Digimon 5 squared

Timewitch

Digimon 5 squared

DIGIMON 5 SQUARED

(25 years after Digimon Zero Two)
By Timewitch
1st part: Flaire

Disclaimer: I don’t own Digimon.
Author's note: Colored parts are narration by the author, normal parts are narration by the main character.

1. Summary
Flaire Pridemon: a Digimon who has abilities that the DigiDestined have. A few years after Zero Two, she reveals the existence of DigiWorld to humans. Because of this, Azulongmon sends Flaire away from DigiWorld.
25 years after Zero Two, a new menace casts its shadow on DigiWorld. Azulongmon gives Flaire a chance. If she discovers what causes DigiWorld’s problems, Azulongmon may let her return to DigiWorld. Will she succeed?

2. Contents
1. Summary
2. Contents
3. Like good old times…
4. The great meeting
5. Youngsters and elders in action
6. Flaire’s old enemy
7. A very strange awakening
8. Vocabulary
9. A message by the author

3. Like good old times…
“Master Devimon, master Myotismon, what are we supposed to do? This stuff is extremely slow, because of Pridemon’s White Towers”, said Digimon Emperor. He half-closed his dark blue eyes. His eyebrows met and he bit his lips. He pulled a piece of his straight, unruly black hair and started to twist it nervously. Although he had the appearance of a twelve-year-old boy he was neither human nor Digimon. “If I get my hands on her…”, he whispered. What Digimon Emperor didn’t know was that Flaire Pridemon was hardly responsible for what he had suffered in 2002. The fault was mostly mine. However, that’s another story and we’ll tell it another time.
“Don’t worry, kid. Our enemies are stupid. They are sure that nothing can harm them, but they are wrong”, said Myotismon.
“They’ll get quite shocked, won’t they? And when DigiWorld becomes ours… Goodbye, Azulongmon, goodbye, DigiDestined…”, said Devimon.
“Goodbye, Flaire Pridemon!” Digimon Emperor said smiling complacently.
During that time, Flaire was sleeping. Her sleep was troubled. At some moment, she moaned, as if she was having a nightmare.
Despite her being a Digimon, someone could easily mistake her for a normal, twelve-year-old girl. Her hair, straight like a sword, was reaching her shoulders. It was chestnut, in the tone of milk chocolate. Her eyes had about the same color with her hair. She was pale and very thin, but sleep didn’t make her look less tired. As for eating, since she and I became separate creatures, Flaire took a divorce from food.
Nevertheless, Floramon didn’t have the same point of view. I forgot to mention that Flaire, apart from being a Digimon she is a DigiDestined. You’ll know how and why when it’s time. Of course, you can look it up in the glossary at the back of the book. However, Floramon is Flaire’s Digital Partner.
The same moment Digimon Emperor was smiling, the same moment Flaire moaned in her sleep, this very moment Floramon was doing a nightly (in fact, morning) attack on the fridge.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Floramon closed the fridge, went to the door and half-opened it. Her good-natured little face glowed with joy.

“Flaire! Little monster, wake up! Wake up, you’ve got visitors!” Floramon shouted happily throwing a pillow on me.
“Leave me alone, Floramon! I want to sleep!” I said and sat up. “What time is it?” I asked looking for the clock.
“It’s five o’ clock in the morning. Hurry, wake up!”
“Who on earth is coming to visit us at a time like this? However, whoever they are, they did well interrupting my sleep, because I was having a terrible nightmare”, I said and woke up.
“We’ll discuss what you saw later. They had a very long journey for coming here”.
“Who did?” I asked.
“Come and see!” Floramon answered.
I took my digivice and got dressed. Then, I went to the living room. I couldn’t believe my eyes.
“Kari, Tailmon! I haven’t seen you for ages!”
“Do you know I missed you, little monster?” said Tailmon embracing me.
“Only I call her "little monster"!” said Floramon.
“As you wish”, said Tailmon.
“Kari, why did you come? Of course, not only because Tailmon missed me”, I said seriously.
“DigiWorld is being changed by an atmosphere-changing vault”, said Kari.
“What’s this?” Floramon asked.
“I was about to ask the same question”, I said.
“It’s hard to explain. Izzy named it like that. It looks like a huge, silver bubble made of glass. It has covered half DigiWorld. We believe that it is deforming it. Worst of all, we can’t pass through it”, said Kari. “Davis tried, but…”
“He was knocked down”, said Tailmon.
“Tailmon and I came because of the vault. The rest of the DigiDestined phoned me and we decided to meet. Can you inform the rest of the DigiDestined and Digimon of your team? By the way, tell the DigiDestined to bring along their children. Azulongmon said that if they come, they will become DigiDestined”, said Kari.
“Are you joking? That’s wonderful! Flaire, we are coming back home!” Floramon cried.
“I didn’t get it, Floramon. What do you mean?” I told her.
“Don’t you understand? Now, Azulongmon needs our help. He is going to ask us return to DigiWorld”, Floramon explained.
“Let’s fight for DigiWorld!” said Tailmon.
“Like old good times. I hope we won’t lose any friends this time”, said Kari.
“Kari, we have to go. Flaire, Floramon, see you at the meeting”, said Tailmon.
“When and where?” asked Floramon.
“The meeting is going to take place in one month, near Digitamamon’s restaurant, by the lake”, said Tailmon.
“I’ll inform the others”, I answered.
“Purr-fect. Try not to be rude to Azulongmon. We know he’s sent you away, but he had a serious reason for doing it”, said Tailmon.
“Nonsense. I believe that Flaire did well to reveal the existence of Digimon to human beings. Azulongmon was wrong to punish her”, Kari said.
“Thanks, Kari”, I said.
“Don’t thank me, I speak the truth. I wish the other DigiDestined could understand what you sacrificed in order to stop people from laughing at Digimon”, said Kari.
“Are you trying to tell me that they approve of my punishment?” I asked.
“No, but they think what you did was thoughtless”, Kari answered.
“Nonsense, I had thought a lot about it before doing it”, I said.
“Flaire, Floramon, Kari and I have to leave…” said Tailmon.
“OK. See you!” I said.
“Good-bye, Flaire!” Tailmon answered.
“Bye, Floramon, bye, Flaire!” said Kari, while she and Tailmon disappeared in the shining of her digivice.

Magna

Coloured posts make my brain hurt, and are distracting.
*edits*
Try to avoid using anything but black as much as you can, it really helps ^^

Timewitch

Oh, sorry. I had the colored parts so that people would undestand that those parts aren't narrated by the main character, but by someone else. Do you mind if I put it in green, since it's less tiring than red?
Anyways, here's a new chappie:

4. The great meeting
“Wake up, Floramon, wake up! Come on, we’ve to go to the meeting!” I said nudging Floramon to wake her up.
“What, where, when, how! Oh, is it you, little monster?” she said almost in her sleep.
“It’s me, Floramon. Come on, wake up. Today is the great day!”
“Never mind. We can go tomorrow”, Floramon said playfully.
“Are you crazy?” I screamed.
“I’m joking! Let’s go!” she said and jumped up.
“It’s a good thing I have you. If I had stayed at the real world alone for all these years, I would have lost my mind”, I said looking at her tenderly.
“Oh, little monster… Well, do you know something? Even if you hadn’t revealed the existence of Digimon to human beings, you would have had to stay at the real world, because you wouldn’t be able to divide from Eleftheria”.
“Is this what you think? That I would be incapable of getting rid of that mad witch?” I said.
“Mad or not, she is frightfully lucky. Besides, don’t forget that she shared her existence itself with you”, said Floramon.
“There also is something else I would like to tell you”.
“What is it, little monster?”
“For some reason, I feel that Azulongmon didn’t send me away from DigiWorld because I told people that Digimon exist, but because of something I don’t know. I feel that my division from Eleftheria has some link with Azulongmon’s efforts to keep me away from DigiWorld”
“I suggest you forget all these things for a while and enjoy the opportunity which has happened us to have to go to DigiWorld again, Flaire. At any rate, there is no reason to bother our minds. Azulongmon and the others may assign us a mission. Is there anything you would like to take with you?”
“I don’t think so. I’ll undo everything I have made of the White Rings and then we can go. For good I hope. I hope I’ll never come back to this place again. It’s not bad, but I feel like a prisoner here. I wish Azulongmon changed his mind and let me live in DigiWorld for the rest of my life”, I sighed.
“What an irony, though! Your prison is the whole human world, but it’s still a prison”, Floramon said sadly.
“Indeed”, I murmured absent-minded. I was thinking about DigiWorld.
“Oh, little monster, be careful not to watch your reflection at the bathroom mirror!” Floramon reminded me.
I smiled wearily. Every time I looked at the mirror, I felt a strange pain. I sighed. Then, I undid anything made of White Rings at the house.
“Shall we set out?” said Floramon.
“Yes! Let’s go to the computer and open the Digi Port at the shore of the lake near Digitamamon’s restaurant”, I said.
“I wonder how the rest of the team is getting there”, Floramon wondered.
“I don’t care. We have warned them. I’m opening the DigiPort. Come on, Floramon!”
“Hello, everybody!” Floramon and I said.
“Hi, Flaire, hi, Floramon! You decided to come, at last!” said Davis.
“Indeed, you idiot! Did you think that you would get rid of us so easily?” I said aggressively.
“That’s Flaire. Always sweet and polite”, said Sora.
“Flaire, you haven’t grown at all”, said Yolei exclaimed.
“Hello, you foolish human being, I’m a Digimon. That’s my appearance; the appearance of a twelve-year-old child, and it’s not about to change”, I said.
“Sorry, I talked nonsense”, said Yolei.
“This was neither the first, nor the last time you talked nonsense, Yolei”, I answered.
“Flaire, be careful not to bite your tongue, because you would be poisoned”, said Michalis.
“You would like me to, wouldn’t you?” I answered.
“Flaire, nasty Flaire!” said Floramon and smiled at me.
“I think that Azulongmon and Gennai are coming any time now”, said Izzy.
“Till that, why don’t we go to Digitamamon’ s restaurant to eat something? I’m hungry!” said Veemon.
“Again? Always thinking with your stomach”, Davis told his Digital Partner.
“That’s natural: Veemon can’t think with his brain, because he has no brain”, I said.
“You’re awful”, said Veemon offended.
“I think we should go, but we have to pay Digitamamon in digidollars”, said Joe.
“Ha, ha!” laughed everybody.
“No, you don’t have to. I can make many provisions of a White Ring, so you won’t have to pay”, I said.
“Shall we go now? I am hungry!” said Veemon.
“Let’s go!”
“Look there! Gennai and Azulongmon are coming!” said Izzy.
“Let’s go out!” said Tai.
We went out followed by the DigiDestined’s sons and daughters.
“Hey! You forgot to pay!” shouted Digitamamon.
“We didn't! Here you are! These provisions are going to last for a long time,” I said making them of the White Ring.
“Yes, but… you haven’t eaten at all. Why did you pay?” asked Digitamamon.
“Because I can make whatever I want using only a White Ring and a piece of hair. Your provisions were very easy for me to make, but they are going to be useful for you”, I answered.
“Yes, but why didn't you eat?” asked Digitamamon.
“Now you are being indiscreet. Nevertheless, I can tell you the reason. I have spent most of my life in the real world, so I hate human beings’ food. That’s why I eat only digital dust, which I make of the White Rings. So, I’m not used to eating normal food”, I answered.
“Oh, I remember. I have heard of your story. Azulongmon has sent you away from DigiWorld, because you told human beings…”
“That the Digimon and DigiWorld exist. And Azulongmon, instead of thanking me for the favour I did him, sent me away! Sometimes, I wonder why he is one of the Harmonious Ones”, I said with resentment.
“Hey, Flaire, come on!” Floramon said loudly and moved her (let’s call it a) hand.
“Bye, Digitamamon!” I told him.
“Good-bye! Good luck! If you ever come to live in DigiWorld, my restaurant is here to help you get used to normal food!” Digitamamon told me.
“I’ll keep that in mind. If I don’t survive, nice to meet you, Digitamamon!”
“Nice to meet you too, Flaire Pridemon!”

Timewitch

5. Youngsters and elders in action
“I welcome the new DigiDestined”, Azulongmon said kindly.
“Take care of them, Azulongmon”, said Tai.
“Leave it on us!” said some small Digimon who were on Azulongmon’s back.
“At last, you little imps, will you get off my back?” Azulongmon said laughing.
“Oh, they are so cute!” said Izzy’s daughter.
“New DigiDestined, be nice to your Digital Partners. As for you, old DigiDestined, I have a gift for you”, said Azulongmon.
Suddenly, the old DigiDestined started to shine and…
“Oh, look! We are children again!” Tai shouted.
“Azulongmon thought that it would be unfair if only Flaire was like the old times, so, when you are at DigiWorld, you are going to be as you were when you had your adventure”, said Gennai.
“Yes, but Kari and I are like we were at our second adventure. Why?” asked TK.
“Because your second adventure’s part was more important than your first’s”, Gennai answered.
“Now, you also have your old personality”, said Azulongmon.
“What a pity! I was so pleased when Tai started behaving maturely… Now he is going to be a moron again”, nagged Agumon.
“Ha! However, I think I like being a moron like old times”, said Tai.
“All these things are very pleasant, but what shall we do with the atmosphere-changing vault?” asked Cody.
“You always like to land us by crash, don’t you, Cody?” said Armadilomon.
“By crash or not, Cody is right”, said Matt.
“Listen: At first we have to investigate what’s happening. In my opinion, we should send through the atmosphere changing vault a team to explore the place and, if possible, destroy our enemies’ plans”, said Azulongmon.
“May I go?” I said.
“Okay”, said Azulongmon after a small pause.
“Alone?”
“You can choose some people and Digimon to follow you. In fact, if you prove yourself trustworthy enough, I’ll let you live in DigiWorld when the coast is clear”, said Azulongmon.
“Thank you, Azulongmon”, I answered.
"I hope you’ll forgive me. It’s just that you are dangerous for DigiWorld", thought Azulongmon.
"That’s strange. Azulongmon didn't speak, though I heard him telling me something", I thought.
“Choose”, Azulongmon repeated.
“Well, I would like to take along…”
“Me, of course, little monster”, Floramon told me.
“Yes, Floramon. And Ghlykeria, her Biyomon, Eleni, Renamon, Sora, Biyomon, Kari, Tailmon, Thespina and Piximon”, I said.
“Aren’t you going to take any boys?” asked Padelis.
“No, because I’ll get bored if I have to make two tents whenever it’s bedtime”, I answered.
“It’s not fair”, Davis nagged.
“I'll tell you what is not fair. It’s not fair that there are always more boys than girls in the teams of the DigiDestined. It’s high time the girls have an important part”, I answered.
“Now, let’s make a plan”, said Izzy.
“Our major problem is what we do with our jobs. Children are in Christmas holidays now, but what about us?” said Sora.
“I can arrange that”, I said. I took a White Ring from my back and I transformed it in an item. “I have called it fortifier. It can be activated by pressing this button”, I showed them, “and, when it is activated, any other world’s time is stopped. Which means that you will return to the real world the moment you left. Also, as long as the fortifier is active, no one can enter or get out of DigiWorld. So, if the atmosphere-changing vault is created by our enemies, they won’t be able to enter the real world”, I explained.
“And who’ll take care of the fortifier?” Ghlykeria asked.
“Not I”, I said. “I may lose it during the mission”.
“Let’s vote”, said TK. “I vote Tai takes it, who was the first leader”.
“Good idea” the DigiDestined agreed.
“I don’t want it”, Tai protested.
“Hey! I worked it out!” said Yolei. “Cody can take it. Or Joe. They both have the crest of reliability one way or another”.
“Forget it”, said Cody.
“Giving the fortifier to Joe isn’t the wisest thing. Joe loses everything, even his glasses”, said Gomamon.
“Well, you must know something more than we do. You are his Digital Partner”, said Davis. “That’s why I’m taking the fortifier”.
“NO!” said all the DigiDestined together.
“Thank you very much”, Davis said offended.
“Stop, at last!” said Matt. “Is it OK if I take it?”
“E…”
“Okay”, the DigiDestined agreed.
“However, we need to have a base”, said Cody.
“You can use my house as a base. It is near DigiWorld’s Colosseum” , I said.
“I remember it. We used to stay at the house’s library for hours”, Mimi said nostalgically.
“It is exactly what we need”, said Izzy.
“And it has that lovely box which makes candies and chocolate”, said Veemon.
“Yes, it was your favourite place. You used to stay near to the box and eat. You should keep in mind, though, that I made it only for special occasions”, I said.
“So, our base is arranged. New DigiDestined, you’ll protect the normal part of DigiWorld”, said Azulongmon.
“Does anybody know which is the shorter way to go to the atmosphere-changing vault?” I asked.
“I do”, said Tentomon.
“Hey, wait a minute! Are we going to go through that sick thing?” Eleni asked alarmed.
“Do you now any other way?” I said.
“We have no choice”, said Tailmon.
“Let’s go, guys”, said Tentomon.
“Tentomon, if you agree, I can make a device that is going to tele-transport us where we want. Then, it will bring you here. After that, it will disappear”, I said.
“That’s a very good idea”, Tentomon answered.
“Hey, don’t forget to warn us with the D-terminal if you find anything or need anything!” said Izzy.
I made the device of a White Ring and it brought us were we asked to.
“Here you are. I’m leaving. Good luck”, said Tentomon.
“Thank you”, I answered.
Tentomon went into the tele-transport device, which disappeared immediately.
“It’s time to face what’s to be done”, I said putting my hand on the huge atmosphere-changing vault, which covered everything in front of us.

Timewitch

6. Flaire’s old enemy
“She is looking for trouble”, said Myotismon.
“So, why don’t we give her what she wants? If she wants to know what’s happening, let’s tell her. To be precise, my new invention will do that”, said Digimon Emperor.
“What is your new invention, kid?” asked Devimon.
“It’s a robot. May I summon it?” said Digimon Emperor.
“Sure”, said Myotismon.
Digimon Emperor pressed a button and a duck-like robot stood in front of him. The robot had rectangle eyes made of glass, which were flashing. Digimon Emperor loaded the robot with a laptop.
“It is strange”, said Digimon Emperor.
“What?” said Devimon.
“It’s about the DigiDestined who are with her. They should be much older”, said Digimon Emperor.
“What will you do, Digimon Emperor?” asked DemiDevimon while bringing wine to Myotismon.
“DemiDevimon, you’re just a useless servant. Stop asking the boy and get out!” Myotismon said fiercely.
“Excuse me, Master Myotismon, but, if I am that useless, why did you tell Digimon Emperor to bring me back in life by using the dark wand?” asked DemiDevimon.
“Because I need some servants who don’t wear any Dark Ring or Spiral, but still obey me. Even a useless one like you”.
"Perhaps I won’t obey you forever", thought DemiDevimon.
“I heard that”, said Myotismon.
“What did you hear, Master Myotismon?” DemiDevimon said trembling in fear.
“Your thought, idiot!” said Myotismon.
"Uh-oh!" DemiDevimon thought.
“I’m not afraid of you, DemiDevimon. Although you are treacherous, you’re just a coward. Though you would like to, you don’t have the guts to betray me. Now, beat it, before I get angry”, said Myotismon.
“I’m leaving, I’m leaving!” DemiDevimon said flapping his wings as fast as he could.
“Take this laptop to Pridemon. I’ll talk to her”, said Digimon Emperor to the robot pressing some buttons to make it follow his instructions.

I thumped the glass-silver-colored vault. “Sorry, I can’t break it”, I said turning to the others and leaning my back on the vault.
“Shall we evolve and try to break it together?” Biyomon said.
“I don’t think it can work. I was thinking of making a tele-transform device, but I sense that it won’t work either”, I said.
“We can’t cancel our plans! We can’t give up so early! The whole DigiWorld relies on us!” said Tailmon.
“Damn! Azulongmon assigned me this mission because he knew I would fail!” I said stomping my foot on the ground.
“If so, let’s fail his expectations, little monster!” said Floramon.
“Oh, Floramon what could I do without you?” I said smiling.
“Flaire, why don’t you ask for help?” said Floramon.
“From who?” I said intrigued.
“From Rika”, she answered.
“Floramon, what you are saying doesn’t make sense. Rika doesn’t even exist”, I said.
“Yes, but you can bring her here by using your digivice.”
“So? Why should I do this?”
“The fortifier won’t affect on her, exactly because she doesn’t exist”.
“That’s not the point. What on earth are we supposed to do with this awful thing, Floramon?” I said pointing at the atmosphere-changing vault.
“I believe we should wait.”
“What?” I said surprised.
“This atmosphere-changing vault is created by our enemies, right? They’ll probably send someone or something to find why we are here. We just have to wait. Till that, why don’t you summon Rika? Just for having an extra member in our team”, said Floramon calmly.
“Okay, okay! I’ll call her”.
I took my digivice and asked it to bring Rika and Renamon, her Digital Partner.
“Hey! What are we doing here?” said Rika.
“I brought you here by using my digivice, because I need help with something”, I answered.
“What is it?” asked Rika.
“It’s a mission that was assigned to me. Don’t worry about time, you’ll be back in your world the moment you left”, I explained.
“Fine, I’ll come. What is the mission about?” Rika asked.
“About that”, I said pointing the huge vault.
“And what is that?” Renamon asked.
“Well, it’s a long story. To cut the matter short, it’s something that changes DigiWorld. We have to find who or what causes it”, I said.
“Hey! Look there!” Thespina cried.
“I told you they would send something”, Floramon told to me.
“It looks like a big, yellow duck”, said Tailmon.
“It is carrying something”, said Kari.
“This duck is carrying a laptop and I think it wants me to take it”, I said, because the mechanical duck stood in front of me turning its head to the laptop.
“What will you do?” Ghlykeria asked.
“Move away and I’ll open it”, I answered.
I opened the laptop. Seeing Digimon Emperor’s face on the screen I almost threw the laptop. The suspicions I had from my dream were confirmed.
“What’s going on, Pridemon? Are you surprised at seeing me?” Digimon Emperor said ironically.
“What do you want, worm?” I said shaking with anger.
“Revenge. I want to take revenge, because you and the DigiDestined were quite rude to me the last time we met. You had the face to divide me from my human self. However, my desire for revenge has to wait. I have more important things to do. Despite that, I propose you a little game”.
“What did your sick brain come up with?” I said contemptuously.
“Listen carefully: You and your friends will be separated and sent into different parts of the world I created”
“You didn't! You just changed DigiWorld, because it is too good for you!” I said interrupting him.
“Tut-tut… You have stayed so many years in the human world, but you still have no manners! Don’t interrupt me, because I’ll get angry”, he said.
“Oh, I’m scared! You’re lucky you’re not here, because I would beat you pitilessly!” I said.
“Things have changed, Pridemon. So, as I was saying, you’ll be sent in different places of my DigiWorld. You, Pridemon, you’ll have to find and save the others. If you find them all, everyone will be able to enter in my part. Oh, I have to remind you that if you refuse, I’ll make what you named atmosphere-changing vault really impenetrable. You choose. If I were you, I would accept. It’s the only way to pass into my part”, said Digimon Emperor.
I closed the laptop.
“What do you think we should do?” I asked the others.
“We took some information. Now we know that Digimon Emperor is one of our new enemies and responsible for the vault”, said Tailmon thoughtfully.
“Yes, but there are many things we don’t know. I wonder what did he meant telling Flaire things have changed”, said Ghlykeria.
“I’ll talk with him a bit more”, I said.
I opened the laptop again.
“You, tell me how did you manage to”
“To return? By getting a little help from your digivice and a lot from my brilliant mind, Pridemon!” said Digimon Emperor.
“My digivice?” I said intrigued.
“Yes. What became of my data when you and the DigiDestined freed Ken from me?” Digimon Emperor asked rhetorically.
“They were scattered over DigiWorld”, Tailmon said suspiciously.
“Wrong answer, kitty! The right answer is that my data entered Pridemon’s digivice. Through it, I raised much magical energy from the unreal stories where Pridemon used to go by using her digivice. Of the magical energy, I made this”, said Digimon Emperor showing a wand of colorful gems.
"I saw this wand in my dream!" I thought.
“Using the magic powers of this wand, I managed to get in flesh. Also, I created the atmosphere-changing vault, I brought Devimon back in life and, changing a bit the Primary Village, I helped Myotismon to be reborn”, said Digimon Emperor.
“How dared you? You worm! The Primary Village is sacred, but you changed it! You’re a monster!” I screamed.
“Maybe. But, remember that I’m not the one who stopped Virus Digimon to be born and reborn, when telling humans about the existence of Digimon. Frankly, who is the real monster, Pridemon? The only thing I did was stopping Virus Digimon’s exclusion”, Digimon Emperor said in a style of superiority.
“You were wrong to this! Every DigiWorld’s damage is made by the Virus Digimon!” I said with spite.
“Flaire!” Tailmon whispered. Her big, blue eyes were full of hope.
“What is it, Tailmon? Oh, you mean Wizardmon…” I said covering my mouth with my hand.
"Tailmon seams so happy in the idea of her best friend’s rebirth that I could forgive Digimon Emperor. But not as long as he continues destroying DigiWorld", I thought.
“Enough with words. Decide, Pridemon!” Digimon Emperor said.
“I’ll answer in three minutes”, I said.
“Okay. In three minutes the laptop will be switched on”, he answered.
The screen shut and I closed the laptop.
“What do I have to do?” I said leaning my hand on my head.
“Whatever you decide, I’ll help you. That guy needs a good lesson”, said Rika.
“I know, Rika, but I don’t want any of you to get anything. This battle is between Digimon Emperor and me. I think I should refuse. The best we can do is going to the other DigiDestined, telling them what we found and attack together”, I said.
“Yes, but, at that time, it might be too late”, said Sora.
“Whatever we decide, we have to move quickly and surprise them”, said Rika’s Renamon.
“Surprise them? That’s a bit difficult. They have already surprised us”, said Piximon.
“Listen: I think we should send the information we found to the others and accept the Emperor’s proposal”, said Kari.
“Proposal? To me, it seems like an ultimatum”, said Tailmon.
“Unfortunately, it’s the only way we get there fast enough. Try to find us quickly, little monster”, said Floramon.
“I can’t take such a great responsibility, not as long as Digimon Emperor is free. If things have really changed, whoever is my friend is in danger. Are we going to be captured like mice in a mousetrap?” I said.
“I’m afraid there is no way to avoid that”, said Ghlykeria.
“Oh! I just thought of that! We have to do something with our digivices! Do you remember that, in 2002, Digimon Emperor used to understand if we were in his areas from our digivices’ signal?” said Eleni.
“We'll take care of this later, when we send the other DigiDestined the information we got. Now, I have to answer. And I warn you that it won’t be my fault if anything happens to you”, I said.
“Don’t worry, nobody will blame you for anything”, said Kari.
“Are you sure? Tai will kill me if anything happens to you”, I answered.
“Flaire! Stop delaying and tell the freak that calls himself Digimon Emperor our decision”, said Tailmon.
“Wait a moment!” said Floramon as if she was hurt by a thunderbolt. I had never seen her that angry before.
“What’s going on, Floramon?” said Ghlykeria’s Biyomon.
“If Flaire is going to be the decoy to allow us get there, I won’t allow this to happen!” Floramon said aggressively.
“Don’t say things like those, Floramon. You know that I have to face Digimon Emperor”, I said.
“Sorry. I just worry about your safety, little monster”.
“You have no reason to worry about me. Worry about Digimon Emperor, because, if I meet him, he’ll wish he was dead”, I said opening the laptop.
“At last! I started to hope you killed yourself, because you didn’t know what to do, Pridemon! So, what did you decide?” said Digimon Emperor.
“I accept. But first, I pose some conditions”, I said.
“Let me hear them and I'll see”, Digimon Emperor answered.
“How can I be sure that I won’t find any of the others dead?” I said.
“So, you want a guarantee. I accept the condition. I swear by this wand, which is the source of my current power, that I’ll kill no one of them until you find them. And sorry to worry you, but the guarantee doesn’t come in force for you, Pridemon”, said Digimon Emperor.
“There is also another condition: my team and I want three minutes to get ready,” I said.
“Okay. Why not? When the three minutes pass, follow the robot”, Digimon Emperor answered. The laptop was shut down and I gave it to the robot.
“Girls, listen: my digivice recorded the conversation. I suggest we send it to my house’s computer, in order to let the others know what happened”, I said.
“I agree”, said Thespina.
I touched my digivice, making it send the recorded conversation to my house’s computer.
“It’s okay. Now, we have to do something to make your digivices’ signal unnoticeable by the Dark D-3,” I said.
“Our digivices? And what is that Dark D-3?” asked Rika.
“The Dark D-3 is Digimon Emperor’s digivice”, Ghlykeria explained.
“Just a moment! Ken has the Dark D-3 too. Which means that two Dark D-3s exist”, said Eleni.
“As for the fact I said "your digivices’" and not "our digivices’", it’s because my digivice has signal only when and to who I want it to have, Rika”, I said making a box of a White Ring.
“Here you are! Put your digivices in this box and they’ll have signal only when you want to and only to the digivice/s you want to”, I said.
“So, if I want to, my digivice will have signal noticeable only to your digivice, for example?” asked Kari during she and the other girls were putting their digivices into the box.
“Yes, at any time to any time you want to”, I said.
“What’s next?” Ghlykeria asked.
“First of all, hiding my things”, I said.
“And how do you do this?” Rika asked.
“You'll see!” I said taking my piece of hair out the box. The box became again a White Ring. Then I put in that White Ring the hair again. My backpack, my fake-wand and my digivice disappeared with the White Ring.
“Where did all these go?” Rika said.
“Here!” I said pulling my left hand’s glove, so the others could see my wrist.
“That’s a watch!” said Rika surprised.
“If I pull the piece of hair, the thing I need from the disappeared things can appear”, I answered.
“That’s a good idea! In this way you hid your things, you won’t be afraid of the occasion your things get lost or stolen, little monster”! said Tailmon.
“How many times I’ll have to remind you that only I call Flaire "little monster"?” Floramon told Tailmon angrily.
“Stop quarrelling! We have only one minute and a half. We need to discuss what we will do,” I said.
“Yes, but we have no idea what’s the best to do”, said Sora.
“We have no problem with these of you who are humans, because I can find you with my digivice. The problem is with our Digital Partners. And we have to be very careful, because Digimon Emperor is going to be free to kill whomever I find from you”, I said.
The duck-like robot started buzz strangely.
“The three minutes passed. We have to follow it”, I said.
The robot leaded us along the atmosphere-changing vault until we stood in front of a cave that was exactly under the vault. The robot got into the cave and we followed it. Suddenly, I felt I couldn’t breath. The last thing I heard was Tailmon mewing scared.

Timewitch

7. A very strange awakening
I didn’t know if my eyes were open or closed. I didn’t know if I was awake or asleep. I felt nothing. After a while I understood that I was lying down and I felt cement under my right hand. On my left hand, I felt a small piece of paper. I sat up and groped about for my watch. When my fingers touched it, I pulled the piece of hair and I put it in again. After a while, the White Ring’s shining transformed into a flashlight. I turned it on quickly and I read the piece of paper.
"You are lucky I prefer to destroy you when you are able to understand it", was written on the piece of paper.
" I am sure that Digimon Emperor wrote it. However, it’s the first time the White Ring took so much time to transform. Probably, this moron is responsible for this too", I thought.
I stood up. I took my fake-wand from my watch. Then, I made the fake wand show me what direction I should take in order to find Floramon. A pink line of light streamed of my fake-wand’s point. I followed the line lighting the place with my flashlight. The line’s light was strong enough to be visible, but not to help me see the floor. The scenery was the same all the time: A gray floor of cement. I couldn’t see any walls and I could hardly see the ceiling. After a while I started to feel tired. I was thinking I didn’t move at all until my flashlight started to light something, on which the fake-wand’s line seemed to stop. Suddenly, I recognized the "something". The wand’s line of light got erased.
“Floramon! Wake up, Floramon!” I shouted shaking her.
“Oh! Is it you little monster? Where are we?” she said trying to come to her senses.
“I wish I knew”, I said.
“It’s a strange place, isn’t it? I wonder what it might be. However, I don’t think it’s a sewer, because it’s huge and it doesn’t smell. But the floor is of cement, so the place can’t be a cave. Hey! I think I’m hearing water sound”, said Floramon.
“Oh! Look there, Floramon!” I whispered showing something behind us.
“Lights! Probably, it’s a van. It’s still far, but it is coming here! Turn off the flashlight, little monster!” Floramon whispered scared.
“In this way we won’t be able to see even our noses! No, I’m thinking we should just leave”.
“And go where?” Floramon said panicky.
“Just a minute”, I answered taking something from my watch. As last time, the item I wanted took a lot of time to materialize.
“What are you doing, little monster? We have to hurry”, said Floramon.
“Wait until my digivice materializes”, I said.
“But…”
“I just want to know where we should go to find the others”, I was saying, when my digivice got materialized.
I saw three small circles of light on my digivice’s screen . It was the signal of the girls’ digivices.
“That way, Floramon!” I said showing the signals’ direction.
We turned off the flashlight and started to run led only by my digivice. After running for a while, we almost crashed into the wall of a one-room building of cement. When we looked more carefully, we saw that one of its walls was missing. Instead of it, there were bars.
“Floramon, do you see anywhere that van?” I asked Floramon whispering.
“No. Nowhere”, she told me without whispering.
“I think I can turn the flashlight on now”, I said.
I turned it on and lighted the cell. Inside, there were Thespina with Piximon, Sora, Ghlykeria and the two Biyomons.
“I need to make a key”, I murmured.
I transformed the flashlight into a key. I put it in the latch and I unlocked it. I got in with Floramon and we started to jog the girls.
“They understand nothing in this way. WAKE UP, YOU SLEEPING BEAUTIES!” I shouted with all the power my lungs had.
“What’s it?” Ghlykeria said leaping to her feet almost in her sleep.
“It’s me. Wake up, we’ve got searching to do!” I said.
“Mhhh”, Thespina said nagging.
I turned the key into flashlight.
“I told you to wake up!” I said lighting again the cell.
“Okay!” said Thespina.
She went out of the cell puffing with anger. The five others did the same.
“So, what do we have to do?” asked Sora.
“First of all, we have to find an exit from this place”, I said.
“Silence! I’m trying to listen!” said Floramon.
We all looked each other surprised, but we said nothing. The flashlight’s light made our faces look strange.
“Hey! I can hear it too. There is a river somewhere”, said Piximon.
“Maybe, if we follow it, we can find the exit”, said Sora’s Biyomon.
“Hey, little monster, why did you turn off the light?” asked Floramon.
“I’m making something”, I said showing a materializing shine, which transformed into an eight-site car.
“You go first! The car will take us to the river and then it will follow it, driving by itself, of course”, I said.
“Very clever, little monster. What are we waiting for?” Floramon asked.
We went in. The car took us to the river and it followed it. After a while, we started to see the exit. I touched my site with my finger. The car stopped.
“Why did it stop, little monster?” said Floramon.
“I made it stop,” I answered.
“Why?” asked Sora.
“We have to continue on foot. See those ships?” I said.
“I see something, but isn’t it far?” said Sora.
“Maybe, but we need to be unnoticeable. We need to walk”.
Little by little, we came close to the exit. It was enormous. When we managed to get out, we understood that the exit – or entry – of the cave was a huge port and the cave was a specifically formed tunnel, which was used for secret freight of the ship’s contents, however their volume. I made quickly a small boat and we moved away.
“At last, we escaped. So, Flaire, how did you find us?” said Sora.
“I found you thanks to your digivices’ signal. However, it’s strange I don’t see any other digivices’ signal”, I said.
“Maybe because they are far, little monster”, said Floramon.
“Maybe, Floramon. Maybe…”

Timewitch

8. Vocabulary
Digivice of Illusion/ Variable Digivice: Flaire’s D-3. It’s called like that because its color changes continually.

Eleftheria: The girl that shared her mind with Flaire, until Flaire got a permanently hers body. Eleftheria isn’t a DigiDestined. However, she was born on Saturday and affects on her luck by using her willpower. She is fanatically amoral and has a big imagination (maybe too big!).

Eleni: She is a DigiDestined of Flaire’s team. She also is Eleftheria’ s cousin. Her Digital Partner is a Renamon. When she grew up, she became a computer programmer. Her D-3 has the color of a cypress. She is shy and open-minded.

Elfinmon: In-Training level Digimon, Pridemon’s previous level.

Fake-wand: The first thing that Flaire created of the White Rings. She never parts with it. Thanks to it, she can do whatever she could do with a real magic wand. Nevertheless, when using her fake-wand, Flaire doesn’t use magic; she just uses the power of the White Rings.

Flaire Pridemon: She is both a Rookie level Digimon and a DigiDestined. Moreover, she is the creator of the White Rings. The way she was created is rather complicated:
A Black Gear entered a human girl, Eleftheria. In 2002’s spring, Arukenimon asked Eleftheria to ally with her, but Eleftheria refused. As a rewarding, she got a second soul who went to DigiWorld, became a DigiDestined and has two crests: of pride and of happiness, and two Digital Partners: Kari’s Tailmon and Floramon. She (the second soul) also got a D-3 with far more abilities than the other D-3s: the Digivice of Illusion, also known as Variable Digivice. Thanks to it, she used to travel to and change imaginary stories. Apart from this, she could travel at any moment of the DigiDestined’s story. Thus, she interfered a lot in the adventure of 1999, even though she hadn’t existed that time. As for the adventure of 2002, she discovered that some children that are Eleftheria’ s friends or relatives had the "something" that the DigiDestined have, and that they were DigiDestined indeed. With the help of these children, she helped the Japanese DigiDestined. What’s more, she discovered that she was a Digimon one of her kind, and that her real name was Pridemon. Despite that, she kept as a first name the nickname she had made up for herself: Flaire. When, some years after the adventure of 2002, she revealed to the humans the existence of the Digimon and DigiWorld, she was divided from Eleftheria and got a body of her own. Until that time, she was living through Eleftheria, except from the times she went to DigiWorld or unreal stories. Unfortunately, she had to make a really frequent use of her new ability: Immediately after she revealed the truth to the humans, Azulongmon forbade her to enter the Digital World.

Floramon: She is Flaire’s Digital Partner. She is a Rookie level Digimon, but she can evolve to the Ultimate level without evolving to Champion level first.

Ghlykeria: She is a DigiDestined of Flaire’s team. She also is Eleftheria’s friend. Her Digital Partner is a Biyomon. When she grew up, she became a surgeon. Her D-3 is dark blue. She is pleasant and a good friend.

MagicPridemon: Champion level Digimon, Pridemon’ s evolved type.

Michalis: He is a DigiDestined of Flaire’s team. He also is Eleftheria’ s friend. His Digital Partner is a Geckomon. When he grew up, he became an archeologist. His D-3 is yellow. He is funny and carefree.

Padelis: He is a DigiDestined of Flaire’s team. He also is Eleftheria’ s cousin. His Digital Partner is a Gazimon. When he grew up, he became an engineer. His D-3 is red. He is energetic and clever.

Thespina: She is a DigiDestined of Flaire’s team. She also is Eleftheria’ s sister. Her Digital Partner is a Piximon. When she grew up, she became a teacher. Her D-3 is mauve. She is explosive and affectionate. ("Th" of Thespina is pronounced like in heather, not like in thief).

WarPridemon: (1) Ultimate level Digimon, MagicPridemon’ s evolved type.
(2) Champion level Digimon, Pridemon’ s Armor digivolved type with the Armor DigiEgg of pride.

White Towers: Flaire created them from the White Rings in order to protect DigiWorld from Digimon Emperor during the adventure of 2002. They look exactly like the Control Spires, with the difference that they are white. If there had been placed a Control Spire in an area that a White Tower was placed too, the Control Spire was destroyed. Apart from this, if a Digimon that is wearing a Dark Ring or Spiral enters an area that has a White Tower, the Ring or the Spiral gets broken. Also, if somebody wants to obtain White Rings, he or she just has to put his or her hand on the White Tower.

White Ring: It is an item created by Flaire, which, if Flaire puts a piece of her hair on the Ring’s blue gem, transforms into whatever Flaire wants. If she wants to make it a White Ring again, she just has to put her finger on the gem thinking that she wants it to become a White Ring again. Then, the piece of hair gets out of the item and the item becomes a White Ring. No one knows how to create it but Floramon and Eleftheria. As for Flaire, she erased the memory of creating the White Ring in order to avoid its creation by a wrong person.
If a Digimon wears a White Ring, whatever related to the Dark Rings or Spirals is destroyed. Also, this Digimon can do the normal Digivolution even if he or she is in an area controlled by a Control Spire.

9. A message from the author
Dear reader,
The glossary I made may not be perfect. Also, it may disagree on some points with the television cartoon series that inspired me to write this story. This may be more so as regards Flaire, because that’s my own touch on the story. It can also happen in the case I don’t know something. However, I hope that the glossary is enough for understanding the story. I hope you saw Digimon from my point of view and liked what you saw. Finally, I hope you are eager for the sequel, because, as the saying goes: "Hope dies last!"
PS: I might have some grammatical or vocabulary mistakes-Modern Greek language isn’t easy to translate in English!

Timewitch

DIGIMON 5 SQUARED

(25 years after Digimon Zero Two)
By Timewitch
2nd part: Pridemon

Disclaimer: I don’t own Digimon.

1. Summary
Flaire Pridemon, after an agreement with Digimon Emperor, managed to get into the area he controls. Now she has to find some DigiDestined who are lost there, along with their Digital Partners. Unfortunately, the part of the DigiWorld that is controlled by Digimon Emperor is changed, and its master is changed too. However, it is more than obvious that, with the help of the White Ring, Floramon’ s friendship and her powers, Flaire can not only protect herself, but the DigiDestined and the other Digimon too. But obvious doesn’t equal true, does it?

2.Contents
1.Summary
2.Contents
3.The Island of the Two Towers
4.Rescuing Kari
5.Elecmon's hiding place
6.The reactivation of the crests
7.Getting ready
8.A panicked factory
9.Pride and happiness
10. Wand and sheet
11. Finding Tailmon
12. Flaire Pridemon’s magical powers
13. Trap in the pinewood
14. A dark game
15. A message for the DigiDestined
16. The harbor city
17. Pretense

3. The island of the two Towers
Davis sighed. He was looking at the fire that was crackling in the fireplace of the underground library in Flaire’s house.
“Davis! What’s going on?” said Veemon pushing him.
“I’m in love”, he answered without stopping staring at the fire.
“Davis! You are not an elementary school kid any more; you are old, married and you have a son. Are you in love with Kari again?” said Veemon.
“Yes”, Davis said.
“TK, we have a trouble here. Davis is in love with Kari again, because, as the rest of the DigiDestined, he became as he was the old times!” Patamon told TK, who was reading a book.
He slammed the book and got up. “Davis, wake up, DigiWorld is in danger! We have to be ready, so that we can face whatever happens. Your daydreams are a luxury we can’t afford!” he told Davis. He put the book on the big table and moved towards the "interphone". The interphone was a device created by Flaire, in case someone in the library wanted to talk with those who were in the living room.
TK pressed a button on the interphone.
“You, upstairs! Any news?” he asked.
“Nothing at all, TK”, said Cody, who was in the living room.
TK pressed the same button and sat on the armchair again. “No news from Cody and Izzy. Matt and Tai are going to be here in a few minutes”, he told Davis.
Davis sighed instead of giving an answer.
“Give up, TK, he won’t stop”, said Patamon. He flew and sat on the computer’s screen. He had just folded his wings when he shouted “Aah!” The cause was a voice coming from the computer: “You’ve got mail! You’ve got mail!”
“A mail!” TK said and got up from the armchair. He went to the computer and opened the e-mail. “It’s from Flaire”, he explained to Patamon who was still shocked.
“What does it say?” Davis said uninterested.
“It says that Digimon Emperor, Myotismon and Devimon are the ones who created the atmosphere changing vault”, TK explained. He sighed. “So, it seems that Patamon gave his life for no reason, when he fought against Devimon”, he said almost angrily.
“Never mind, I was regenerated in no time”, said Patamon perching on TK’s hat.
“And what about Digimon Emperor? Did Ken become Digimon Emperor again? It can’t be…” said Davis astonished.
“Of course it can’t be. Flaire has written it clearly: Digimon Emperor has returned and he’s not Ken!” said TK.
“Well… I didn’t get it”, said Veemon.
“If Flaire was here, she would tell you she hadn’t had the faintest hope that you would”, said TK smiling.
“What are you waiting for, TA? Go to transfer the news to the guys upstairs!” Davis told TK.
“You’re bored even to move your little finger, right, Davis?” TK si'm a happy happy person, in a happy happy world...i'm gonna make you happy..ed.
“Okay, I’m going”, moaned Davis. "Stupid TK!" he thought. “Hey, guys, can you hear me? There’s a message from Flaire”, he said on the interphone wearily.
This time, the one who answered was Izzy. “I definitely have to read it”, he said.
“Fine”, said Davis.
“Cody and I will come downstairs as long as the others return. They will be here in a moment”, said Izzy.
Davis returned to his armchair. “You made me get up for no reason, TJ! They’re coming later”.

“There’s no signal from any other digivice. All I see is ours”, I said. Ghlykeria, Sora, Thespina and our Digital Partners sighed.
“So? Are we going to continue blindly, like that?” Sora said desperately.
“Not as long as I have my wand”, I answered.
“What do you intend to do?” asked Thespina.
“I’ll make the wand show us the way to one of our lost friends, as it did with Floramon”.
“And how is the wand going to lead us?” said Ghlykeria.
“Watch!” I answered.
A beam of light appeared from my wand’s point following a destination. Then I put my hand on the boat, which started to follow the wand’s beam.
“Oh, Gosh! These White Ring items are terrifying!” said Ghlykeria.
“Indeed. Don’t forget that if Flaire hadn’t modified your D-3s with her wand, you Greek guys would make nothing of what the Japanese DigiDestined say”, said Floramon.
“No big deal. I just took care so that each one can speak their tongue and yet being comprehended”, I said.
“You’re very lucky”, said Thespina.
“Is that what you think? I’m banished from the world I belong to, Digimon Emperor wants revenge, the DigiDestined are dispraising me behind my back…”
“Come on, Flaire, you know we’d never do such a thing”, said Sora.
“Cut it out, Sora, do you think I didn’t see how scornfully Cody and Davis were looking at me?”
“Come on, you know them; Cody judges everyone and everything strictly. As for Davis, he’s just jealous, because you told humans about the existence of the DigiWorld before him”, said Sora.
“Jealous? JEALOUS? Then is he jealous of my banishment as well?”
Sora did not reply.
“Hey, look there!” said Thespina.
It was really weird; it was as if the atmosphere-changing vault was lowering on a piece of earth. “The wand’s beam was taking as to this very direction. I leaned my hand against the boat, making it move more quickly.
“Why are you doing this?” asked Ghlykeria.
“I wanna see what’s hidden behind the vault’s veil. What could possibly make the vault not cover this area?” I murmured.
We passed through the veil and the boat crashed on earth, not very hard, luckily.
“It’s an island” I said and disembarked.
“Flairie, look around… Remember this place?” said Floramon.
“It reminds me of something… what is it?” I said. “Hey, I do remember! It’s the only area of DigiWorld we had put two White Towers instead of one. I remember, though, that it was a hilltop, not an island”.
“The atmosphere-changing vault turned the non-protected area around into sea. Yet, this place stayed the same, because it was protected by the two Towers. Do you understand what this means?” Sora said excited.
“Yes, of course! Any place having more than one White Tower shall be able to resist to the vault’s distorting power!” I whispered happily. "Maybe we can hope from now on" I thought.
“Little mon, I have an idea! Why don’t you use the White Ring to create a device able to turn DigiWorld in its normal condition?” said Floramon.
“Right you are! We should have thought this before”, said Ghlykeria’s Biyomon.
“It sounds too easy. On the other hand, we have nothing to lose by trying” I said taking a White Ring from my watch. I turned it into a finger ring. The others looked at me, intrigued. “I made it so that when I press the gem on the ring, everything will turn back to normal. Let’s see…” I said pressing the gem. Nothing happened.
“But how…” Sora murmured thoughtfully.
I fell on my knees. I hardly held out not to cry. “That’s all. It’s over. Digimon Emperor defeated the White Ring”.
“So? If he thinks that he will defeat us this way, he’s been deceived!” said Floramon embracing my shoulders.
“Hey, Flaire, look at your wand”, said Thespina.
“Oh, I forgot it!” I said and started to run along the island’s beach towards the destination showed by the wand’s beam.
“Come here, I found Eleni and Renamon!” I shouted to the others.
The beam went out. Eleni and Renamon woke up.
“Flaire, is that you?” asked Eleni.
“Yes. Do you know how you got here?”
“No, all I remember is till we entered that cave”, she answered.
“Does any of you remember?” I asked the rest.
“Not at all”, said Ghlykeria.
“Where are we?” asked Eleni.
“We’re in a normal area of DigiWorld” I answered.
“You mean Digimon Emperor befooled us?” asked Eleni.
“No. The areas around are really distorted. The vault, though, didn’t cover this area, because I had installed here two White Towers instead of one” I explained.
“Fine!” she said.
“No, it’s not fine. The White Ring is being blocked by Digimon Emperor’s wand and I have to find the rest of us, who they are God knows where. By the way, I ask this as a favor: Do not interfere. When I leave, don’t leave the island. It’s too dangerous”.
“Did we do something wrong, little monster?” Floramon asked in pain.
“The fault is not yours; it’s mine. I shouldn’t have involved you to this”.
“Azulongmon told us to come with you. He must have some reason”, said Floramon.
“That’s right”, said Sora. “Well, we’d better make a plan”.
“Indeed”, said the others.
“What do you think little mon?” said Floramon.
“I agree, Floramon”, I said and smiled. “I agree”.

Timewitch

4. Rescuing Kari
“I think that, first of all, we gotta find some accommodation”, said Ghlykeria.
I looked at Floramon collusively. Her eyes were glowing sportively, as if she was trying to tell me "Let’s give them a surprise, little mon".
“Why don’t we explore this island? It’s not big.
“Shall we part so that we finish the exploration quickly?” Ghlykeria suggested.
“No, it might be dangerous”, said Eleni.
“Floramon and I are going to lead the way”, I said.
We pretended to explore for a while, when…
“Hey, that’s a bungalow!” said Eleni.
Floramon couldn’t hold herself anymore. “It looks good, doesn’t it?” she said and started to laugh.
“Do you mean you knew about it? Have you been playing a joke on us all this time?” said Sora unable to decide if she should laugh or get angry.
Floramon and I couldn’t help giggling. “Of course we did”, said Floramon laughing “we made this bungalow!”
“Yeah, we made it when we put the two Towers on the island”, I explained short of breath due to laughing.
“Did you build this by yourselves?” asked Eleni.
“Of course not. Flaire made it using a White Ring”, said Floramon. “What are we waiting for? Let’s get into the bungalow” I said and put the point of my wand on the door’s lock. The door opened.
The bungalow consisted just of a kitchen, which could be used as a living room, and an empty bedroom. Eleni went to the kitchen and Sora went to the bedroom.
“There’s something wrong with this wardrobe: It contains exactly what I thought we might need”, said Sora.
“I was about to say that exactly the same thing happened with this fridge”, said Eleni.
“Floramon has just told you that I made this house of a White Ring”, I said rolling my eyes.
“I dunno about you, gals, but I’m starving”, said Piximon.
“Me too, let’s set the table”, said Thespina.
Everyone except me helped her. I turned a White Ring into a bowl full of digital dust, took a chair and sat out of the way.
“Flaire, join us and eat something” Ghlykeria said with her mouth stuffed with food.
“I am eating” I answered.
“Be careful. Eating only digital dust is unnatural”, said Biyomon, her mouth stuffed with food as well.
I gave her no answer. I stayed there for a few minutes and then I left as silently as possible. I got out and sat on the grass looking at the thin veil which divided our safe hideaway from Digimon Emperor’s ill DigiWorld.
"Kari, Tailmon… They’re still out there", I thought.
I took two White Rings out of my watch, and modified them. They looked the same as before, but I knew they were different.
I moved towards the boat and fixed it with my wand. Suddenly, I heard Floramon’s characteristic voice.
“Hey, little mon! You’re not gonna leave without me, are you?” said Floramon and approached the boat.
“You were eating and I didn’t want to bother you. I’m going to find Kari. Stay here; I want you to be safe”.
“Lemme come with you this time and, if anything happens to me, I’ll not come again”.
“Fine. Come on, we’re leaving”, I said and made my wand show the way to Kari.
The boat followed the wand’s beam and, after a while, we saw a piece of dry land. I put my hand in my pocket and took out a bubble. The bubble expanded and it wrapped the boat.
“You did this so that the boat is invisible, right, little monster?” asked Floramon.
“Actually, I did that so that we are invisible”, I answered.
The boat continued at the same direction, till we reached land, which proved to be an island. What caught our attention, though, was a fort guarded by two really weird Digimon.
“These guys look like those guys at the Dark Ocean!” whispered Floramon.
The bubble kept us invisible. After we landed, I made the boat invisible as well. We waited until the guards were switched and then we sneaked into the fort. The wand showed us the way we should take till we found Kari.
She was unconscious and imprisoned in a transparent column, which was full of a strange, greenish liquid. After making the bubble shrink, I turned my wand into a sword and threw it to the top of the column. The sword was turned back into a wand. The column was cracked and the liquid started to run through the cracks. A big piece of the column was smashed to smaller pieces and the current of the liquid nearly blew Kari away. I made the crack on the column and its scattered pieces smooth using my wand. Floramon took Kari out of the column and put her on the floor gently.
“Kari! Wake up, Kari!” I whispered nudging her. Her eyes opened slowly.
“Flaire!” Kari said putting her palm on her forehead. I made the bubble expand again.
“I think this place needs a better decoration”, I said taking out of my watch one of the two modified Rings and putting it on the floor. The White Ring was turned into a White Tower and it made a hole in the ceiling. I helped Kari get up and patted Floramon’s shoulder. “We gotta leave, this place is going to be very different in a few minutes” I said and started to run.
We hardly had enough time to board the boat when the atmosphere-changing vault moved towards earth. My heart was beating fast due to running, but I felt happy since, firstly, I had just saved Kari from our enemies and, secondly, I saved an area from Digimon Emperor. I smiled.
“I’d really love to see Digimon Emperor’s face when he is informed about that”, I said leading the boat to our hideaway through my wand.
When Flaire, Floramon and Kari returned to the Island of the two Towers…
“Flaire! Thank God you’re here! Sora, Ghlykeria and the two Biyomons are gone!” said Eleni immediately after she saw me.

Note: Bubble is an item that Flaire created of a White Ring. When not used, it looks like an ordinary bubble, but it never bursts. When used, it looks like a huge bubble, big enough to take a standing Flaire. The Bubble covers its user making them invisible and/ or immaterial.

Timewitch

5. Elecmon’s hiding place
So, let’s see what happened after Flaire and Floramon leaved the island in order to save Kari.
“Does anybody know where Flaire and Floramon are?” asked Thespina.
“Oh, no! Probably they went to find the missing ones! Remember when Flaire told us not to interfere?” said Eleni.
“Gals… I can’t just sit here”, Sora said and got up.
“Are you planning to find Flaire and Floramon?” asked Ghlykeria.
“No, but I’ll try to find the Primary Village. We can’t leave it to the enemy”, said Sora.
“Sora, how can we possibly find the Village? I’m sure it’s deformed like everything else”, said Biyomon.
“Yes, but”, Sora said leaning against the wardrobe, “this might help us”.
“You mean the wardrobe?” said Piximon.
“Yes”, said Sora opening the wardrobe. She took out an inflatable boat.
“Hey, this hadn’t been there before!” pointed out Ghlykeria’s Biyomon.
“This wardrobe creates whatever we think that we need, right? So, I’m gonna take that boat so that I manage to reach the File Island. There, I’ll find the Primary Village”, said Sora.
“Shall we come too?” asked Ghlykeria.
“Yeah, sure. It would be dangerous if I went on my own”, said Sora.
“To tell you the truth, I don’t wanna come”, said Thespina.
“Me neither”, said Eleni.
“Fine, then just Sora and I will go”, said Ghlykeria.
Sora, Ghlykeria and the two Biyomons took the inflatable boat and pushed out. The boat started to follow the destination to the File Island.
“Sora, I wanna ask you an indiscreet question”, said Ghlykeria.
“OK”, Sora said hesitatingly.
“Why did you separate with Matt?”
“Because we both used to travel a lot due to our jobs. As you know, I’m a fashion designer, so I travel for fashion shows. As for Matt, he travels through space-he is an astronaut. What kind of family could we possibly have like that?”
“I see, but since you still love each other, I think you shouldn’t have separated”.
“Can we stop talking about it?” Sora said.
“As you wish”, said Ghlykeria.
Both child-looking women stayed silent. The two Biyomons were staring at their friends. Nothing could be heard except for the waves that were hitting the boat softly.
“Is this the File Island? Ghlykeria asked after a while.
“Yes. I’ll drive the boat”, said Sora smiling. “We’ll go to the beach where I and the six other DigiDestined went on our first day in DigiWorld”, she said making the boat turn. When the boat reached the beach, Sora and Ghlykeria disembarked. Then, they pulled the boat on the beach.
“This place brings a lot of memories to me. Luckily, the vault didn’t change it much”, said Sora looking around.
“Sure, but how are we gonna make it as it was?” Ghlykeria asked.
“How?” Sora sighed.
“Sora! Why did you bring us here, since you don’t even have a plan?” said Biyomon.
“I don’t know. I felt as if something summoned me or something”, said Sora.
“It’s not like you to act before planning. Are you OK, Sora?” Biyomon asked anxiously.
“It feels kinda weird. Anyway, let’s go to the Primary Village! There must be something we can do!” Sora said.
“Fine, I’ll digivolve so that we’ll get there quickly”, said Biyomon. “Biyomon, digivolve to… Birdramon! Oh, I’m so sorry… I can’t digivolve”.
“It’s natural. Look over there”, said Ghlykeria’s Biyomon pointing at a Control Spire.
“It’s OK. Besides, if Biyomon digivolved, she might catch attention”, said Sora.
“Let’s go. Sora, do you remember the way?” asked her Biyomon.
“I think so”, said Sora.
When they reached the Village…
“Biyomon, if we ever face Digimon Emperor, remind me of slapping him”, Ghlykeria told her Digital Partner.
“Flaire has every right to hate him. Look what he did to the Primary Village!” said Sora. She was very angry. And with a good reason.
The trees, the toys and everything else that used to make the Village a happy place had disappeared. The Primary Village had become just a piece of dry land, eggs scattered on it.
“Sora, watch out!” yelled Ghlykeria knocking Sora to the ground.
“What happened?” Sora asked.
“I don’t know. It looked like a small thunder, but it didn’t come from the sky”, said Ghlykeria.
“Gals, find a place to hide!” shouted both Biyomons.
“Wait! That Digimon… Isn’t he Elecmon, who takes care of the babies?” Sora said. The red Digimon got ready to attack again.
“Probably, but he wears a Dark Ring”, said Ghlykeria.
“Then let’s try to destroy the Ring”, said her Biyomon.
Both Digital Partners attacked.
“Spiral Twister!”
The Ring was destroyed.
“Are you OK?” Sora asked Elecmon.
“Thanks to you”, he said trying to come round.
“Elecmon, how did it happened that you were under the control of the Ring?” asked Biyomon.
“I couldn’t escape from it. All the area is full of those things. Sora, you’re the possessor of the crest of love, right?” said Elecmon.
“Yes. Why are you asking?” Sora asked.
“When the atmosphere-changing vault covered the island, your crest appeared from the ground. I took it and hid it somewhere in the forest. After that, though, I was captured by the Dark Ring. Thank Heavens you came”.
“Can you take us where you hid the crest?” Ghlykeria asked.
“I know where it is, but there are soldiers of the enemy everywhere. You’re lucky you’re not captured yet”, said Elecmon.
“Take us to the crest, please! We don’t know what they can possibly do if they find the crest. We’d better not gamble on it”, said Sora.
“Well, under those circumstances…” said Elecmon.
After leading them for a while through narrow and rough paths, they managed to reach Mount Infinity’s foot. Every piece of land was being guarded by Bakemons.
“Elecmon, with all the respect I have for you, are you an idiot? What made you choose this place to hide the crest?” Ghlykeria whispered.
“I don’t know if you know that, but the best place to hide something from the enemy is exactly under their nose!” Elecmon whispered offended.
“Silence!” Sora whispered. “Let’s move on”.
“You see that hole?” asked Elecmon pointing at a hole on the mountain. “There’s the crest. The moment the Bakemons move away, we’ll run and seize the crest. Now!”
Unfortunately, the Bakemons heard them and surrounded them in no time.
Their leader, Phantomon, said: “Keep them here till I inform master Myotismon”.
“Myotismon?” said Sora.
“Does he mean the vampire guy?” said Ghlykeria.
“We’re done for”, murmured Elecmon.

Timewitch

6. The reactivation of the crests
“Gone? What do you mean by ‘gone’?” I shouted mad pacing left and right on the grass.
Eleni and Thespina had shrunk with fear.
“Look, after you left, Sora thought that we shouldn’t stay here doing nothing, so she went to the Primary Village”, said Thespina trembling.
“And the other three followed her”, I said.
“Calm down, Flaire. They just want to help”, said Kari.
“Anyway, we can’t afford to lose more time”, I said and boarded the boat again. “Come, Floramon, let’s go to the Primary Village”.
“OK, little monster”.
The boat was moving so quickly that Floramon clung to me so that she wouldn’t slip.
In no time, the boat reached the beach of the File Island.
“Hey, little mon, look at that inflatable boat! It must be what the girls used to come here”, said Floramon.
I disembarked quickly and moved towards the inflatable boat. “It’s wet. It can’t have been out of the water for a long time”, I said after touching it.
“Which means that the girls reached the island a little before”, said Floramon.
“Thank Heavens”, I said taking my digivice from my watch. I looked at the screen, where I could see clearly the signal of two other digivices.
“There we go with our friends” I said showing the digivice’s screen to Floramon. “Let’s follow the direction of their digivices’ signals.
We were moving quickly towards the direction the digivice showed us, when I saw something which made me stop.
“What’s going on, little monster?” Floramon asked.
I pointed at the Control Spire in disgust. “If I get my hands on Digimon Emperor…”
Yet, what Floramon saw was even worse. “Oh, my God! Is that the Primary Village?” she murmured.
“This is… This is terrible”, I said.
“Little mon, we don’t have much time”, Floramon reminded me.
We continued to walk and, after a while, we saw Sora, Ghlykeria, the two Biyomons and Elecmon surrounded by Bakemons.
“Let’s get closer”, I whispered to Floramon.
We were approaching them carefully, when we saw a Phantomon arriving.
“Master Myotismon is informed. He told me to take them to Digimon Emperor”, Phantomon told the Bakemons.
I got out of my hideout. “Not so fast! Digi Armour, energize! Digi Armour, energize! Hey, I can’t armour digivolve!” I said.
“Do you really think that someone like Digimon Emperor would do a mistake twice?” Phantomon said scornfully.
“Well, let me think… Yes!” I answered provocatively.
“You little brat! This time, the Control Spires prevent both the normal and the armour digivolution!” Phantomon said laughing.
“I can fix that”, I said taking the second White Ring from my watch. I put it on the ground and took one step backward.
“Does this mean that you quit?” said Phantomon.
“Keep dreaming!” I answered while the White Ping was turning into a Tower. The atmosphere-changing vault moved towards earth and the File Island became as it had been before.
“Digi Armour, energize! Pridemon, armour digivolve to … WarPridemon! The gemstone of pride!”
This time, the digivolution was a complete success. “Time to brush up my battle abilities!” I said.
“Go, Bakemons!” Phantomon told the Bakemons.
“Tele-transfer!” I said while the Bakemons were attacking me from everywhere. The next second, they had crushed on each other and I was flying a little above.
“You are no match for me, you pathetic little human!” said Phantomon, who was behind me. “Death scythe!”
“Energy wave!” I said stopping his attack. Phantomon fall on the ground unconscious. “Who are you calling human?” I sniggered.
“Well done, little monster! You really let them have it!” said Floramon.
“Flaire… I don’t know what to say”, said Sora.
“Don’t say anything. Just go and take the crest of love!” said Elecmon.
I de-digivolved. “So far, so good”, I said.
Sora went to a hole on Mount Infinity, took something and came back to us. In her palm, she was holding the crest of love.
“Your crest!” Ghlykeria told her.
“It’s time to go”, said Floramon.
“Why do you hurry so much?” we heard a voice coming from above.
We all raised our heads.
“That’s Myotismon!” said Elecmon.
“I’ll digivolve, then I’ll fight him and we can go!” I said.
“No, Flaire”, said Sora. “Are you ready, Biyomon?”
She nodded. Biyomon, digivolve to… Birdramon!”
“Crimson Lightning!” Myotismon attacked.
“Meteor Wing!” Birdramon attacked back.
Meanwhile, Phantomon and the Bakemons came round.
“Let’s attack together, guys”, Phantomon told the Bakemons. “Birdramon, try to digivolve!” Sora told Birdramon. She clenched her fist around her crest. The crest glowed.
“Birdramon, digivolve to… Garudamon!”
“Let it be. We’ll return with reinforcements”, said Myotismon. “You won the battle, DigiDestined, but not the war”, he said flying away.
“Why don’t you try telling us something new?” I yelled at him.
“Sora, did you see me? I managed to digivolve to Garudamon, Sora!” said Biyomon.
Sora looked at her and smiled. “As far as I can see, now that the atmosphere-changing vault changed DigiWorld, our crests ceased to protect it. Yet, every cloud has a silver lining. You and the other Digital Partners of the first DigiDestined can digivolve to ultimate level”.
As soon as Myotismon and his soldiers moved away from the File Island, Elecmon invited us to the Primary Village, so that we could eat something. After the DigiDestined and the other Digimons ate, we chatted.
“So, if you need me, you know where to find me”, said Elecmon.
“Can we go now? I’m exhausted”, I said.
“You’re right, little mon. We’d better leave little by little”, said Floramon.
Elecmon sent us off. “Good-bye, see you!”

Timewitch

7. Getting ready
The night of the same day…
“Let’s send a mail to the others so that they know that the crests are active”, said Kari.
“They’re active, but this won’t help us much, since those Control Spires are still there”, I said.
“It’s OK”, said Biyomon. “We can digivolve before going to the areas of the enemy”.
“Anyway, that trick with the prepared White Ring is really good”, said Kari.
“Indeed, but I’ve already used it twice a day. I fear that Digimon Emperor will understand it and then he’ll find a way to stop me”, I said.
“You’re overestimating him, little mon”, said Floramon. “Hey, gals, do you know why he used to be a genius?”
“Why?” Ghlykeria asked.
“Because he used both his mind and Ken’s. In this way, his IQ was their total”, said Floramon.
“You mean that he isn’t clever anymore?” Ghlykeria said.
“When was he clever?” I said.
“Then why do you think he’ll manage to stop the trick with the Rings that become Towers?” Renamon said.
“Because I’m unlucky, that’s why!”
“Nonsense”, said Thespina.
“I’m bored”, said Eleni. “Do you have any book that I can read?”
“You’ll find some in the wardrobe”, I said.
“Thanks”, said Eleni.
“Talking about books, did any of you try to read that book my sister wrote?” said Thespina.
“Which one?” I said.
“That one that when she published it you told humans about the existence of the Digimon”, said Thespina.
“I did read it”, said Ghlykeria. “I forgot it, though, as soon as Flaire told humans about Digimon. And when I tried to read it again, I didn’t manage to. Whenever I read one word, I forgot immediately all the words I had read before”, said Ghlykeria.
“You’re right. If anyone related to DigiWorld tries to read it or watch the series, they forget them the same moment.
“How is that possible?” Kari asked.
“It is, thanks to the White Ring. Eleftheria asked me to do it”, I said.
“Why?” Sora asked.
“She must have had some reasons”, said Floramon.
“What a conversation I started”, murmured Thespina. “The world is in danger and we’re talking about the crazy book of my even crazier sister”.
“Fine, let’s change the subject”, I said. “We have to find Tailmon, Rika and Renamon. I think we should start with Tailmon”.
“Thanks, Flaire”, said Kari.
“Why are you thanking me? It’s my fault that we lost her”, I said.
“That’s enough!” Sora said. “You’re helping no one by taking all responsibilities on you”.
“She’s right, little monster”, said Floramon.
“Floramon, do you remember your promise?” I told her.
“Nothing happened to me, little mon!” Floramon protested.
“Don’t take it personally, it applies to all”, I said.
“What does apply to all?” Eleni asked.
“That you should not come with me when I seek the rest of the team”, I answered. “It’s dangerous”.
“I couldn’t care less whether it’s dangerous or not”, murmured Floramon.
“What?” I said.
“Listen, little monster: We’re on one of the most dangerous missions ever assigned to the DigiDestined. We have to defeat three of our most evil enemies. We are in a world that might resemble DigiWorld, but is completely different. Under those circumstances, the last thing I could do would be not helping you”, said Floramon.
“You can’t imagine how much you’ll help me if you just stay here, so that I’m not concerned with you”, I shouted.
Floramon looked at me regretfully. “Little mon, why are you destroying our friendship?”
“I… I don’t know. I have that feeling that something’s wrong all the time. I feel so tired”, I said realizing that I had hurt her feelings.
“It’s natural to be tired; you did so many things in one single day”, said Eleni.
“Maybe you should go to sleep, Flaire”, said Kari.
“Flairie, if you’re so concerned with me I can stop going with you when you do the seeking”, said Floramon.
“Thank you, Floramon. I’m sorry I spoke to you so badly”, I told her and hugged her.
“Don’t think about it, little mon”, said Floramon.
I put her down. “Goodnight, everybody”.
“Goodnight, Flaire”.

“How on earth did she make it? She put a White Tower on two of our areas on the same day. Did your wand break down or something, kid?” Myotismon asked Digimon Emperor.
Digimon Emperor frowned at him. “My wand is in perfect condition”, he said offended.
“Indeed, but we might have underestimated Pridemon’s intelligence”, said Devimon.
“I’ll order Phantomon to describe the battle to us”, said Myotismon. “We may make some sense of the situation. DemiDevimon!”
“Yes, master”, said DemiDevimon. He entered the room shaking with fear.
“I want you to bring Phantomon here”.
“Yes, master”.
After a few minutes, DemiDevimon returned accompanied by Phantomon.
Phantomon bowed. “Did you ask for me, master Myotismon?”
“Yes. I want you to describe the brawl with Pridemon”.
Phantomon started to sweat, but tried to remain composed. “We had caught an Elecmon, two Digidestined and their Digital Partners, so I rushed to inform you. After that, I got back. I was telling my soldiers about your orders, when Pridemon showed up. She tried to digivolve, but she didn’t manage to. I told her that the Control Spires prevent both types of digivolution. Then, she conjured up a White Ring and put in on the ground. The Ring turned into a Tower. She armour digivolved and defeated us, because she caught us unawares. Then you came and fought against the Digital Partner of one of the DigiDestined. You know the rest”, he said.
“Tell me, did Pridemon cut any of her hair before leaving the Ring on the ground?” Devimon asked.
“No”, said Phantomon.
“Fine. Thank you, Phantomon. You can go”, said Devimon.
“It’s an honour for me to help”, said Phantomon. He bowed again and then he left.
“I’d better leave too”, said DemiDevimon and left.
“I think I understood what happened”, said Devimon. “Pridemon must have modified the Rings while she was at some free area. So, when it was time for her to use the White Rings, they were ready”.
“Well, she won’t manage to do the same trick ever again”, said Digimon Emperor. “From now on, the Control Spires will stop the creation of the White Towers, even if the White Rings are already modified”.
"No matter how hard you try, she’ll always defeat you”, thought Devimon.

Thespina entered the bedroom timidly.
“How is Flaire?” Thespina asked Floramon.
“Shh! She has just fallen asleep!” Floramon shouted in whispers.
“Come, we wanna talk to you”, whispered Thespina.
Floramon got out of the bedroom accompanied by Thespina. She went near the round table where the others were sitting and climbed on one of the tallest chairs. “What’s going on?”
“I’ve just mailed the DigiDestined. I explained to them what has happened so far. TK wrote that the normal part of the DigiWorld is safe and that it is being protected by the old and the new DigiDestined”, said Kari.
“What are we gonna do with Flaire?” Floramon wondered.
“From her point of view, she’s right”, said Eleni. “Maybe we should let her do what she has in mind”.
“What about us? Are going to just sit here?” Piximon said.
“It doesn’t sound that bad”, said Sora. “We can keep in touch with the others and inform them of whatever’s going on”.
“Besides, Flaire’s gonna be really tired whenever she finishes seeking”, said Kari. “That’s why she must tell us where she goes, so that some of us take the boat and bring her back, when it’s time”.
“And we’ll be ready if she needs our help”, said Ghlykeria.
“Oh, gosh, it’s midnight!” Kari said. “Let’s go to sleep”.

Timewitch

8. A panicked factory
The next day, the girls explained to Flaire what they decided.
“It’s OK, but first we must solve that trouble with the digivolution”, I said.
“Why? It’s already solved”, said Sora’s Biyomon.
“Digivolving before search is not a solution. We’ll waste too much energy”, I said. “And of course, Digimon Emperor will find a way to prevent the trick with the ready Rings very soon. So,” I continued, “regrettably, we have to find a way to digivolve without causing serious damage to Digimon Emperor. In this way, he’ll be bored to stop us”.
“And how exactly are we going to manage this?” Piximon said.
Floramon rolled her eyes up. “Using the White Rings, of course”.
“The bubble”, I murmured.
“What did you say, little monster?” Floramon asked.
“I’m thinking of changing the bubble a little, so that the Control Spires don’t prevent us from digivolving when using the bubble”.
“It’s a good idea”, said Eleni.
“And it won’t disturb Digimon Emperor, so he won’t stop us”, said Kari.
“You should organize your searches carefully, little mon”, said Floramon.
“Every day, I’ll go to various places every day. Of course, thanks to my wand I can know where I can find the others, but I prefer to search the areas of the enemy”, I said. “So, it’s time for me to start”.
“If you get tired, don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll find you through your digivice’s signal”, said Kari.
“All right, Kari. Sorry I won’t look for Tailmon”, I said.
“It’s OK. Besides, I guess she’ll be safer if we don’t find her. Digimon Emperor swore that he won’t kill any of us unless we’re found”, said Kari.
“Feel free to call us if you predict a battle”, said Floramon.
“Sure”, I answered. “Let’s get out of the house, so that we find our bearings”.
I stood with the morning sun to the right. “So, the tunnel from which we got out is in the north, the File Island is in the northwest and the island where I found Kari is in the south. Today I’m going to the east”, I decided.
“Good luck, Flaire”, said Kari.
“Thanks, Kari. I guess I’ll need it”, I said.
“How are you going to travel? Don’t forget that we agreed to keep the boat so that we can find you if needed”, said Eleni.
“In this case, I think I should armour digivolve and go by flying”, I answered. “Digi Armour, energize! Pridemon, armour digivolve to… WarPridemon! The gemstone of pride!” I opened the bubble. “If everything is fine, I’ll return tonight. If I haven’t got back till tomorrow night, come to find me”.
“See you, little mon!” Floramon said.
I got out of our protected hideout and flew towards the east. The bubble had made me invisible. Little by little, I relaxed and observed the atmosphere. And then, I noticed something really weird. In DigiWorld, everything looked bright and colorful, maybe a bit more bright and colorful than they should. On the contrary, in the area covered by the atmosphere-changing vault, everything looked hazy, as if I was watching through sunglasses. I didn’t really take notice, though, and I carried on.
After a while I started to fly above dry land; yet, I didn’t touch down, because there was just plain desert below me. But then, I saw something that caught my attention.
It was a factory, or something that looked like a factory. I landed close to that place. After that, I de-digivolved and ordered the bubble not to make me invisible.
Suddenly, I heard from behind a familiar and really, really annoying voice.
“How did you decide to honor us by your presence, Pridemon?” Digimon Emperor said.
I slapped him hard across the face. “This was for DigiWorld. Where’s Tailmon?”

At the same time, a small bus with its windows covered with bars passed close to Flaire and Digimon Emperor. I that bus, there was Tailmon, along with a lot of other Digimon.
A Bakemon trying to look through the window said: “A DigiDestined has just slapped Digimon Emperor!”
Tailmon sat up immediately and looked through the window as well. “Hey, that’s Flaire!” she said.
“Pour girl. If you think what she’s gonna go through…” murmured the Bakemon.
“Well, I feel more sorry for Digimon Emperor”, Tailmon said smiling.
“Obviously, you don’t know Digimon Emperor”
“Obviously, you don’t know Flaire”
“Digimon Emperor fights almost as if he was a Digimon!”
“Well, Flaire is a Digimon!”
“Then why doesn’t her name have the suffix –mon?”
“It’s not a name, it’s a nickname. Her real name is Pridemon”, explained Tailmon.
“Anyway, she looks like a human”, Bakemon sniggered.
“Don’t let her hear you talking like that”, said Tailmon.
“Is it just me or those two resemble each other?” said Bakemon looking at the brawl.
“Which ones? You mean Flaire and Digimon Emperor? No, not at all”, said Tailmon surprised.
“It was just a thought, forget it”.

“You don’t expect me to answer, right?” he said smiling in pain. He touched his cheek, which had a flaming red color due to the slap. “You’ll pay for this”. He clapped his fingers. Phantomon appeared, along with some Bakemons. “Try to capture her alive. I you don’t manage, then kill her!” Digimon Emperor said.
“What kind of reception committee is this? Oh, you’re not a gentleman”, I told him.
“Indeed, but I’m afraid that you are a lady”, he said. “And that’s not a place for a lady”.
“What a coincidence! I was about to tell you exactly the same thing!” I said without turning a hair while the Bakemons were surrounding me.
Digimon Emperor’s face reddened even more. “So, you’re cheeking! Arrest her!” he turned to his soldiers.
Unfortunately for him though, they were holding their bellies – they couldn’t help laughing. “Err… sorry, master, we can’t!” Phantomon said.
I benefited from the situation taking my wand from my watch and turning it into a dagger. I put its point on Digimon Emperor’s neck. “Tell them again to arrest me, if you dare!” I told him.
He frowned at me. “Some day, you’ll beg me on your knees to forgive you for this behavior”.
“Yeah, sure. Keep dreaming! All you can do is speak hot air. And the funniest thing about you is that you’re calling yourself ‘Digimon Emperor’. You’ll never rule over DigiWorld. You’re just a Dark Spore. That’s why I’ll call you ‘Spore’ from now on”, I said.
“You won’t escape! I’ll take revenge”.
“Ha! I didn’t know you’re that stupid”, I said with a bitter smile.
“What do you mean?”
“All these years I’ve stayed in the real world, having nothing to do. I was dying with boredom, without a single hope to go back to DigiWorld. Now, thanks to you, I have someone to fight, at least. And what’s more, I do have a hope to be accepted to the world I belong to, if I manage to defeat you. At worst, I’ll die heroically on some battle. As you see, your return was a real blessing to me, Spore!”
Digimon Emperor’s eyebrows met. “So, you’re trying to tell me that the best revenge would be to do nothing and let you go off in the real world”.
“Exactly. Look, my prison might have been a whole world, but it still was a prison. Instead of causing any damage to me, you actually saved me from that prison. What an irony!”
“I hate you”.
“Oh, really? Curious, I hadn’t noticed it”, I said with sarcasm.
“If I tell you where Tailmon is, will you let me go?”
“Yes”.
“She is on that bus that just passed near us”.
I jostled him hard on his soldiers. “Digi Armour, energize! Pridemon, armour digivolve to… WarPridemon! The gemstone of pride!” Then, I started to fly towards the direction of the bus.

“Master, Pridemon di-di-digivolved!” said one of the Bakemon soldiers shaking with fear.
“I’m not blind, you fool; I saw it!” Digimon Emperor said crossly. "How the heck did she digivolve? Anyway, at least she didn’t destroy any Control Spire this time", he thought.
“Shall we chase her?” Phantomon asked.
“What? Yes, of course”, answered Digimon Emperor. Then, he whistled and some Airdramons got out of the factory. He got on one of them and ordered it to follow Flaire. "This is the last time you’ll ever make a fool of me, Primemon", he thought.
“Hey, Tailmon! Flaire has digivolved and I think she’s after us”, Bakemon told Tailmon.
“Are you talking seriously?” Tailmon said looking through the window. “Hey, Flaire, here I am!” she shouted moving her paw.

I saw Tailmon yelling and greeting me. I flew as fast as I could and I reached her. I passed my right hand through the bars and caressed Tailmon’s head.
She purred. “Little monster!”
“Listen, Tailmon, I’m being chased, so I can’t save you”. I conjured up my digivice using my left hand. And then, I did a very foolish act. “Take my digivice, so that I can detect you later”.
“I cannot do such a thing, you need your digivice!” Tailmon protested.
“Take it!” I said and threw it in the ‘police’ van. Then, I landed and ordered the bubble to make me invisible. Then, I followed the direction that leaded to the Island of the Two Towers while Digimon Emperor, or, more correctly, Spore was trying to find me.

“So, that’s how things happened”, said Sora after I explained to her and the others what had taken place.
“Yes”, I answered. “Kari, I’m sorry I didn’t save Tailmon”.
“It’s OK, you had no choice. I’d like us, though, to go and save her as soon as possible”, said Kari.
“We’ll go tomorrow. Floramon, I don’t think I’ll be able to digivolve without my digivice and I can’t fight alone at this level, so I’d like you to come as well”, I said.
“Of course, little monster”, Floramon said surprised pleasantly.
“After all, did you find out what’s the purpose of that factory?” Ghlykeria asked.
“No. Yet, tomorrow that I’m going to save Tailmon I’ll check it”, I answered. “Goodnight, I’m dead tired”, I said entering the bedroom and closing the door behind me.
“Hey, wait! Oh, she’s gone!” said Ghlykeria.
“Did you wanna tell her anything important?” her Biyomon asked.
“No, I just wanted her to tell us again what she told Digimon Emperor!”

At the factory…
“At last, you arrived!” Digimon Emperor said in relief as soon as he saw Myotismon turn up.
“You’re totally incompetent! You let that girly make a fool of you!” Myotismon said instead of greeting him.
Digimon Emperor reddened slightly; yet he wasn’t really frightened. “Maybe. I look forward, though, to seeing her face when she discovers what happened to the Eighth Chosen Digimon”, he said and clapped his fingers. “Tailmon, come to say hello to your old master”.
Tailmon entered the hall. Her eyes had a strange expression. “Welcome, master Myotismon”.

Timewitch

9. Pride and Happiness
“Wake up, Flaire!” Floramon said nudging me softly to wake me up.
“Leave her alone, Floramon, she’s tired”, said Kari.
“She’s fine. Don’t worry; I know what I’m doing. I’ve been living with her for the last twenty-five years”, said Floramon.
“Fortunately!” I said opening my eyes. “Good morning, Floramon”.
“Good morning, little mon”, she answered”.
“Good morning”, said Kari”.
“I just saw a dream. And I think I had seen it a lot years before, when I first met the DigiDestined. I saw Tailmon and that factory, where I was yesterday”, I said and sat up.
“Was it a nice dream or a nightmare?” Kari asked.
“I don’t know. It felt weird-I felt happy and angry at the same time”, I said.
“Maybe you saw it because of all those that happened yesterday”, said Ghlykeria, who was sitting on her bed playing a board game with her Biyomon.
“I just told you that I had seen it before!” I said.
“It must be a coincidence”, said Kari.
“Coincidence? Do you know what kind of dream I had the day you visited me and Floramon to tell us that DigiWorld is in danger? I saw Devimon, Myotismon and Digimon Emperor talking about how they would rule over DigiWorld”, I said.
“Did you see that dream before of after Kari’s visit?” Ghlykeria asked.
“Before!” I answered.
“There’s no point in tiring your head, Flaire. Calm down. Why don’t you have some breakfast? You may think more clearly with a full stomach”, said Biyomon.
“She’s right, Flairie”, said Floramon.
“Get dressed and come to the dining room to eat with us”, said Kari.
She got up and went to the dining room, where Eleni, Renamon, Sora and her Biyomon were eating. Floramon did the same.
I put on my jean sleeveless vest that had a black collar and my cinnamon half-boots.
“How can you sleep wearing your jeans?” Ghlykeria asked.
“I find it boring to put them on and off. Besides, I have "enchanted" all my clothes, so that they don’t need cleaning”.
“You’re mad”, said Ghlykeria.
“Indeed”, I answered. "How can I possibly not be mad when I’ve passed almost my whole life in a world I don’t belong to?" I thought while I was going to the dining room. I took a bowl filled with digital dust and started picking at it. I forced myself to eat; I needed all the power I could have.
We heard a knock at the door. Piximon and Thespina entered the room. “The weather is awful out there. It’s raining cats and dogs”, said Thespina.
“You’d better not go now”, said Piximon.
“I don’t believe it!” I said hitting the table with my thump.
“It’s OK”, Kari sighed. “We’ll save Tailmon later”.
“I’m going now!” I said stubbornly.
“Flaire, I don’t think getting yourself drown during the rainstorm is gonna help Tailmon”, said Kari.
“Kari’s right”, said Floramon.
I stood up in fury and got out of the house. Then I sat on the doorstep, in the rain, while I was staring at my double crest. "The crest of pride and the crest of happiness", I thought. "Yes, I’m proud. I proud of my being a good fighter, I’m proud of my friends, I’m proud for the nice effect of my decision to reveal the DigiWorld to humans. Yeah, I’m proud. But what about happiness?” I wondered. Suddenly, my point of view changed. "Hey, wait a minute! I escaped, even for a little while, from the human world. I have the chance to help my dear DigiWorld and win my living there. I also have my dearest friends… I won’t let a stupid rainstorm ruin my day!"

Some hours later, the rainstorm died down. Kari, Floramon and I boarded on the boat. The rest said goodbye to us.
“Bye, be careful!” Eleni said.
“Bye!”
“Kari, hand me your D3, so that we know where to go”, I said after we had sailed to the east for a while.
“Here you go”.

When we reached dry land, it was evening already. I made one bubble cover the boat so that it was invisible and immaterial till we came back. Then we walked through a pinewood following the signal on the screen of Kari’s digivice. After a while, we stood before a pile that looked like a hotel.
“Flaire, your digivice’s signal comes from that very place”, said Kari pointing at the hotel.
“Let’s go”, I sighed. “It’s dangerous, but we have no other choice”.
Kari and Floramon agreed silently. We moved towards the hotel. I took a deep breath and entered the building.
We were in a reception room. Behind a table, there was sitting a Bakemon. Without knowing why, I thought we might have met before.
“Can I help you?” Bakemon asked.
“Erm… maybe. Could you let me know if there’s here some Tailmon?” I asked.
“Hey, I remember you!” Bakemon said. “You’re that mad girl who slapped Digimon Emperor! Tailmon told me to give you your digivice”, he said opening a drawer, “we were co-prisoners”. He took something from the drawer and put it on the table.
“Hey, that’s my digivice!” I said and reached for it.
Bakemon, though, took it quickly and put it back in the drawer. “Not before I make sure that you’re not any disguised agent of the Catastrophe Trio”.
“The Catastrophe Trio?” Floramon said.
“I mean Myotismon, Devimon and Digimon Emperor. I decided to call them like that. Why does it matter?” Bakemon said.
“It doesn’t”, Floramon said uneasily.
“Were we agents of these three, don’t you think we could have come accompanied by an army?” I asked Bakemon.
“Yes, but then I could give you a fake digivice instead of the real one”, said Bakemon.
“I really doubt that you managed to make a whole fake digivice while you were in prison”, I said.
“That’s not the point”, said Bakemon.
“What happened to Tailmon?” Kari asked worried.
Bakemon looked at Kari carefully. “If you have disguised so that you look like Kari, then you already know the reason. If you really are Kari, you don’t want to know”.
“How do you know who I am?” Kari asked.
“Tailmon has described you”, Bakemon answered. Then, he turned to me. “I cannot give you the digivice. Tailmon said that Flaire has the Crests of Pride and Happiness. How is that possible? You look proud, but you are overflowing with sadness. It’s hardly likely that you are Flaire Pridemon!”
Kari and Floramon laughed uneasily. “I don’t believe what’s going on. Why does Flaire to prove to that fool that she is Flaire?” Floramon whispered to Kari.
“The Crest of Happiness is not entirely mine”, I said. “Actually, it’s not even mine. Eleftheria, my human self, is its real possessor.
“Correct! I was testing you. Another question”, said Bakemon. “What’s time-magic?”
“That’s how Eleftheria named the human ability of influencing the luck through willpower. She herself was quite skilful at doing that, so I was often calling her witchie or timewitch. Anyway, time-magic has nothing to do with magic. It’s natural for the humans”.
“Correct”.
“Now you’re going to give me my digivice?” I asked.
“One more question, just to make sure”, said Bakemon. “What’s the name of your Champion Level form?”
“MagicPridemon”.
“Correct. I’ll give you the digivice. Tailmon told me to ask you these things. I don’t understand, though, why she told me to ask you the third question”, said Bakemon putting my digivice on the table.
“It’s simple”, I said taking my digivice, “I used almost always the Armour digivolution instead of the normal one, so our enemies don’t even know I can have that form. Now, tell us, what happened to Tailmon?”
“Some time, when we were in jail, one of the guards told us that Digimon Emperor had arrived. Then Tailmon gave me Flaire’s digivice and told me what to ask her. She finished telling me just on time: the moment she finished, they took her. I dunno what happened to her after that”.
“If I find Digimon Emperor, I’ll make him pay!” I said.
“And what role did you play in all these?” Floramon asked Bakemon. “Why did they put you in jail and, what’s more, why did they release you?”
“I stole food from this very hotel. That’s why they put me in jail and now I am assigned the reception of the customers, as an additional punishment”.
“And why did you help Tailmon?” Floramon asked.
“Listen, I’m not on any side; I just want this stupid war to end, so that my life comes back to normal”, said Bakemon. He turned to me. “The fault is entirely yours. What did you do to Digimon Emperor that made him return?”
“Would you prefer me to do nothing but just watch him destroying DigiWorld?” I said. “By the way, what are the plans of the Catastrophe Trio for DigiWorld? Is this hotel a real one? And that factory where I slapped Digimon Emperor, what does it produce?”
“The situation is pretty weird. All Digimons wearing the White Ring are put in jail”, said Bakemon.
“What?” I interrupted him.
“The rest of the Digimons”, he went on, “live semi-normally, at least the ones who don’t resist. As for those who resist, they capture them with the Dark Rings and make them their slaves. This hotel is a real hotel. The factory produces various things, from Dark Rings to furniture”.
“Thanks, Bakemon. Good-bye”, I said and turned to the door.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps from behind, footsteps that sounded different from Kari’s and Floramon’s.
“What’s going on here? Is everything OK, Bakemon?” I heard Phantomon’s voice coming from behind. “Hey, what are you doing here?”
Floramon stood before me and Kari. I pulled Kari’s hand and started to move towards the door.
“You’re not going anywhere!” said Phantomon pointing at the door with his hand. The door closed and we heard the characteristic click we hear when a door is being locked.
Phantomon, being sure we could not escape, picked the receiver of the phone that was on Bakemon’s desk and pressed some buttons.
“Master, I’m in area X7. Could you come?”
“I can’t. What’s going on, Phantomon?” I heard Digimon Emperor’s voice coming from the receiver.
“It’s nothing to worry about. Do you know where I can find master Myotismon?”
“He’s with me. Why don’t you call Devimon? I think he is in area X7 right now”, said Digimon Emperor.
“I used to think that master Devimon doesn’t want to fight”, said Phantomon.
“Why should he fight? Is any battle taking place or something?”
“What? No, it’s OK”, said Phantomon and put the receiver back on the phone. Bakemon had leaved his desk, but Phantomon didn’t notice. He noticed us trying to open the door.
“There’s no use”, murmured Phantomon and picked up again the receiver. “Hello, master Devimon, could you come the hotel of area X7? Oh, perfect. I’m waiting for you.” He looked at us while Floramon was hitting the lock. “Quit, there’s no point trying to escape. Master Devimon will be here any time now”.
Suddenly, we heard a strong knock on the door.
“Oh, he’s already arrived”, said Phantomon. He raised his hand and the door opened knocking Floramon on the floor. In the doorway, though, there wasn’t standing Devimon, but…
“Bakemon!” Floramon said. He helped her to stand up immediately. He looked at me and Kari. “Let’s go, what are you waiting for?” he said. Before Phantomon could understand what had just happened, we had run out of the building.
“This way, I know a nice place to hide…” said Bakemon leading us behind a clump of bushes.
“Are you calling this a nice place to hide?” Floramon whispered.
“Shh!” the three of us told her.
A cold wind began to blow.
Kari started to tremble. “Darkness”, she whispered, “I sense darkness”.
We heard footsteps on the path that leaded to the door.
Floramon looked stealthily through the bushed. “It’s Devimon!” she whispered.
“There’s no chance we escape without a battle”, I whispered. I took the bubble from my watch and tried to activate it.
“Why did you call me, Phantomon?” Devimon asked.
“Master, Pridemon was here just a minute before!” Phantomon said.
Devimon stood silent for a few bloodcurdling seconds that seemed to us as if they were eons. “Indeed. I can almost sense her presence”, he said.
I managed to activate the bubble. I stood up. “Digi Armour, energize! Pridemon, armour digivolve to… WarPridemon! The gemstone of pride!” I flew above the clump of the bushes. Devimon saw me.
“Go!” I told the other thee. They started to run towards the exit of the pile. I landed in front of Devimon.
“Why are you sacrificing yourselves for these fools?” he asked me.
“Firstly, they’re not fools”, I said. “And secondly, I’m not sacrificing myself. You can’t be a considerable opponent, since you’re afraid to fight. By the way, why are you afraid to fight?”
“Believe me, lass”, said Devimon, “You don’t want to know”.
“Maybe. Ice lightning!” I attacked him. My attack imprisoned him into an ice column. I flew towards the exit. Phantomon followed me, but not for long. “Energy wave!” My attack made him fall unconscious into the water of a swimming pool. I found the three others. Floramon, Kari and I said good-bye to Bakemon and came back to the Island of the Two Towers.

Timewitch

10. Wand and sheet
“You’re her pet; Not her mommy!” spoke a voice. “So quit claiming her. She stays where she belongs!”
“She’s your creation; not your property. She’ll never truly be on your side if you don’t let her choose freely!” said Floramon’s voice.
“I’m the one who shall judge that. You know where’s the exit or you want me to show it to you?” said the other voice.
“At least, lemme talk to her! Flaire, are you OK?
Flaire!” Yet, the voice that shouted my name the last time was Kari’s; not Floramon’s.
“Let her sleep a bit more; She needs it!” Floramon said smoothly.
Being in a condition between sleep and awakeness, I decided to continue my nap instead of waking up. So I forgot completely that strange, non-visional dream. Of course, when I realized that, I lost my temper.
“But why didn’t you wake me up that very moment? I told Kari and Floramon angrily. “That dream was important and I FORGOT IT!”
Kari stared at the floor uneasily and Floramon smiled slyly, knowing I was angry with myself and not with them.
“Little mon, don’t worry so much. You’re watching those dreams because you’re under great pressure. Don’t take them too seriously, you’re being overwhelming”
“Just overwhelming? She’s also being very, very boring”, said Ghlykeria.
“Am I boring? OK, there’s no reason to bore you more. I’m going to find Tailmon. And no, Floramon, I’m not taking you with me”, I said warningly when I saw the happy expression her eyes took. I bit my lips. I didn’t like destroying her joy. I knew, though, that I liked way less the possibility of her being killed in battle. “Hey, Floramon, I need you alive. I can survive during war, but not during peace. At least not without you”. She smiled in order to pretend that it was OK. “Don’t expect me to be home for dinner”, I said making Ghlykeria’s Biyomon laugh slightly. “I have no clues about where and how to search. Thus, I’ll be late. Tell that to the others”.
“Fine, little monster. Good luck”, Floramon said and hugged me.
I Armor digivolved and then I flew towards the veil of the atmosphere-changing vault. Suddenly, something weird happened. While I was approaching the veil, it started to move and when I tried to pass through it, I felt that I was hit by a wave. I opened my eyes to find that I wasn’t outside the Island of the Two Towers, but in a room that looked like a storage room.
“Someone wanted me to come here”, I thought. “Someone able to control the vault”. I stood up and opened the door, which creaked a little. I stepped out of the storage room and got into a corridor. I stood uncertain, but I went again in the storage room; I didn’t want anyone to see me.
I stared at my reflection in a mirror. “Maybe I should gain some weight. The girls are right; I’m too skinny indeed”. Then, I took a look at my clothes. I was wearing a white, polo neck blouse, a pair of pale blue-colored jeans and a sleeveless jacket which had the same color as my jeans. Its collar, though, was made of black velvet. I had a lilac backpack which was hanging of my right shoulder. I was also wearing a pair of cinnamon, low-heeled half boots. My hair, which almost reaching my brachium, was clipped by a big, white cue.
I opened my backpack and took out something that looked like an old sheet. “A Bakemon costume always might be kinda useful”, I thought. The sheet was quite long, but I made my half boots and my jeans white with the help of my wand, just to be on the safe side. The white coloring would disappear when I would stop wearing the sheet.
I looked at my reflection in the mirror again. “I look exactly like a Bakemon”, I thought satisfied. I got out of the storage room and moved towards the direction I heard the most voices.
Walking, I arrived at a cooking room where two Bakemons were having a conversation.
“Hi, pal. Are you the new one?” asked one of them.
“I think so”, I answered.
“Fine. Miss Tailmon said that we should prepare the meal quickly,n because Digimon Emperor and master Myotismon are here for a while”, said the other Bakemon.
“Wait, did you say Tailmon? Isn’t that the name of a Chosen Digimon?” I asked.
“We’re talking about the same Tailmon. It is rumored that Digimon Emperor put a spell on her so that she would join his side” said the Bakemon.
“I see. And, by the way, where is his highness the Digimon Emperor?” I asked.
“Why are you asking?” asked the Bakemon who had spoken first.
“I wanna see with my own eyes the legendary Dark D-3” I said.
“If so”, said the other Bakemon, “we’ll prepare the meal and you’ll take it to him. The trolley for the food has a special signal that will lead you to his room”.
“Fine I said and sat on a chair while the Bakemons were struggling to cook the food.
“Here you go!” said the Bakemons and put the food on the special trolley. I took it and then I let the signal lead me.
“Poor Bakemons” I thought. “They’re putting so much effort to cook well for someone who isn’t worth living”
Then, I reached the place the signal led me. It was a door. While I was preparing to knock, I heard someone to cough behind me. I turned and I saw Digimon Emperor.
“The meal should have been brought earlier. I hope it was worth waiting”, he said scornfully.
I dropped the sheet and put my wand on his neck. “Surprise!” I said.
“How did you come here?” he asked scared.
“I have the same question, but I really doubt that you can give me an answer” I said and opened the door of his room. “Ladies first” I said pointing at the door. He frowned at me, but he didn’t dare to resist; his experience of what my wand was capable of wasn’t exactly pleasant.
“Devimon and Myotismon will go mad if they find out that you’re here” said Digimon Emperor.
I smiled provocatively. “That’s exactly what I intend, Spore”

Timewitch

11. Finding Tailmon
I looked through the window that was in Digimon Emperor’s room.
“Nice view you have here” I said loosely.
“You’re insane” said Digimon Emperor.
“You’re accusing me of something you have at a bigger extent than me”, I said. “Can you guess why I’m here, Spore?” I asked him.
“You came to murder me” he answered defensively.
“As if I don’t have more serious things to do! To your information, Spore, I kill my enemies fairly and squarely during the battles. You might be treacherous but not all living creatures are like that” I said. “I came to find Tailmon. I’ve heard that you’ve bewitched her so that she would join your side, although you had sworn that you wouldn’t harm any of my friends”.
“In that point, you’re wrong, Pridemon” said Digimon Emperor with a sly smile on his lips. “I’m terribly sorry to tell you, but my vow was that I wouldn’t harm any of your friends until you would find them. And if I remember well, you’ve already had a brief contact with Tailmon. So, I have the right even to kill her, if I want to”.
I bit my lips impulsively as Eleftheria, my human self, would. “For one time in your life you’re right, Spore” I admitted.
“I’m always right; very few understand it though. And in order to show you that I’m not the monster you want to believe that I am, I can arrange for you another brief contact with Tailmon”, said Digimon Emperor. “Although I doubt that you’ll have any desire to save her if you see her condition”, he sighed stagily.
I grabbed him by his collar. “You worm! What did you do to her?” I shouted.
“If you wish to know, you’d better let go of me” he said.
I threw him on the floor. “Ask her to come here”
“As you wish” said Digimon Emperor smiling strangely. He stood up, then sat on his bed and picked the earpiece of the phone on his commode.
I gripped my wand tightly.
“Hey, Tailmon? Yeah, it’s me. Come to my room” said Digimon Emperor and put the earpiece back. “She’s coming” he told me.
I put the point of my wand on his neck. “If you’re setting a trap, you’ll wish you were dead, Spore”, I told him.
Before he could answer we heard a knock on the door. The door opened and Tailmon appeared on its threshold.
“Here I am, master” she told Digimon Emperor and bowed. She noticed me though during the bow, so the surprise made her lose her balance and her bow became a tumble.
“What are you doing here, Pridemon?” Tailmon asked me angrily while she was standing up.
“Tailmon, what’s wrong with you? Are you all right?” I asked her astonished.
“Never been better. I had found my old self, my old master… everything was perfect until the moment I saw you!” she told me. “Please, master, make her leave or put her into the jail!” Tailmon told Digimon Emperor.
“It’s not that easy” Digimon Emperor told her pointing at my wand, which was still laying on his neck.
“Hey, Pridemon”, said Tailmon, “look at my eyes”.
I looked at her eyes, without understanding why she asked me to do so.
“Cat’s Eye Hypnotism!” said Tailmon; her eyes shining with a lilac twinkle. I felt dizzy and sleepy. I felt my eyelids heavy despite myself. I commanded my wand mentally to disappear in my watch.
“Thanks heaps, you saved me!” I heard Digimon Emperor telling Tailmon before I lost my senses.

I woke up in a cell which was in the end of a corridor. At the right side of the corridor there were other cells, whereas at the left there were windows, so it wasn’t too dark.
I stood up and gripped the bars. “Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyy! Is anybody there?” I shouted.
I heard steps coming from the other end of the corridor. A lanky, black figure was coming towards my cell. It was Devimon.
“Just when I was wondering how much time you would need to wake up. So, what did bring you to our place, Pridemon?” asked Devimon when he stepped in front of my cell’s bars.
“You tell me. When I was about to pass through the atmosphere changing vault, instead of flying above the sea I found myself in a storage room. And this room, completely coincidentally, is part of the place where I could find Tailmon, who I was looking for. And I actually found her, but when she saw me she got angry and she was calling Digimon Emperor "master". What the heck is going on?” I asked tightening my grip on the bars.
Devimon smiled half-closing his red, pupilless eyes.
‘Something of all these is planned by him’ I thought. ‘But what?’
“You’re right, I brought you here”, said Devimon.
I looked at him startled.
“Yeah, I was reading your thoughts. You know something? You could read my thoughts too”. He bended towards me. “I could teach you… if you joined us”.
I couldn’t help smiling. “Are you kidding?”
“Not at all. That’s why I borrowed Digimon Emperor’s Dark Wand and used it to make some changes to the atmosphere changing vault”, said Devimon.
“Talking about Digimon Emperor, what did he do to Tailmon?” I asked.
“Let’s say that… Tailmon’s personality… was partly reversed. It isn’t anything permanent, though. Digimon Emperor did it using the Dark Wand. The Dark Wand can undo anything it has caused», Devimon explained. “Digimon Emperor isn’t acting very clever; It’s foolish to rely so much on something so unreliable such as the Dark Wand” said Devimon and put his hand on my shoulder. “Between you and me, the kid is completely useless. He’s no match for you. So, what do you think?”
I pulled away. “Are you mad? Do you think I could ever betray my friends?”
Devimon snorted scornfully. “Nice friends! They didn’t even complain when Azulongmon banished you”.
“As the saying goes: Love your friends along with their faults”, I answered.
Devimon revealed something and put it on a window’s sill. It was the Dark Wand. “Yes, it’s the Dark Wand. I’m leaving it here. It depends on you whether you’re going to benefit from the situation or not”, he said and left.
I stared at the Dark Wand. ‘If I manage to take it then I might save Tailmon’ I thought. ‘But how can I possibly take the Dark Wand? If only I could use my wand… Hey! Digimon Emperor doesn’t have his wand… so I can use mine!’
I made my wand appear in my hand. I used it to lift and take the Dark Wand. After I got it, I hid it behind me and started to scream “Tailmon! I need to talk to you, Tailmon!”
After about one minute I saw a tiny, white figure running towards my cell.
“Why are you screaming like that, Pridemon? What do you want?” asked Tailmon.
I pointed at her with the Dark Wand. “That!” I said. A ray coming from the Dark Wand hit Tailmon. She blinked.
“Flaire, why are you holding the Dark Wand? Throw it away immediately!” said Tailmon.
I threw the Dark Wand on the wall. I passed my hands through the bars and then I caressed Tailmon’s head. “I’m so happy you’re yourself again!” I said.
“So am I” she answered. “I’m going to get the cell’s key so that we can go. Wait here for me” she said and left.
“Do I have a choice?” I murmured.
I waited for a while, but Tailmon didn’t appear.
I saw Digimon Emperor heading towards me. “What the heck do you want?” I asked aggressively.
“I was just curious to see how different you would be behind the bars of a cell and unable to use the White Ring. Such a waste of time! You’re as rude as always” said Digimon Emperor.
“Hey, Flaire, I found the key!” I heard Tailmon shouting from the other side of the corridor.
Digimon Emperor looked at her astonished. Then he saw the Dark Wand on my cell’s floor. “What the…” he said. I gave him a punch on the head.
Tailmon threw the key to me. I unlocked the door. Tailmon pulled my hand and we both started to run.
“Wait… the Dark Wand…” I whispered.
“Too late” said Tailmon. Digimon Emperor had already gotten his hands on the Dark Wand.

Timewitch

12. Flaire Pridemon’s magical powers
“It can’t be… He took the wand!” I said. Digimon Emperor was holding the Dark Wand and I could do nothing but watch.
“Run, Flaire, we’re in danger!” said Tailmon. “This way!” she said and led the way to a narrow corridor. Before I could notice, we were out of the building.
“Hey, wait… how did we manage to get out so quickly?” I asked.
“Secret exit” Tailmon said pumped. “Let’s go before they find out that we just used it”
We continued to run. I took a false step and fell onto the ground. “Go, Tailmon”, I said, “I can’t continue”.
“Why? You aren’t injured” said Tailmon.
“I can’t. From the very moment I saw Digimon Emperor holding the Dark Wand I feel…”
“As if you’re not yourself” Tailmon sighed.
“How do you know?” I said intrigued.
“This isn’t the right moment to explain. Get up, I’ll lead us to the sea and then we’ll figure out what to do”.
I got up with difficulty and then we continued running.
‘Floramon… If only you were here with me’ I thought. I didn’t want to admit it, but I wished I had taken her with me.
“Flaire, watch out!” Tailmon said throwing me to the ground. A huge sphere made of fire had just struck the place I was standing on a moment before. I looked at the direction the sphere had come from and I saw Digimon Emperor on an Airdramon.
“Where do you think you’re going?” said Digimon Emperor.
“None of your business!” I said.
“That’s the Flaire I know!” Tailmon sighed with relief.
“You’ve escaped from me many times, Pridemon, but this is gonna be the last one. And unfortunately, you’re gonna be the cause to Tailmon’s misfortune as well. You shouldn’t have broken the spell. You could have let her live being my servant” said Digimon Emperor.
“I’d rather die!” said Tailmon.
“You asked for it. Airdramon, attack!” said Digimon Emperor.
Another huge sphere made of fire headed towards us. This time though we wouldn’t manage to dodge it. The time seemed to move too slowly. Tree seconds till the end… Two… I closed my eyes trying to turn away the sphere with my mind. ‘What a nonsense I’m doing! There’s no way I could possibly stop the sphere with my mind’ I thought waiting for the end to come. I felt nothing.
“What the…” said Digimon Emperor while the sphere headed towards him. The Airdramon hardly dodged it.
“Flaire, did you do that?” Tailmon asked.
“I don’t know” I said looking at my hands. My glance though fell on… my wand! ‘I can use it!’ I thought happily. I drew it.
“Energy ray!” I attacked the Airdramon with my wand. Yet, the Airdramon was too quick for me.
“You won’t defeat me so easily” said Digimon Emperor.
“The same goes with you!” I said. Using my wand, I created an energy field around me which would block the effect of the Control Spires, since I couldn’t use the Bubble. “Digi Armour, energize! Pridemon, armour digivolve to… WarPridemon! The gemstone of pride!”
“Energy wave!” I attacked the Airdramon. This time, my attack was successful.
“Take me down” Digimon Emperor ordered the Airdramon.
The Airdramon, after taking down its master, threw again a pyro sphere to me, but I dodged it easily. The sphere though started to move towards Tailmon.
“Energy field!” I said concentrating my energy around Tailmon. The field blocked the sphere, but it didn’t do only that.
“Hey, little monster, I think I can armor digivolve too!” Tailmon told me.
“Do you think so? Well, we have nothing to lose by trying… Digi Armour, energize!” I said.
“Tailmon, armour digivolve to… Nefertimon, The Angel of Light!” Nefertimon said and prepared to attack.
“But how did you make her digivolve…” Digimon Emperor whispered. “Oh, I remember now, the feline is your second Digital Partner", he said smiling.
“You remember well” I said.
“Flaire, let’s attack together!” said Nefertimon.
“OK!” I said. “Ice lightning!”
“Rosetta Stone!” said Nefertimon.
Our attacks broke Airdramon’s Dark Ring.
“See you later, Spore!” I told Digimon Emperor while Nefertimon and I were flying towards the sea.

At a moment during flying, I felt terribly tired. “Nefertimon, I don’t think I can carry on for long…” I said.
“Are you tired?” On my back, quickly!” Nefertimon said.
The very moment I got on Nefertimon’s back I de-digivolved.
“That was close! If you hadn’t got on immediately, you would have fallen onto the ground!” said Nefertimon. “We still are in trouble. Any moment now we’ll be above the sea… and I’ve already started to feel tired… Oh my God! What are Kari and Floramon doing here?” Nefertimon shouted.
“What happened?” I asked and looked towards the ground. I saw that we were approaching the sea. There was a boat on the beach… along with Kari, Floramon, Sora and Biyomon.
Nefertimon landed and de-digivolved.
“Tailmon!” Kari shouted happily and embraced Tailmon.
“Little monster!” said Floramon and hugged me.
“How did you know that I needed you?” I asked her.
Floramon peered at me. “I don’t know, little mon. I felt that you needed me, so I convinced the girls that we should come for you. Tell me, are you OK? Hey… you’re trembling! What happened, little mon?” she asked me anxiously.
“She touched the Dark Wand” said Tailmon. “She shouldn’t have done so. The Dark Wand gave her some weird powers. Thus, we managed to digivolve despite the presence of the Control Spires. Flaire managed to create for a little while an energy field, where we could digivolve. Of course, this required huge amounts of energy” she explained. She turned to me. “Flaire, the Dark Wand gives powers without requiring energy to only one person: The Digimon Emperor”.
I didn’t speak; I was too tired to answer. I wondered whether Devimon lost energy too when he used the Dark Wand.
“We’d better go to the Island of the Two Towers” said Sora. “If Flaire did lose as much energy as Tailmon said, then she urgently needs sleep and food”.
Normal food” Biyomon added almost threatingly.
We boarded to the boat and the boat started to move.
“Flaire, why did you touch the Dark Wand?” asked Kari.
“Because she wanted to save me” Tailmon said lowering her head and ears. “Digimon Emperor had bewitched me so that I would obey him, so Flaire used the Dark Wand to break the spell”
“Flaire, why?” Kari asked.
I smiled wearily. “I promised that I would bring her to you and I did so”.

Timewitch

13. Trap in the pinewood
“Hey, Myotismon? Yeah, it’s me. Tailmon has escaped. Pridemon came here and broke the spell. Yeah, we had imprisoned her. No, she didn’t break her cell’s door. Do you want to know how she escaped? Someone had given her the Dark Wand. That’s how she broke the spell on Tailmon. Then, the feline gave Pridemon the keys and they both got out of the building. Yes, I chased them, but they digivolved. Don’t ask how, I have no idea how they managed to. By the way, do you happen to know who could have possibly given Pridemon the Dark Wand? No, I’m not accusing you of doing it; I’m just asking whether you know something or not. OK. Could I ask you a favour? There’s a strong possibility that Pridemon and Tailmon will come close to the pinewood in order to go to their base. Could you try to capture them? I don’t care about what you’re gonna do with Tailmon; I don’t give a darn. What I want you to do is bringing Pridemon to me alive. Can you do that? Thanks heaps” said Digimon Emperor and put the earpiece back.
“What did Myotismon say?” Devimon asked.
“He accepted; he’ll try to capture Pridemon. He doesn’t know how Pridemon got her hands on the Dark Wand either” Digimon Emperor answered. “I wonder how she managed to” he sighed.
“Me too” said Devimon. His voice had a slightly taunting tone.

Myotismon banged the earpiece to the phone.
“Master, why are you so angry?” DemiDevimon asked Myotismon.
“It’s because of Digimon Emperor… he let Pridemon escape again. And this time she took Tailmon with her. He asked me to capture them on behalf of him” said Myotismon. “He wants us to bring Pridemon to him alive”.
“What about Tailmon?” DemiDevimon asked.
“You can have the honor of killing her” said Myotismon.
DemiDevimon was delighted. “Thank you so much master!”

“Hey, little mon, I forgot to tell you; I brought with me some digital dust” Floramon said waking me up.
“What happened? Did we arrive to the Island?” I muttered.
“Not yet, we have a long way ahead of us” said Floramon. “We still are in the boat”.
I looked around. At the left I could see the sun going down into the sea, whereas at the right I could see a piece of dry land.
I sat up. “Floramon, you just mentioned something about digital dust” I told Floramon.
“Here you go, little monster” said Floramon.
Biyomon sighed. “It would be better if you ate some kind of normal food” she told me.
“She’ll eat when we arrive to the Island” said Floramon. “Is that right, Flaire?”
“It isn’t necessary, I’ve had enough” I said. Thanks to sleep and digital dust, my battle fatigue had disappeared.
“Hey, I remember that place!” Tailmon said suddenly pointing to the dry land at the right. “It’s the pinewood. If I remember well, we can find out there a lot about our enemies’ secrets! Shall we go to explore it for a little while?”
“Not now, Tailmon!” said Kari. “Both you and Flaire are tired. Let’s go to the island so that you can get some rest and we may go tomorrow!”
“To tell you the truth, I don’t feel tired at all” I said.
“Really? Then we can go even now!” said Tailmon.
“You’re kidding!” Floramon said.
“Not at all” said Tailmon. “If you don’t like the idea, then we’ll go on our own”.
“Wait… You can’t go” said Kari.
“Please, let us go!” I begged Kari and Floramon.
“Why are you insisting so much?” asked Sora. “You may go tomorrow”.
Tailmon and I looked at each other intrigued. Really, why were we insisting so much? I was almost worried. ‘Why are we acting so stubborn?’ I wondered. ‘Could our enemies be influencing our minds so that we fall into one of their traps?’
“Well, I’m really angry with them for using me and I want to cause them as much trouble as I can” said Tailmon. “Besides, since we already had a battle with them today, I bet that it’s gonna be a surprise for them if we go today”.
I calmed down. The reasons Tailmon had just mentioned were more than enough to explain her tenaciousness.

“Hey, Master, the plan’s working perfectly!” DemiDevimon told Myotismon.
They both were in the pinewood, in front of a cave.
“Glad to hear it” said Myotismon. “Although I’m fed up of getting Digimon Emperor off the hook. The funniest is that he’s expecting us to bring Pridemon to him alive”.
“It won’t be that hard. If we manage to capture Tailmon, Pridemon will do anything we ask” said DemiDevimon. “Anyways, it seems strange to me that you managed to influence their minds so easily”.
“They both had touched the Dark Wand only an hour ago. That’s why they both are vulnerable to the powers of Darkness. Everything’s going on according to the plan, right?” Myotismon asked DemiDevimon.
“I already told you, master. There’s nothing to worry about!” DemiDevimon laughed.

“It’ll take us long to go to the pinewood and leave you there” Biyomon complained.
“No problem” I said. I took the Bubble, the backpack and my wand out my watch. “This time I won’t have to create an energy field in order to digivolve” I said activating the Bubble, which winded me and then it became invisible. “Well, Tailmon, we’ll go using the wand. It will lift us so that we’ll hover a little above the sea. This way, we’ll manage to go to the pinewood without a boat”.
“That’s great!” said Tailmon. “It reminds me of the times I was flying with Wizardmon” she said quite sadly.
I embraced and caressed her. “It’s not the right time to remember. Let’s go. Hang on my backpack”.
“OK” Tailmon said and smiled. “Bye, Kari”.
“See you. Be careful” Kari told her.
“Little monster, shall I come along?” said Floramon.
“It will be better if you don’t. If there are too many of us we’ll get noticed easily” I said. “Bye!”
“Good-bye, little mon!” said Floramon. ‘It’s understandable that she prefers Tailmon when it comes to such things. She fights a lot better than me’ Floramon thought trying to calm herself. Au fond though she felt jealous and very wronged that Flaire never took her along on missions.

After about five minutes we have reached the coast in front of the pinewood. Tailmon got down of my backpack.
“Which direction shall we follow?” I asked her.
Before Tailmon could possibly answer, I felt something like a hit on my back. I fell on the ground and saw DemiDevimon flying towards the forest holding my backpack.
“Give it back!” I shouted.
“Come to take it!” DemiDevimon said flying faster. We lost sight of him, but we started running towards the direction he seemed to follow.
‘How on earth did he know that we would come?’ Tailmon wondered.
We continued running for a long time, but after a while we stopped.
“I think we’re lost” I said short of breath.
“Are you looking for me?” DemiDevimon appeared.
“You got it. Lightning paw!” Tailmon attacking DemiDevimon.
“Hey, take it easy!” said DemiDevimon. “If you wish her to find her backpack” he said pointing at me.
“Where the heck did you take it?” I asked with fury. Under other circumstances I wouldn’t care about the backpack. In the backpack though there was my digivice.
“Patience, Pridemon! Even though, from what I’ve heard, patience isn’t among your virtues” said DemiDevimon.

Myotismon was watching the whole scene hidden between some trees. ‘Perfect’ he thought. ‘If things continue to be that favorable for us, by this night Tailmon will be dead and Pridemon will be our prisoner’.

Timewitch

14. A dark game
“What you’ve heard is right!” I said pointing at DemiDevimon with my wand. “Tell us where the backpack is!”
“Well, I don’t know where the backpack is” said DemiDevimon.
Both Tailmon and I looked at him surprised.
“Master Myotismon knows where the backpack is. What I know is how you can find it” DemiDevimon said smiling slyly.
“Then what are you waiting for, you plucked bat? Tell us how the heck we can find it!” I said grabbing DemiDevimon’s wing.
“You have to move this way” Demidevimon pointed. “You’ll find a cave which is separated in two tunnels. One of you will enter the one tunnel and the other will enter the other. In the end of one of the tunnels you’ll find the backpack” said DemiDevimon. “Could you let go of my wing, please?” he asked me.
“Sure” I said and released him. Then I realized something. “Yuk! I touched DemiDevimon! Tailmon, remind me to wash my hand as soon as possible!” I said.
DemiDevimon half-closed his eyes. “You’d better start; you have only one hour to find the backpack” he said and left.
“Let’s go, Tailmon!” I said and started to run towards the direction DemiDevimon showed us.
We arrived in front of the cave.
“Well, where shall we go?” Tailmon asked. Suddenly, she raised her nose. “Hey, I smell fish in the tunnel at the left!” she said. “So, I’m going this way” she said entering the tunnel.
“Fine” I said entering the tunnel at the right. Of course, it was really dark, so I turned my wand into a flashlight. While I was walking, I heard voices.
“Master Myotismon ordered us to take to him anyone who passes from this place” said a voice. A bunch of Numemons appeared in front of me.
I started to laugh. “Are you gonna take me to Myotismon? I’m terribly sorry, but I really doubt it” I said activating the bubble so that it would protect me from their attack.
“Dirt attack!” they said attacking me together. Yet, the bubble worked like a shield, stopping all the attacks.
I spun my wand with my fingers. “It’s my turn now. Energy ray!” I attacked. The Numemons scampered.
‘It was too easy’ I thought. ‘If Myotismon actually wanted to capture me he would have come here himself. So… his target isn’t me; it’s Tailmon! That’s why the other tunnel smelled like fish! He must have gathered his minions there’
I ran forward as fast as possible. ‘If I take the backpack quickly enough, I might catch up with Tailmon… hey, no! Tailmon is way faster than me!’ I thought. I continued to run though. After a while, I saw the exit of the tunnel. I got out and looked around. I still was in the pinewood, but near a city. I walked and stumbled on something. I couldn’t see it because it was night, but I touched it. It felt very familiar. ‘My backpack!’ I thought. I turned my wand into a flashlight again and looked at the backpack’s content. ‘Everything is OK. They didn’t even open it’ I thought. I took my digivice. “Digi Armour, energize! Pridemon, armour digivolve to … WarPridemon! The gemstone of pride!”
After armour digivolving, I tried to figure out a way to find Tailmon. ‘I have no way to detect him. The only thing I can do… is to go to the tunnel’s other side and enter the tunnel Tailmon entered’ I decided. I flew swiftly towards the other side of the tunnel. After that, I flied into the tunnel where Tailmon had gone. Funnily enough, no one appeared to stop or fight me. ‘Myotismon hasn’t put any guards to the tunnel… that’s kinda weird’ I thought. ‘Except if he wants me to find him… what the heck is his plan anyway?”
When I saw the exit I stopped and ordered the bubble to make me invisible. I got out of the tunnel flying carefully so that I wouldn’t make any noise. I was in a place that looked like a garden surrounded by pines. In the back of the garden I saw Myotismon and Tailmon. Each of them was sitting on a chair. Tailmon was tied and Myotismon was holding a gun.
“Flaire’s gonna torn you apart!” said Tailmon.
“I doubt she’d try to do such a thing, except if she wants me to torn you apart” said Myotismon. “When she sees that your life is in my hands, she’ll surrender and we’ll take her to Digimon Emperor. As for you… DemiDevimon will kill you with pleasure when you cease to be needed”.
I flew silently above Myotismon. Then I became visible and I attacked. “Ice lightning!”
I untied Tailmon and took her in my arms. “I’ll take care of you later” I told Myotismon and kicked his back. I looked at my digivice to find where I would find the others and I flew towards that direction.
“Thank you, little monster” said Tailmon.
“Don’t let Floramon hear you calling me like that” I said. “By the way… I’m not taking anyone with me again. Especially you and Floramon”.
When we arrived at the Island of the Two Towers, all the others wanted to know what we found out.
“Nothing” I said stiffly. “Except for something I should have already realized: that I shouldn’t take any of you with me when I’m going to a hostile area”.
“Not even me?” Floramon protested.
“Especially not you”.

Timewitch

15. A message for the DigiDestined
“But why?” Floramon asked. “Why shouldn’t I come with you?”
“Because it’s dangerous” I said.
“I think that it’s dangerous for you to go to hostile areas alone. Besides, we’re a team, aren’t we?” Floramon asked.
“It doesn’t matter. Today, Tailmon nearly died! Digimon Emperor wants to take revenge from me and I’m not gonna let you pay for it. To tell you the truth, it’s more dangerous for me when you come with me. When I’m alone, I can fight. Had though one of you been captured, I wouldn’t be able to act this way, because it could cause your death” I said looking at the others.
“You might be right” Tailmon sighed.
“Topic closed. Well, I have found all of you except for Rika and Renamon. When I find them, we’ll be able to enter and exit the Emperor’s area freely” I said.
“We’ll have to inform Tai and the others” said Kari. “When you find Rika and Renamon, the others will be able to come here as well, so all of us will fight together, including our children… Myotismon & co. will have to face an army of DigiDestined, along with their Digimon Partners!”
“In order to make that possible, I have to find the girls. And please, don’t ask to come with me!”
“OK, Flaire, we won’t ask to come with you” said Sora.
I looked at my watch. “It’s midnight. I’ll wake up at seven o’clock in order to start looking for Rika and Renamon. Goodnight”.

“Izzy, it’s late. Won’t you go to sleep?” Tentomon asked Izzy.
Izzy was working on the computer in Flaire’s underground library. “Soon, Tentomon” he said.
Suddenly, the computer’s screen became white and then Digimon Emperor’s face appeared on it. “Hello, Izzy” he said.
“What do you want?” Izzy asked.
“Call your friends here. I have something to propose” said Digimno Emperor.
“I’m going to call them” Tentomon told Izzy and went to call the others.
After they had all gathered in the library, Tai stood in front of the screen. “What do you want to tell us?” he asked Digimon Emperor.
“I noticed that you’re fighting so that I don’t take up the parts of DigiWorld that I haven’t taken up yet. I’ll stop short at the part of the Digital World that already is in my pocket and I won’t expand my area anymore, provided that you give me something I want” said Digimon Emperor.
“And what’s that?” Tai asked.
“Well, I didn’t return to avenge against you, but Pridemon. Surrender her to me and I won’t fight you anymore” said Digimon Emperor.
Tai smiled scornfully. “What makes us different from you is that we couldn’t become traitors” he said.
“Oh, really? You did let Azulongmon send her away from DigiWorld, but you don’t want to let me give her the punishment she deserves” said Digimon Emperor.
“And what exactly did Flaire do that makes her deserve to be punished?” TK asked.
“It’s funny that you’re asking. Don’t you remember the way she used to treat me?” Digimon Emperor said.
“I assure you that if we had been able to, we would have treated you exactly the same way, if not worse!” Davis said.
Digimon Emperor looked at Davis scornfully. “I’m sure you would. Unfortunately, you’re so stupid that you can’t possibly think of something that would offend me. Pridemon may have a lot of flaws, but at least she’s not that stupid”.
“If I get my hands on you…” Davis said up the wall.
“Calm down, Davis” Tai said and turned to Digimon Emperor. “Even if we surrendered Flaire to you, I doubt that you’d quit fighting us. Devimon and Myotismon intend to take revenge from all of us and I know that if they ordered you to help them you would obey. Besides, Flaire is a strong fighter and we’ll defeat you easily with her help”.
“We’ll see about that” said Digimon Emperor. “From now on I’ll fight you way more harshly. Don’t say later on that I didn’t warn you”.
“Now we’re scared” Tai said tauntingly. “If you have anything else to say it, then say it, otherwise leave us alone. We have other things to do, you know”.
Digimon Emperor looked at him angrily and then his face disappeared from the screen.
“Azulongmon will go amuck if he finds out that we refused” Tai said with a playful smile.
“This will stay between us” said Izzy.
“Fine” everyone nodded.

“What happened?” Devimon asked Digimon Emperor, although, judging from the expression on his face he had already understood what had happened.
“They refused” Digimon Emperor managed to say.
“I don’t understand…” Devimon muttered. “They have let Azulongmon banish her… I expected that they would surrender her to us immediately”.
“As it seems, the DigiDestined haven’t changed as much as we thought” said Myotismon.
“It’s OK” said Digimon Emperor raising his head. He clenched his fists. “I’ll get her the hard way”.