Digimon handheld...or tamagachi???

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
Digimon handheld...or tamagachi???

I'm sure thousands of you remember back in the late 90's when the birth of handheld gaming came out... the tamagachi handheld device. Another item came out at nearly the same time.... The first digimon handheld game (based on adventure 01) released. Which did you buy, tamagachi or game? ( I'm not talking about the v-pet, I'm talking about the little device you had to shake endlessly for your digimon to "walk" around to defeat different enemy digimon as they came.)

I got a digimon device, since it made no special difference to me. Plus it turned out as an added bonus for me when all of my friends' pets died because they sucked at taking care of them, while mine was close to finishing off the game.:D:D

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
I had one of the original v-pets when they first came out. Then I got the Digivice when it was released (and another v-pet on clearance, since the first got lost somewhere). I like the originals better; the Digivice got a little boring for me but the originals have the added challenge of trying to raise every Digimon in the game, which is a little more involved than the Digivice was.

MirageDukemon

me and my brothers got a different color of all the digivices. Mine were always the red ones 'cause i'm obsessed with the color :rolleyes:

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I got a tamagachi before anybody had heard of digimon (well, perhaps those with internet and if Youtube etc was around then) but later I got one of the digivices (blue I think).

Holy Dragon

i got normal original tamagotchi aswel as the digimon v-pet(it looks sort of like a small wall lol) n also the digivice, i personally think the digivice wasnt that gd cos it got kinda borin after a while as i was very sameie lol,

DtD

[Z?]
I got a Tamagotchi and a few other Tama ripoffs about 4 months before my dad died in 1998, and then 1999 I got a Digimon V-Pet v1....it died and I threw it against the wall ;P It broke because of that, but umm...then I got a Digivice and it drove my mom crazy with the "Click-click-click"...then I got a D-3, and it also drove her crazy. Now I lost my D-3, but I have my Digivice. The Digivices bore me now though, I like the V-Pets a lot more.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I got the yellow digital Pikachu from Pokemon first.. after that the season 2, 3 & 4 digivices >_>

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
DtD;4976 said:
then I got a Digivice and it drove my mom crazy with the "Click-click-click"...then I got a D-3, and it also drove her crazy. Now I lost my D-3

Could your mom have been responsible for that?

Solidus G

DtD;5335 said:
No ;P I lost it when it was in a box of my old Digimon Cards when we moved

Wtf I didn't know you were here lol

Anyways, I loved my handheld I had before. It died when I was in France though :/

WarOmnimon

Rockin' Reinbotchi
I ended up buying both, when they were released. And I still buy the US releases of both Tamagotchi and Digimon, even though both lines' Japanese releases are far superior. I sometimes (Read - Most of the time) import Japanese Digivices, and have also imported a Japan only Tamagotchi School.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
Tcatomon;5164 said:
I got the yellow digital Pikachu from Pokemon
lol i had that too but as soon as i bought it the color one came out a couple of days later. you know the one that could connect with the game i think and other color ones.

Devkyu

Wha...?
I wanted a digimon so much... it looked BAD ASS, but I already had a Giga Pet... and if I remember right, mom didn't want to deal with any more beeping, shrieking little virtual creatures that she had to feed while I was at school because they were banned.

I remember seeing it by the register at Family Toy Warehouse. It looked so cool... but I was never able to obtain one.

Holy Dragon

i got normal original tamagotchi aswel as the digimon v-pet(it looks sort of like a small wall lol) n also the digivice, i personally think the digivice wasnt that gd cos it got kinda borin after a while as i was very sameie lol,

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Ouch. The Giga Pets were, in my opinion, the worst of the three "major" brands of v-pets (Tamagotchi, Nano Pets, and the Giga Pets) from that time. >.<;; The Digimon pets are just more fun.

DtD

[Z?]
I got a Tamagotchi and a few other Tama ripoffs about 4 months before my dad died in 1998, and then 1999 I got a Digimon V-Pet v1....it died and I threw it against the wall ;P It broke because of that, but umm...then I got a Digivice and it drove my mom crazy with the "Click-click-click"...then I got a D-3, and it also drove her crazy. Now I lost my D-3, but I have my Digivice. The Digivices bore me now though, I like the V-Pets a lot more.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I got the yellow digital Pikachu from Pokemon first.. after that the season 2, 3 & 4 digivices >_>

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
DtD;4976 said:
then I got a Digivice and it drove my mom crazy with the "Click-click-click"...then I got a D-3, and it also drove her crazy. Now I lost my D-3

Could your mom have been responsible for that?

Solidus G

DtD;5335 said:
No ;P I lost it when it was in a box of my old Digimon Cards when we moved

Wtf I didn't know you were here lol

Anyways, I loved my handheld I had before. It died when I was in France though :/

WarOmnimon

Rockin' Reinbotchi
I ended up buying both, when they were released. And I still buy the US releases of both Tamagotchi and Digimon, even though both lines' Japanese releases are far superior. I sometimes (Read - Most of the time) import Japanese Digivices, and have also imported a Japan only Tamagotchi School.