Cosplay

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Cosplay

Okay, I am wondering has anyone here or their friends has ever cosplayed as a character or Digimon from any season of Digimon? I would love too cosplay but I have no skills when it comes to making outfits and costumes, even though my friends would probably laugh at me, I would still do it :D. Oh and if you happen to have the pictures and you don't mind showing them, do you think you can post them too? Thanks

Solidus G;6517 said:
I haven't done either, but I think you can probably find costumes for sale on Ebay or something.

NO. DO NOT BUY. BUYING IS EVILLLLL. :-O
A few of my friends and I are planning our Digimon cosplays. Haven't done them yet, though. And don't worry about having no sewing skills. I don't either ^ ^;;. This will be all of our second cosplays and one of my friends will be teaching me how to sew soon. You'll need a place where you can buy fabric...it was pretty hard for us to find since the one near us closed >>. Make sure you have a sewing machine (and thread) because sewing by hand is a pain >>. Then use the manual that comes with the sewing machine and teach yourself :D;;. Practice using the machine on scraps of fabric first so you don't mess up the actual costume...and for the first one, I'd suggest something simple first ^ ^;;. (I have no clue how we're going to make Gabumon and Agumon costumes >>.) Something like Taichi would be simple. < You could cheat and buy the shorts xD and get blue fabric for the shirt. Trace yourself on it or find one of your T-shirts and trace that and so it's even, fold the fabric so it's doubled and cut it out so you have front and back. And extra space for hemming and whatnot so it looks neater...I guess...something along those lines. Just stop and think about it logically for a bit and it'll make sense :D;;. And then crazy clue or sew on any designs. Or, you know, you could always go on Ebay >>. And first cosplays are allowed to suck XD.
. . .I probably wasn't much help ^ ^;;. . .

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Tetron, wow your friends have some awesome costumes, the Girumon one kicks butt.

Ya, buying a outfit/costume for me would be hard since my size is not a typical Asian in size. heh heh

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Wow, some of those are pretty good too. I am guessing that not many people on this forum have cosplayed. Still if there is anyone here or their friends have ever cosplayed, and have pictures that they are willing to show, could you please post them. Thanks

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I've cosplayed as Takuya (Didn't exactly wear the hat due to my hair, but I strapped it to my backpack), but still haven't even looked at the pictures I took, haha.

Devkyu

Wha...?
I have half of a vinyl, hand-sewn Guilmon costume stuffed into a plastic container in my closet. I've sort of given up on it at this point. I really want to do a digimon cosplay eventually, but the problem is that any ideas I have would just be far TOO hot to wear.

On another note, I saw a Wizarmon running around Otakon ^__^.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Nice Hagaren Gao I am guessing that you had too much hair gel on that is why the hat was on you back? Guessing by the laughing that you wouldn't post the pictures? Also Devkyu wow that must have taken you a long time to hand-sew that, ya I would imagine it would be really hot in that, especially since it is summer here where I am and the vinyl doesn't breath as good as cotton, and I wish I could have seen the Wizarmon too bad I am all the way on the other side of the continuant and in another country when Otakon happened.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Devkyu;6571 said:
I have half of a vinyl, hand-sewn Guilmon costume stuffed into a plastic container in my closet. I've sort of given up on it at this point. I really want to do a digimon cosplay eventually, but the problem is that any ideas I have would just be far TOO hot to wear.

On another note, I saw a Wizarmon running around Otakon ^__^.

No picture of that Wizarmon? :eek: My Renamon's just to attract Digimon yellow furry love and it's only a partial outfit, so I'll just throw that in there, but I really want to see these other ones >w< ~

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Ya I would love to see some pictures, hey Splash or Devkyu I think you should finish it and post some pictures, or maybe you can do a how to make a costume, and resume making the rest and post the progress here, sort of like a little "How to for dummies.". :D

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
It's too HOTTTT at Otakon for me to finish the costume to be honest XDDDD I've been wearing it every time I've been to Otakon only because I can wear shorts with it.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well, I meant that when you do like maybe like in the fall, you could do a little how to, like show the steps and materials you use, and then post it here. This way for other people who may want to cosplay can see some of the steps that they have to do to make a costume. I know I would love to see this so I can get some ideas and maybe help me when I decide to make one. Also you could post tips and hints that you have learned from other times you cosplayed, like what materials will be flexible and what is durable and such and best way to connect two types of material.

Devkyu

Wha...?
Splash;6574 said:
No picture of that Wizarmon? :eek: My Renamon's just to attract Digimon yellow furry love and it's only a partial outfit, so I'll just throw that in there, but I really want to see these other ones >w< ~

Sadly, I didn't bring a camera with me to the con because my costume didn't have any pockets, and I didn't want to risk losing my mom's camera.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
G4bumon;6573 said:
Nice Hagaren Gao I am guessing that you had too much hair gel on that is why the hat was on you back?
Aaaaactually, I have an afro and it makes wearing hats next to impossible XD
Guessing by the laughing that you wouldn't post the pictures?

Weeeeelllll, maybe if they don't look TOO cruddy XD

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well, it has been a while and I think I can conclude that only four people have cosplayed in this forum or will admit it. Aw I though there would be more people who cosplayed, also I didn't really get a response with my question, so I will ask again and this is for the four people that have costumes. Do any of you think that you could post the steps you go though to make you costume (Maybe with pictures). This way other people can get ideas and help them if they ever wanted to make a costume. I don't mean right now, I mean when ever you have the chance or feel like continuing (when ever you want to). I think this would be really cool and interesting.

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
Whos the four peopel -.-;
*doesn't remmeber who else posted pics*
even though mine isn't mine :0