Data Squad Episode 6 Reactions

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Data Squad Episode 6 Reactions

Epi 6: The Ultimate Team No More?

Ok epi 6 aired last night and from the next epi preview BomberNanimon will be edited because of the bomb stuff. From what i've read at WtW it sounds like he'll be Orange and not use bombs n such, can't say for sure as i aint seen the epi yet but can't say i'm all that impressed of the edit.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
It would have to be an "American Digimon" i doubt he will be called BomberNanimon.
Yea the Yoshi thing is spreading a bit but we knew that it would start to happen.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
OrangeBomberNanimon is going to have to use some type of explosive if the fireworks later in the episode are made plausible. I couldn't see it very well, but the stuff he threw looked like 3D green balls of some alien nature.

Either way, I don't think we should take the edit too seriously. I can only talk for people in New York City, but this country is still kind of ultra-sensitive about the whole bomb subject. And some children have lost their parents that way. I can see why they chose to change it, with what they've got.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
We had the London bombing - meh i still find it pants that they are going to do it. Again the network wins over the fans wants.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
onkeikun;14278 said:
OrangeBomberNanimon is going to have to use some type of explosive if the fireworks later in the episode are made plausible. I couldn't see it very well, but the stuff he threw looked like 3D green balls of some alien nature.

Either way, I don't think we should take the edit too seriously. I can only talk for people in New York City, but this country is still kind of ultra-sensitive about the whole bomb subject. And some children have lost their parents that way. I can see why they chose to change it, with what they've got.

Yeah, I agree....the edit isnt that serious, and I can symphatizie with those ppl in New York. I mean, in Japan, CLAMP still refuses to release their last mangas of X because Japan is still sensitive about the whole "world coming to an end" thing which happened like...5 years ago or something.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Anyone find it funny no one's discussed episode 6 in the episode 6 thread?

Ah, dub edits, it'll take anyone off topic...

Sonuis

I was spotted?!
It was alright by my standards at least for TV-Y7 (or whatever it was, I forgot). It's still weird that they're actually making the Boss/Employee thing make sense.

Though, it took me this long to realize that the VA for Gaomon is also the guy who does Might Guy. I don't think I can take the English Gaomon seriously anymore.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Sonuis;14293 said:
Though, it took me this long to realize that the VA for Gaomon is also the guy who does Might Guy. I don't think I can take the English Gaomon seriously anymore.
Heh, I had problems with Gaomon in the Japanese when I realized he had Zoro's seiyuu. XD Most of the weirdness should pass after a few episodes. :p

Neophoton

Resident Lurker
Yeah, I can understand with the the edits being, like Onkeikun stated, people in New York City might be offended by it. I can understand how they feel.

I don't mind any voices, just Gaomon's is... Well, I just simply can't take him seriously. D: I always expect him to strike a pose, grin, and finish with a shine added to the grin... XD

Either way, the episode was done pretty well to me. No big changes, everything seemed fine to me. I liked it~

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Just caught it tonight, I thought it was well handled. Cool BGM once again, and Marcus saying 'woof' just had me grinning. I was surprised they kept Agumon's rationale line: "Sarah is Sarah, Kristy is Kristy, and Boss is Boss."

Only thing I hated, calling Elecmon's Digivolution Garurumon. Not BlackGarurumon, not ShadowGarurumon, just Garurumon. It felt... not enough. That one's so much cooler than a regular Garurumon!

Oh, and Yushima's squeaky head is gonna give me nightmares.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
PrimoPiccolo;14624 said:
Only thing I hated, calling Elecmon's Digivolution Garurumon. Not BlackGarurumon, not ShadowGarurumon, just Garurumon. It felt... not enough. That one's so much cooler than a regular Garurumon!
I was a bit surprised he wasn't called BlackGarurumon or something, because the virus version of WereGarurumon was renamed in Frontier to BlackWereGarurumon...or ShadowWereGarurumon or something. I guess they really are trying to keep things as close as possible this time around.
Oh, and Yushima's squeaky head is gonna give me nightmares.
The fact that Yushima's headsqueak thing was kept in the dub was the biggest surprise of all, to me XD