Contradiction, or I'm just missing something.

Chomper

The Friendly Sharptooth
Contradiction, or I'm just missing something.

As I watched Savers, I noticed something that confused me. At first, I thought that maybe it all made sense and that I just misunderstood, but the more I watched episodes 2, 5 and 22, the more I felt that something doesn't add up. Here's the situation: In episode 2, Yoshino said that Agumon was in trouble for crossing over to our world from the Digital World- sounds fair enough. But here's the problem- episodes 5 and 22 say differently. First of all, in episode 5, when Masaru and Agumon went to the Digital World, Agumon said that he had never seen the Digital World before because he had always been at DATS. Now if Agumon had always been at DATS, then where does anyone come off saying that he crossed over? Then there's another contradiction to Agumon's crossing over in episode 22. Professor Kurata said very plainly that Agumon was the first digimon to have been born at DATS. So that's my problem. If Agumon had been born at DATS and had never even seen the Digital World, then how in the world does anyone come off saying that he crossed over? So please tell me, do I have valid confusion, or am I just not getting something? :confused:

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
No, no, no... wasn't there something like an acadamy thing that Agumon broke out of?

I remember something like that being said...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yeah, Agumon was born in DATS Central.

They probably didn't inform Yoshino about how he came to be. Satsuma does not seem to tell his Agents everything.
So she probably assumed that Agumon originally comes from the Digital World and was not hatched at DATS, atleast until later.

In 11 they talka about the cases of Digimon arriving in their Eggs: Raramon, Agumon, Gaomon and the PawnChessmon are mentioned.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Right. It's the same reason they wanted Puwamon's egg before it got hatched at Masaru's place. They cross into the human world same as Digimon, and DATS just like with any other Digimon want to make sure they're in control of their actions.