Changes over the Pokemon anime

Mitch

Blank For Now
Changes over the Pokemon anime

I'm really big Pokemon fan and I'm really active on the fandom. What changes on the anime did you notice?

If you notice Pikachu was shorter and chubbier on early episodes. The anime is no longer hand drawn.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I never had the chance to watch Pokemon growing up. when it finally came to Cartoon Network, I watched a good 30 episodes, and it was good.

To be honest, I've only seen random episode here and there of the new seasons.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
James doesn't use the rose much anymore, does he? I know he used one a lot in the first season...and that's about as far as I can go. I've only seen season 1 in full and the Orange Island eps in full. Everything past that have been scattered.

The Kanto eps aired here, but Pokemon was yanked off here when they got to Cinnabar, so I saw those eps later on, and a friend of mine actually taped the eps for me and mailed them, same with Orange Islands. She didn't get the chane to with Johto stuff.

Hmm, hasn't Pikachu become way stronger than it should be?

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
There's an episode in Diamond/Pearl where Team Rocket uses their first motto and Kojiro even has the rose with him, so it's like passing gags as time goes.. XD

It's all just more marketing and fanservice when it comes to pokemon in the end anyway, so I don't care too much for the changes since my attachment to any of it now is only so thin anyway :p

jpwong

Well, I noticed that all the english voices changed sometime in the middle of Advanced Generation.

But, I don't know if it's because I've seen so many episodes or what, but the show's plot seems to be somewhat less entertaining than it used to be. I do enjoy the mini sub-series that they do every once in a while since it breaks the norm on the drudgery of the normal plot.

Really, I mostly look forward to the new movie every year nowadays unless the anime happens to be featuring something interesting in a given week, like characters from past seasons or something.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Ash's temprement (sp?) is a lot calmer than before, sure he's still hot headed, but in the latest opening, dawn pushes him and ash just gives her a thumbs up, if it had been misty back in the day, he would have pushed her back.