Crusadermon is a.....guy??? o.O

amigobro2

Crusadermon is a.....guy??? :confused:

Here's what GoC posted up on WtW from Jeff Nimoy...

Crusadermon in Data Squad will be a guy

named LoadKnightmon (although Load might be a typo, might be Lord)

So he's a guy still....interesting.

So, Crusadermon is now LordKnightmon??? And he is going to actually STAY a guy??? This IS very interesting indeed..... :cool:

GordoBaggins

Jeff said it was "Load," not "Lord," but like GoC says, it could be a typo.

I just really wonder if Toei and BoA have each other's phone numbers sometimes.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Wouldn't they get in trouble with panicy parents for showing him as such a...camp character. In Frontier it was a woman, and called crusadermon, why the change?

But then again, Jeff has tried to keep things before and not succeeded, though I kinda like the idea of keeping him like he was originally.

Silver

This is going to be interesting.

I wonder what they are thinking when they change the character's names.

jadenik

Silver;17692 said:
This is going to be interesting.

I wonder what they are thinking when they change the character's names.

Actualy lordknightmon name has been around, it was invented by bandai a few years back.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
Bandai didn't "invent" the name a few years back. ( I do not like the term invent)

RhodoKnightmon is the japanese name and that can be translated into LordKnightmon or stay RhodoKnightmon (since Rhodonite is pink).

I say "inventing" a name would be Citramon or Creepymon.

---------------

Anyway, oh boy it seems we gots us a dilemma. Let me guess. The female version shall be called Crusadermon and the male shall be LordKnightmon? Oh boy...I wonder what Wikipedia will say.

P.S. I wonder if Bandai is telling Disney to use their names....

amigobro2

Guess what, it wasn't a typo!

It IS "LoadKnightmon"! So now, RhodoKnightmon has three English names, Crusadermon, LordKnightmon (DW4), and now LoadKnightmon.....

And here is GoC again from WtW, this time with news for Eldradimon:

It will in face be LOADknightmon and not 'lord'.

Jeff Nimoy will play Eldradimon, no talking, just reactions.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
LoadKnightmon.....extremely odd name, I have to say. I suppose it is a ok balance between Rhodo and Lord.....hmm. I don't know what to think of it, really.

Thomas needs some kind of 'What a Load of crap' line to make it all good.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
LoadKnightmon is just a load of crap - i'd have rather seen Crusadermon used that a poor mispelling of the name.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
LoadKnightmon? But that doesn't even make any sense. It has zero regard to his character. Plus, we already had not one but TWO fine options on the table that didn't include porting over the Japanese name.

And while we're on the subject of Japanese, I hope they realized that ElDoradimon was intentionally pronounced that way, not just because there is no "jer" sound in Japanese.

celestial_sacred

*faints*

Actually, I thought both RhodoKnightmon have been a male all the while in the original. But Crusadermon being female and LoadKnightmon being male... That's a bit weird. And...load? What are they up to.. >_>

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
I made a naughty joke about his name >>; but I wont repeat it. xD

OMG. RELIGION STRIKES AGAIN *just read TDP*

Lord wasn't appropriate obviously just like the use of Soul. *rolls eyes* Another reason why I think religion should become obsolete. It divides us as people IMO.

If they were so unsatisfied about Lord then they should have kept RhodoKnightmon or kept with the continuity of Crusadermon. They are dumbasses. Also I'm not bashing the show or Jeff. I'm bashing the idiot who made such a retarded decision.

"Eldradimon" wtf was wrong with the O? ElDradimon. Hello. Are you dissing the people of El Dorado? I guess they are seeing as how they kinda butchered the whole point of the name. Might as well made Gatomon Catmon. SINCE LITTLE KIDDIES MIGHT NOT KNOW WHAT GATO MEANS D= I don't get it AT ALL. I can let Yatagaramon pass because thats understandable but I just can't understand this one.

I wonder if the pronounciation will get butchered too. "Eldeh-Rahdee-mahn" xD

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ah, Disney/Bandai America/Toei America.

Never stop to impress me how stupid they are.

BTW: Didn´t Soulmon stay Soulmon ?

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Kay-El;17729 said:
Lord wasn't appropriate obviously just like the use of Soul. *rolls eyes* Another reason why I think religion should become obsolete. It divides us as people IMO.

It's mainly all these companies being extra carefull so they don't piss off the Christian extremists. *Ugh*, do they give Christians a horrid reputation...
"Eldradimon" wtf was wrong with the O? ElDradimon. Hello. Are you dissing the people of El Dorado? I guess they are seeing as how they kinda butchered the whole point of the name.

Maybe it sounded too japanese? lol

On the flip side, the pronounciation *could* still be kinda close, but it's still kinda a bizzare change. I can't even defend this one because it's so bizzare...

It beats Turtletownmon, I guess.

And yeah, Soulmon stayed Soulmon in the dub. I don't get it either.

Ingrimm

After Drimogemon was called "Dorimogemon" in the German dub I'm a little bit afraid of getting Roodonaitomon and Erudoradimon.... Yeah, we have some very different fears over here in our country... *g*

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
With the current Team of German Dubbers not being much better than the the US ones in that regard ( but hey, they telast don´t change names or edit things ), I share your fears.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I don't understand why they just don't keep Crusadermon. I'm not too fond of most dub names, but they should at least keep this one so that there's no continuity errors. They really have no common sense, its only been 3 years since frontier, people don't forget that quick.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Johnzaloog said:
its only been 3 years since frontier, people don't forget that quick.
I think it's a matter of wanting to forget. Any exec could easily drop a post on any Digimon forum out there and fans would clamor to gather all the background info they'd need to remind them of past dub endeavours.

I just think Jeff's trying to appease the people who were pissed before when season 4 changed RhodoKnightmon's name and gender, so now it's gone back the other way, and suffered a mangled Slide Evolution to come out a big steamin' Load.