Death Note DUB!

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Death Note DUB!

So the dub airs tonight... and it's been airing on adultswim all day here

I'm only about half way through the episode... and I can say I'm surprised. Light's voice is different, but it still fits him very well... and I've only heard one line of Ryuk, so far, but he seems a bit too normal =\

THEY HAVE SOME AWESOME TYPESETTING THOUGH =O

Magna

I really like Light's voice, and from what I remember, the episode is pretty accurate itself. I actually want to watch the dub, which is amazing.
I wonder what they're going to do with the second opening, or just keep the first one thru the whole thing.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I saw that the dub was starting up. I might give it a watch, just to see what the voices are like. I know I didn't care for Raito's voice after seeing the trailer months ago, but maybe I have to hear him speak for an entire episode, so that I can get a better listen.

I was wondering about the second opening as well. Maybe they'll show it, but beep it out. lol

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Magna;13389 said:
I wonder what they're going to do with the second opening, or just keep the first one thru the whole thing.

Thats what I've been wondering XD Maybe they can cover it with like, a kareoke version...or maybe translate it and replace some words XD

I'm lookign forward to the dub tonight. Pity we won't hear L for a few eps.

dantemon

my god, the voices all fit the characters, they didn't edit it as far as i could tell, most if not all of the lines were kept the same, the opening was done great. this dub just might be, dare i say it, perfect.

lordjorge

so what think happened to bleach dub got changed by death note that bothers me a lot but it was my first time seeing it and i like at least is a short series

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
lordjorge;13425 said:
so what think happened to bleach dub got changed by death note that bothers me a lot but it was my first time seeing it and i like at least is a short series

Bleach was going to fillers... so I think it's perfectly fine. and just so you know Death Note really isn't that short... it's 36 episodes so that would run for over half a year.

Quatre Winner

After avoiding Death Note because I thought the concept was silly...

I watched it last night. And, surprisingly, I didn't want to claw my eyes out. Or my ears, Brad Swaile does an awesome job as Light! Better than he did as Quatre Winner, sad to say it. The concept, while disbelieving and silly, was neverless taken seriously and taken into a direction I didn't expect it to. The dub was remarkable, I'd say. It looks like they're taking notes from Naruto and having the lyric translations at the bottom of the episode in small script, so that people who want a translation can look to see, but the subtitles don't take away from the opening itself.

Overall, I have no complaints, and I'd be interested in seeing the episode next week!

lordjorge

can someone explain this to me? i don't get this 2 rules of the death note
*If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject's name, it will happen.
And,
*After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
i simply don't get it please help me
does this means that after the death you write the details of how he died, how can that be?

GSR

That one guy
lordjorge;15485 said:
can someone explain this to me? i don't get this 2 rules of the death note
*If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject's name, it will happen. And,
*After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
i simply don't get it please help me

Simple. Once you write the name, you have 40 seconds (.666 minutes) to write how the person should die. You then have 6 minutes and 40 seconds (6.66 minutes) to write the details of the death - eg. you could write "Hit by car" and for the details "crossing street when drunk driver ignores a red light."

At least, I think so. I've never actually watched an ep.

syrg

Well, the above is true, but I think the point lordjorge was trying to make was the whole time difference thing. The death notes states that the person will die of a heart attack in 40 seconds if no cause or time is written for the person. Within those forty seconds, you have enough time to write a cause of death (something simple like above - hit by car). After that, the heart attack thing is overwritten and the 40 seconds thing is to be determined by whatever you write in the 6min40sec period of time afterwards. I'm pretty sure that if no time of death is written during the 6min40seconds, then two things can happen:
1) the details of the death were simple and can happen at any time, requiring no setup -> instant death of said description at the end of 6min40seconds
2) details of death are too complicated to be set up (like when the death is really elaborate and impossible) within time limit -> heart attack at end of 6min40secs