was a miracle, he suddenly lifted up into the air and was glowing in that strange orange colored light too.

- "Charge your Digisoul to activate the evolution!" - the salesman shouted out to me. - "This is your chance to win!"

I understood what he meant. I've watched the anime so many times I knew what Digisoul was, but never imagined that it would be like this when it awakens. I pointed the D-cMac at Agumon, put my hand over the top of the device, where the recharger was supposed to be plugged into and the Digisoul was all loaded into it.

- "Digisoul Charge! Evolution activate!" - I shouted and the energy streamed into Agumon and it blasted off in a huge orb of Light, a huge orb of pure digisoul, and when it lifted up, agumon evolved to GeoGreymon.

GeoGreymon is a Champion level, massive and powerful Dragon digimon, with incredible power for his level and attributes. It has two special attacks: Nova Flame and Mega Burst. I did it! I evolved my Agumon with the pure power coming straight from my heart. I grabbed another card from the table.

- "BattleCard - Platinum Saber activate!" - I shouted when activating the card. GeoGreymon's attack strength got doubled and was far more than Devimon's and more than enough to flush it out of the game.

Due to the bright light and the overflowing energy my two friends seemed to have regained their strength again, and they've also regained their consciousness. They both stood up slowly and they were just in time to see the sequel of our battle.

- "This is for you guys!" - I said to them as I grabbed the one card I kept spared till now. - "BattleCard Holy Modifier activate!"

The Holy Modifier battlecard changes allattributes of a digimon to Holy, and the attacks are being taken as Holy attacks too.

- "Mega Burst!" - GeoGreymon shouted and sent a giant energy blast towards Devimon and hurled it into the air. It was nearly beaten. Geogreymon lifted up into the air and finished the battle with the fatal blow. - "Meteor Punch!"

The Meteor Punch was an attack he gained from the Modifier card. He punched Devimon with Holy force. It automatically disintegrated and fell to it's data bits. The backup Data of Leon and Sally appeared from the ashes. GeoGreymon grabbed them and pulled them back to the terminal, where they were both reconnected to their partner's D-cMac,and wer put back to safety as they logged out. GeoGreymon reverted to Agumon and I logged him out too.

- "Arrrgh! This is impossible!" - the shady figure punched the terminal's projector screen. - "How could a beginner tamer awaken such powerful Digisoul and beat me?"

- "You'll have to find that out by yourself." - I said to him, as the sounds of Syrenes were to hear from outside. - "You'll have plenty of time in the Jail!"

- "This wasn't the last time we met Takaoka Masaru!" - He said and backed off into the shades and suddenly wanished in thin air.

The police arrived a little late but they could scare the bad guy off just in time before he would ask for a rematch or anything. Thankfully his partner digimon was destroyed during the battle, but he did save the backup data, so he'll probably be back. Whatever, we'll be waiting. Later on, the friendly old salesman restored the two deleted Digimon from the regained backup data and we could all go home. We went to my house, celbrated my birthday and I thankfully returned mom her spare money. In addition I got a new jacket for my birthday from my uncle who was working in the Digimon development team in Kyoto, who couldn't come to greet me, but sent his best regards and present by mail. We didn't talk about what happened in the shop, but we promissed to eachother to talk in private at Ayuki's house cause her parents are never at home at daytime. I had one more day off, so we put the meeting to the next day.

Meanwhile in a shaded room in an unknown location the shady figure I defeated in battle enters and bows down to the person sitting behind a table having the same looking cloak covering his entire presence. Only his voice tells that he's male.

- "Master! The tamer... He's" - the shady figure tried to explaing himself.

- "No need of explanations Viper!" - the misterious master said. - "I've observed your battle through the observation cameras in the shop. I have to say I'm deeply impressed. I never expected from a young tamer like him to be so talented. It seems our little chosen tamer is the perfect prospect... !"

- "Exactly as you say Master Critter" - Viper said. - "He'll make the perfect weapon if we can get our hands on him and his Digisoul!"

- "Exactly!" - Critter said. - "Send Waspina to test her this time!"

- "Yes Master" - Viper said as he backed off to the shades again, and wanished in thin air.

Master Critter smiled and his thoughts probably circulated around some very nasty plans, which were aimed directly towards me...

To be continued...

Masaru Daimon

Digimon - Network Battles

Chapter 2.

Women's case

*Ayuki tells the story*

That day, that very day was the most inredible day of my life. I've seen something in real life that I thought could only exist in dreams or in our case, Animes. how frustrating it was for the both of us with Kenta that we couldn't stand the weakest of chance towards that... whoever he was... And then Masaru steps in and beats him with hypercharged Digisoul, and a mass powerful Geogreymon, more powerful than I've ever seen any digimon like it... I'm slowly starting to actually believe what Masaru always says about a Digimon and his tamer, the bond of friendship and the power of togetherness... It was so unbelievable for so long time, but I've finally withnessed the power of it. I was now relieved that all is as he used to say, but still I wanted more proof, rather this was only a coincidence or it was as I thought it would be.

So on the very next day we gathered at my place to talk the whole case over. Kenta was like a maniac who had a piece of chocolate in front of him, but wasn't allowed to eat it. He was just holding Masaru's D-cMac in his hand and stared at it like if he was reading a comic, which he used to do a lot even when he was together with us. Masaru on the other hand was a lot more peaceful. He just stared out of my room's window. Our house was quite big, after all my father was politician, and my mother was a famous businesswoman, so we lived at a very high pace all the time and also had to out own personal dream castle on the far eastern edge of the city. That was about 20 miles away from Masaru's house and almost the same distanc from Kenta. Neither of them knew about it just yet. Only today they got to know it. Masaru was staring at the huge green garden at the back of the house, which was right now full of blooming flowers from the finest European gardens, personally bought for this parture of the house's surooundings.

- "So you're saying that you... " - Kenta gasped as he took another deep look at Masaru's D-cMac. - "You actually awakened real digisoul back then?"

- "How many times do I need to repeat myself?" - Masaru asked a little impatiently. He was seemingly a littlew fed up with all the questions. - "It was pure digisoul... the old man told me the so too."

- "And how... How could you awaken it?" - I asked him, cause it was slowly getting me interrested too.

- "Well..." - Masaru said a little embarrased. - "I'm gonna be honest when I say I haven't got the weakest idea just yet... All I could feel was anger, hatred and sorrow for your loss and my factor of uselessness, and suddenly I could feel that incredible power flowing around me... It was incredible..."

- "Yeah you said that already..." - Kenta said as he threw Masaru his D-cMac. - "Anything else?"

- "Well the fact stands that you need an aweful lot of strength to control all that additional power." - Masaru said as he finally sat down on the nearest chair that was almost at the window.

Masaru wasn't sure just yet of how he can awaken the digisoul by will, but he was certain that not only he had that ability. He was on the oppinion that any tamer could easily unlock that power, in one way or another. We agreed that he took his D-cMac to school next day, and we all split. Kenta left first, he had some shopping to do before he went home with the first possible bus. Masaru had some spare time to stay, so we went into the garden to relax a bit. We sat down under a tree and talked about stuff. none of the employees were at home, they had a free weekend. I was in charge of that gigantic house alone so I could do whatever I wnted to.

- "So do you think there will be another attack like that?" - I asked Masaru, who told me about a theory of his, which was that that attack was with purpose.

- "I have a bad feeling that there will be more for sure." - Masaru knodded. - "I just can't think what could come next."

- "Let's hope you're wrong!" - I replied.

After an hour of time he just stood up and got ready to leave. He said a quick goodbye and he left so fast, that when I ran after him to open the door like a good host, he was already gone, and the door was closed firmly. I sighed and returned to my room, to watch tv at least.

On the next morning, we all arrived at school at the same time just as always. I was always like this. Never missed a chance to be with my friends, and always took a bus or tram to get to the other ebnd of the city, just to go to school together with them. My parents always said that wasn't very elegant from me to do, after all, we had 3 Rolls-Royce Limousines parking at the entrance, but I didn't really mind that, I could meet some interresting people, and the more time I spent with my friends, the better my day always was. Though this day promissed some mad surpirses. As we entered the school's courtyard, I could sense someone watching us. The security guard standing at the entrance was fairly strange that morning, unlike any other time, he was staring at us so... manacingly, and he had his cap pulled deep into his face. After that, one of our classmates was late from class. Strangely, she acted very silly that morning, not knowing where her place was in the classroom, nor which class was about to begin. She was very suspicious, so I decided to check on her. After class I followed her and I saw her running up to Masaru.

- "What's she want?" - I thought to myself and followed them for a while.

On a corner I lost sight of them, and when I found them again, for my greatest shock, they were kissing... I wa stotally up and screwed with all the force in the world... I stared at them for about a minute, almost fainting of... well worry... and only after a minute she realized that I was there, she took a manacing look at me, a look I've never seen from her before, and ran away. At first I wanted to follow and question her, but then Masaru collapsed and I had to help him first. He was somewhet in trans... I couldn't wake him up, so I punched him a few times, and suddenly he caught my hand before another punch.

- "Ok, OK, I'm awake already... Geez!" - he yelled. - "What's gotten into you?"

- "I don't know how much you noticed, but I've just woken youup from hypnosis or what... " - I said to him.

It was kinda an embarracing moment, as I was simply sitting on his chest, trying to awaken him. When I realised our positions, I suddenly jumped up, like a spring and backed off from him. He stood up and in a shame he asked for my appologies and he ran home. What happened there on that afternoon, was simply too complicated to explain to myself either... I just couldn't understand what that girl wanted from him, and what happened to Masaru. My thoughts were so messed up that I could barely sleep that night, so the next morning I was totally messy, and even forgot to comb my hair properly... Utterly I was like a Yeti or what... Everyone laughed at me, and after I got to class I realised what happened to me... I quickly ran to the restrrom to fix myself up.

- "Oh man, what a morning." - I thought to myself when I left the restroom.

I suddenly saw Masaru and that girl comming into the building hand in hand... That was why we didn't see him that morning... Kenta and I came to school together, but Masaru's mom said that Masaru left earlier, though he wasn't at school yet. That was what happened then...

- "Masaru! Where do you think you've been this morning?" - I yelled at him, but he just stared at e with empty eyes, and he walked on.

I just recognised the girl he was with. Her name was Yuki Minaori, she was about a year younger than us, but she was in the same class as us. She must've done something to Masaru if he was acting like that. She turned back and smirked evilly. I knew something was wrong.

On that afternoon I was on cleaning in the courtyard. When I got closer to one of the storages I suddenly heard a noise. Something or rather someone kicked the wall from the inside. I opened up the door and for my gretest shock I found Yuki lying in there al tied up, and her mouth was shut with duck tape. I tore the duck tape off and tried to free her of her ropes.

- "What happened to you?" - I asked her.

- "I was coming to school yesterday..." - she said as I freed her of the last rope so that she could stand up to stretch her arms and legs. - "But someone hit me over the head and I awoke here. When I heard someone being in the near I tried to call for help."

- "You did well." - I said to her. - "Let's go to the school, there's an impostor in your place."

We both ran back to the school, but as I opened up the front door, suddenly a huge swarm of wasps attacked us. I could scare them away with the bugspray I had, but as we entered there were evven more inside. I knew something was wrong, cause the wasps lead us to the server room of the school. Strangely they didn't hurt us, but they were there to keep a keen eye on us. The Server room was the only place in the school that had a Battle network terminal. There were plans of putting more up, but the school's funds were insufficient. As we entered, the impostor ws there, having Masaru all tied up, and still under hypnosis.

- "I knew you'd come!" - the impostor said.

- "You're blown! Show us your true self!" - I yelled at her.

- "As yuo like!" - she said and and a swarm of wasps swared down and covered he and when they lifted up, we could see her real face.

It was an elder woman, with clothing similarly colored as the wasps themselves. Her eyes were wickedly evil, and her face expression told it all.

- "You're just like the one who attacked us in the D-Store!" - I said in a shock.

- "Very clever!" - She said to me and pointed at Masaru. - "I bet you came for your little boyfriend here!"

- "He's not my boyfriend!" - I growled at her. - "We're just friends!"

- "Yeah right!" - She smirked at me. - "Your other friend didn't care so much about him... What about you? Why do you care so much about him?"

Yuki was standing behind, me but she didn't understand a thing about what was going on. I turned to her and with a look she knew she should get out of there immediately. When she left, I grabbed my D-cMac and my battlecards from my pocket.

- "Oh, so you want to duke it out for him?" - she asked and laughed at me...

- "If that's the cost to get him back, I'll do it!" - I replied.

I was so damn pissed, that I could just scramble her right there and then. I still calmed down and got ready to log in. I pulled the network plug cable and...

- "Network plugged! Sally Log in!" - I shouted and Sally materialised in the virtual forest in the terminal's virtual battlefield.

- "Very well then!" - my opponent said. - "Network plugged! Kunemon log in!"

It was a kunemon that materialized in the battlefield. Kunemons are rookie level Insect digimon, who can Irradicate and paralyze their opponents with their poisonous webs.

- "Sally, watch out for the poisoned web!" - I instructed her.

- "No worries sis!" - Sally replied. She always called me sis... I never understood why though.

- "I'm counting on you, partner!" - I said before the battle began. I called her partner for the first ever time. It just got stuck in my mind after the last conversation I had with masaru.

The battle began. Sally flew up into the air to gain some advantage, and fiired numerous Magical fire attacks at Kunemon, who evaded most of them, but one got him full contact and it was tossed into the air. Sally struck with claws and struck the Kunemon to the ground, hitting it with all the power she had. The battle was almost over, when the worst thing happened that could've.

- "Chrono Data activate! Avolution now!" - my opponent said and the Kunemon was engulfed in a dark sphere. when the sphere lifted up, a coccoon was left behind, and from it, a Flymon hatched.

- "Oh no, not an evolution!" - I thought, but it was already too late.

I didn't even have time to think of a strategy, the Flymon suddenly began attacking, and struck Sally down, she was unconscious for a second, and the giant wasp Digimon struck with its most powerful attack, the poisoned needles. The needles hit Sally with full power and her HP went down almost to zero. The battle was seemingly over. I was so shocked I could barely talk... I could only look at Sally and at Masaru changing in every second.

- "No! Sally!" - I cried. - "I'm so sorry... If only... If only Masaru was here to help me with some ideas... or spring in to help me in the battle..."

I was totally undone by then... I had absolutely no chance. Suddenly I saw Masaru move... Life slowly returned into him and he looked at me and my opponent. His face expression got agressive, and the air started glowing in orange light around him. He suddenly ripped his ropes apart, and was free again. He knocked my opponent aside and came to my rescue.

- "Ayuki!" - he shouted as he leaned down to me. - "Are you okay?"

- "I will be now." - I wishpered as he helped me stand up again. - "Now that you're here!"

Masaru knodded and in the next second Agumon logged into the battle. I couldn't understand what woke him up again, my call, or the storming battle that may have taken my opponents attention from him, but his Digisoul awakened and gave him enough strength to break free and come to my rescue.

- "Let's do this together!" - He said as he grabbed my hand. - "Together we can beat him!"

- "But sally's beaten..." - I replied. - "You have to fight without me!"

- "Who said I have to?!" - he asked.

Suddely as his hand was gloiwing in that strange light, it might have been transfered to me a bit and I could feel that strange warm feeling, as I let Masaru's hand go, I could feel an incredible energy gathering up in me and suddenly my right hand started glowing in that strange light too... It was violet colored just like the gem in my favourite necklace I wore that day.

- "I can't believe it." - I mumbled. - "Is this it? Is this the digisoul?"

- "Yes." - Masaru replied. - " The purest energy in the whole universe."

- "I don't believe it!" - I thought to myself. - "It's so fantastic..."

- "So are you ready?" - Masaru asked.

I knodded and we both grabbed our D-cMacs and Charged our digisoul into them.

- "Digisoul Charge! Evolution activate!" - We both shouted.

A huge sphere of light and both of our Digimon were evolved. Masaru's Agumon into GeoGreymon, my sally into Birdramon. Way stronger than what I've expected. Many who have succeeded in evolving their Biyomons to champion level said that their Digimon were still very weak.

- "Here, take this and use it!" - Masaru said as he handed me a battlecard of his own.

It was a card called Titanium wings. Especially for Bird Digimon, that could boost the attack power of Sally to double the normal. He had his Titanium Saber and Blazing shield ready, so the battle began only now.

- "Double Battlecard activate!" - Masaru shouted and inserted the cards into the Card slot on his D-cMac. - "Titanium Saber and Blazing Shield Combo!"

Geogreymon's attack and defense strength doubled. Now it was my turn. I had the chance to prove my worthiness to Masaru.

- "Battlecard - Titanium Wings activate!"

As I activated the battlecard, Sally's wings grew to gigantic size and shined in silver light. Her attack power went up from 230 to 460 and now it was enough to wash the Flymon from the battlefield away.

- "Nova Flame!" - GeoGreymon sent a giant fireball towards the flymon damaging it heavily.

- "Meteor Wings!" - Sally atacked from above and and the Flymon was struck to the ground burningn to death.

The Flymon was defeated and deleted, but our opponent could still save the backup data and jumped out of the window to escape. Masaru went to the window to follow her, and I wanted to follow him, but I couldn't go any further than two steps and I collapsed. I was too exhausted from the battle, and I couldn't go any further. Masaru jumped to me and grabbed me from the floor. He let the enemy escape, just to help me. He decided to carry me to the nearby bus stop, and be my escort until I get home safely.

- "Why didn't you catch her?" I asked him as we got off the bus near my house. - "You shouldn't make worries about me."

- "You're my friend Ayuki!" - he said. - "And a friend never lets another friend down remember?"

- "But you carry me on your back, isn't that tiresome?" - I asked him a little embarrased.

- "No, not at all." - he replied. - "Buddy and I are used to this now."

- "You callyour partner digimon buddy?" - I asked and I couldn't stand not to smile at that. - "Why?"

- "I call him Buddy, because he's like a little brother for me." - Masaru said and he smiled too. - "I never had a brother, but I have a sister, and I know how to take care of them."

When we reached my house he put me down at the front door. He was still worried about me, and only left when I ensured him about how well I was by then. Only now I realised how cute he can be when he smiles, or when he's worried about someone, because his face's expressions change all of a sudden, and it makes him more childishly cute. I never thought I'd ever be able to look at him like this.

On that night, while I was still the only owner of the house, I was up late again, thinking about what that woman said about Masaru being my boyfriend... It was somewhat strange. At first I denied it, but on second thought, just thinking of it gave me the goosebumps, but in the good way of meaning. I went to sleep late that night but I had beautiful dreams, and the last word I could remember from the battle was that the woman called herself Waspina.