Could we be getting the Latin Opera after all? Two new CDs announced!

AlforceVeedramon

ONLY ONE LINE?!
We'll be getting the Latin Opera after all! Digimon Savers Flashback! announced

thanks to godofchaos @ WTW for the info

http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=8651.0

Coming out on August 1st, 2008.

Digimon Savers Flashback!
Catalog #- NECA-30232
3600 yen
2 disk set

Savers BGM, some character songs, and a new song. (Disk one is BGM, disk 2 is character stuff apparently)

(seems sorta random though, perhaps we will get a Savers Chronicle box that day? or maybe an announcement about Blu-rays?, although thats just me hoping)

Also coming out the same day is

Digimon Opening Best Spirit
Catalog #- NECA-23013
2300 yen
1 disk

No track list info for this one yet, although it appears to be a reissue of the ORIGINAL Best Spirit disk with a new catalog code (I guess with a Savers only disk that day a disk with stuff with only the other 4 shows on it makes sense). (I should also note this one will only be available until November)

Even if it's not much it shows there's still some stuff coming out.

I almost yelled squeeee when I found this out.

Will show coverart whenever it is available

EDIT: CDJapan posted the tracklistings for the Savers CD; I decided to go ahead and edit the first post so it'd be easier to find.

EDIT again: I replaced my Google Translate list with list properly translated by Digistar, so much thanks to her.

EDIT one more time: the second link now has samples of each song, totally confirming, among others, the Latin Opera

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NECA-30232
http://www.neowing.co.jp/track_for_cdj.html?KEY=NECA-30232

1. Ambitious
2. GEAR UP 409
3. MERODII (Melody)
4. Toki no Nagare no Naka ni (Inside Flowing Time)
5. a day
6. Ichioku no Yoru wo Koete (Across a Million Nights)
7. Noisy
8. Key word
9. Hyouryuu (Drifting)
10. Hikou Shounen (Flying Boy)
11. Haruka na DEISUTANSU (Far Off Distance)
12. GOORUDORASSHUU (Gold Rush)
13. RONRINESU (Lonliness)
14. Hitotoki (Moment)
15. I'M JUST A FIGHTER
16. BIG TIME CHANGES
17. Rakujitsu (Setting Sun)
18. GO PLAIN
19. SHANGURIRA (Shangri-La)
20. RAINY DAY
21. Kanashimi no Ashioto (Sorrowful Footsteps)
22. EASY ACTION
23. BAASUTOMOODO (Burst Mode)
24. ITTSU*OORURAITO (It's Alright)
25. Step into the Light~Daidanen~ (Step into the Light~Grand Finale~)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Most likely yes.

I also wonder if the new BGM does cover Raramon's Song. Talking about the one she uses to attack.

As for Character Songs, I really hope for Yoshino and her.
Hopefully not some sucker, like Kurata or Franz Norstein ( No additional Norsteins at all, please! )

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I don't like the Latin Opera at all - it sucked. But it would be good for others to have it.

Phantom

I dont care about the Latin opera but I do want several of the later in the series background instrumentals that were used during evolutions and general "hard" battles. That would make my OST :p

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Vande said:
I don't like the Latin Opera at all - it sucked.
Well, I don't think it SUCKED, but I would much rather have that music they used for a lot of the Ultimate Evolution scenes, if given a choice.

Hurry up August!

PrimoPiccolo

jadenik said:
There was a digimon latin opera?
LOL, no. That's just what everyone calls the cool operatic music that played during the Burst Mode scenes in some episodes of Savers.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
PrimoPiccolo;52742 said:
Well, I don't think it SUCKED, but I would much rather have that music they used for a lot of the Ultimate Evolution scenes, if given a choice.

Hurry up August!
Ah, so I'm not the only one? I really like the Ultimate Evolution music. It would be funny if there was no Latin Opera just to spite people. :rolleyes:

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Cruel!

The alternate Evo theme? You mean like the one played during the Ultimate Evos in the Epsiodes where they fight the Ultimate Level BioHybrids? Yes, that one I would like, too!

AlforceVeedramon

ONLY ONE LINE?!
truthfully, at this point, I would be happy for either of them. The Ultimate Evolution theme I enjoy more, to be honest. It's just that the Latin Opera packs more impact and emotion, is more unique (being the unofficial theme of Savers' exclusive Mode Change), and is the most requested.

It'd be a rip off for the new song to be something like a Believer remix (although I wouldn't be totally opposed to that, either, if it were good) or a Yoshino character theme (no offense to Yoshino fans)

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
OMG!! Didn't expect this and can't wait for the release. *hopes for a valid internet connection because I'm gonna be in Hawaii*

PrimoPiccolo

AlforceVeedramon said:
It'd be a rip off for the new song to be something like a Believer remix (although I wouldn't be totally opposed to that, either, if it were good) or a Yoshino character theme (no offense to Yoshino fans)
Come on, you can't mean that. A Yui Aragaki song on the album would be awesome, especially since Beater! was basically a Believer remix in itself.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true. That Song was a lot like Believer.

AlforceVeedramon;56934 said:
It'd be a rip off for the new song to be a Yoshino character theme (no offense to Yoshino fans)

It would be a total Rip-Off if we don't get that song! It was already when the original album came out.
Have you heard Yui sing? I did! It is a sin! A sin I tell you! Same for Yukana!

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Digimon Savers Flashback partial tracklist taken from WtW News:

Disk 1
BGM (it appears they aren't giving out tracklistings for this disk as of yet.

Disk 2
1) Beater! (Daimon Masaru: Hoshi Souichirou)
2) Yume no Kakera [Dream Fragments] (Daimon Masaru: Hoshi Souichirou)
3) Aa Tamagoyaki [Aah, Fried Eggs] (Agumon: Matsuno Taiki)
4) Friendship!! (Ikuto: Kugimiya Rie & Falcomon: Koujiro Chie)
5) Cool Running (Touma H. Norstein: Nojima Hirofumi)
6) Itsu made mo Issho ni [Always Together] (Gaomon: Nakai Kazuya)
7) Otoko Damashii [A Man's Soul] (Bancho Leomon: Takemoto Eiji)
8) TEAM? (Daimon Masaru: Hoshi Souichirou, Agumon: Matsuno Taiki, Touma H. Norstein: Nojima Hirofumi, Gaomon: Nakai Kazuya)
9) [TBA]

AlforceVeedramon

ONLY ONE LINE?!
Looks like the new song is on the second disk.

I suppose it's still possible that disk one won't be a rehash of the first OST, but actually the OST2 we should've gotten a long time ago.

AlforceVeedramon

ONLY ONE LINE?!
Precisely. That would be the best thing they could do, to completely overhaul the OST to fit the BGMs used during the latter half of Savers

*NOTE: The following song titles were just thought of by myself on the spot; please don't hurt me if they sound crappy*

-- Hirari (TV Size)
-- Stirring Up Infinity (Techno Version): Played during Gaomon's first Perfect Evolution
-- Tragedy: song that played when Mercurimon died
-- Perfect Evolution Medley: played throughout the Perfect Evolution arc; three different songs that are connected but never played one after another; first part during the fight against Falcomon in 12, second part played right after that (Agumon's evolution) or during the first fight with Mercurimon, third part during the fight with the Okuwamon (up until RiseGreymon showed up) or at the end of the fight against Meteormon
-- 'Superman' Theme: heroic sounding song; first played when Satsuma rescued everybody in the Digital Gate
-- Tense Situation: plays during a point where something has taken a turn for the worse; first plays when Aquilamon evolves into Garudamon
-- Dramatic Situation: when ShineGreymon Ruin Mode first appears; when Suguru is revealed to be Yggdrasil
-- Trouble Approaching: when Belphemon wakes up and Kurata takes over
-- Ultimate Evolution: dramatic song that played during the first few episodes with Ultimate Evolutions
-- Burst Mode Latin Opera: needs no explanation :p
-- Savers March: big orchestra that played only once, during the final 4-screen Burst Evolution against Yggdrasil
-- [insert witty name here]: Dunno how to name this one; played right before Masaru decided to go join the fight against Belphemon, with Agumon's egg on his back; also played when the Royal Knights rebelled against Yggdrasil
-- Resolution: when Suguru is revived and joins with Masaru and his family after Yggdrasil's destruction; sounds kind of like the Main Theme from the first OST, but distinctly different
-- Believer (TV Size): Has to be there, of course. A different arrangement would be nice, though
-- Ryuusei (TV Size)
-- Yokoku (My Soul & Hirari): We never got the My Soul version, so maybe we could get both?

kaizer

Kaizer kun
I really like the burst evo music it seems to give digimon a more serious adult tone for some reason when I heard it i kept thinking this is the music the apocolypse would be set to (in a good way lol)

AlforceVeedramon

ONLY ONE LINE?!
update from WtW!

Title: Digimon Savers Flash Back!
Release Date: 2008/08/01 (Fri)
Product Code: NECA-30232~3
Price: 3,600 yen

Contents:

DISC 1
BGM (First Time on CD)
Music: Oku Keiichi

DISC 2
01.Beater! / Daimon Masaru
02.Yume no Kakera (Dream Fragments) / Daimon Masaru
03.Aa Tamagoyaki (Ah Fried Eggs) / Agumon
04.Friendship!! / Ikuto & Falcomon
05.Cool Running / Touma H Norstein
06.Itsu made mo Issho ni (Together Always) / Gaomon
07.Otoko Damashii (A Man's Soul) / Bancho Leomon
08.TEAM? / Daimon Masaru, Agumon, Touma H Norstein, Gaomon
09.[New Song] / [Yet to be Decided]

Track order is not final
(They refer to this as a 'Special Savers Album'

Note "(First Time on CD)". If that doesn't say "unreleased BGMs", I don't know what does.