Change in project status

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Change in project status

AKA, list of dropped stuff. Most of this was assumed, but we'll make it official and explain why.

Juushin Enbu
The translator, Pazuzu, doesn't do anything anymore. Neither does Skr. There goes 2/3 of the Juushin Enbu team (digiboy is the only remaining) so it's gone. It's been completed by a speedsub group, so it's not like anyone would get ours anyways.

Tsubasa/Holic
We split ways with EC awhile back, and after that, nothing ever got done. Tsubasa 1 was pretty much ready to go, but w/e. The second Holic/Tsubasa never got translated anyways.

And no, we won't do the new Holic ova.

Metal Fight Beyblade / Beyblade G-Rev
We're just done with this. Worst joint ever.

Funny thing is? They're able to pump out episodes of the new series. But could G-Rev ever be TLCed? No, of course not. Pisses me off.

Penguin no Mondai
I think I was the only one that gave a shit about this, and well... yeah, whatever.

Stitch!
This was supposed to be Mend's project. Mend played the "tomorrow" game until I kicked his annoying ass out of the team. Hired SuperKad. He quit after I said he didn't do anything. (=o:] Ranko hasn't contacted me in forever, so... whatever, dropped. No one liked it anyways.

Hatenkou Yuugi
Yeah, re-dropped. We got a translation for episode 7, but then it was like... whatever. Sunflower never came back.

(Possibly) Zoids
Need to talk to Liger, but I'm 99% sure, since Skr has pretty much quit fansubbing for DATS, that this is going too. They'll be sure to finish it up on the Z-A side though. Moar news soon.

It makes me angry cuz poor Futa has translated up to like... 20 or something. But nothing ever happens.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
More like none of my projects go anyway so what's the point \o/ The only exception on that is probably Zoids, and yeah, I'm lazy on that... oh wellz

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Koroku;95424 said:
they never go cuz you never do shit <3

Of course :eek: Name one other project besides Zoids that was/is waiting on me and not the TL'er or someone else.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Tsubasa -> you never did anything after you said you were doing a qc encode

Juushin Enbu -> you never uploaded the finals of 9 you said were done, nor posted the final scripts

Deltora Quest -> encodes

Kuro -> encodes, qc You know this was dropped cuz of you~

\o/

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Koroku;95427 said:
Tsubasa -> you never did anything after you said you were doing a qc encode

Juushin Enbu -> you never uploaded the finals of 9 you said were done, nor posted the final scripts

Deltora Quest -> timing of 15, encodes, ya know

\o/

I see no point in releasing Tsubasa if you aren't going to do the rest of it... plus everyone who wants to see it has seen it and Diffusion's would be better than ours anyway.

No point in releasing JE for the same reason, even you have said. It's better just to hold it...

Deltora 15 has been timed for over two months. It's waiting on credits. Encodes, whatever.

Kuro has been dropped. Why bring past things up?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I think DarkHonour would have translated the second Tsubasa if the 1st one ever had promise of moving. But it's sat there, even with my karaoke drafts, for how long?

You could have just put out JE anyways. It did get done, so why hold it? The 2 people waiting might have liked it.

And I fixed what I said about DQ; see the edit. Encodes, 16 had to be timed to a HD raw because you never bothered to make a DVD workraw.

It's been awhile since we've had one of our argument topics. Lawl.

Oh! Another! M&G stalled for about a week while I was waiting for QCs that never came :3

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
*nods his head*........ well at the moment, school is eating me up T_T haha | I'm currently studying moar Japanese anyway; Genki 2 read read...so my translation work gets faster when it comes.

I'm still sad about Hatenkou Yuugi being dropped ; ; I was waiting patiently as well.

I hope DQ never meets that fate *shudders at the thought*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Vincentdante;95671 said:
I'm still sad about Hatenkou Yuugi being dropped ; ; I was waiting patiently as well.

I hope DQ never meets that fate *shudders at the thought*

I don't DQ will even be licensed. (Hell, I don't think there'll even be an official TV release in North America at all.) They'll insist on making an American animation out of it, since the books aren't even originally Japanese. (Unless Emily Rodda isn't the writer I think she is.)

alimami

the other projects are going very slowly.
Tokyo 7 channel broadcasting 1 episode per week but here dats are going slowly and have released just 8 episode of 58.
why??

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
alimami;95709 said:
the other projects are going very slowly.
Tokyo 7 channel broadcasting 1 episode per week but here dats are going slowly and have released just 8 episode of 58.
why??

DATS is a quality sub group, not a speed sub group. That's why.

alimami

Voltanis;95710 said:
DATS is a quality sub group, not a speed sub group. That's why.
quality can be good but its useless with out speed.
i don't saying sub the episodes without any quality and testing but it can be done with more speed i think.

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
quality can be good but its useless with out speed.
i don't saying sub the episodes without any quality and testing but it can be done with more speed i think.

It isn't easy as you think...

As a translator myself, I can tell you its hard. FYI, it takes about 4-6hrs just working on one episode ->you have to follow everything said, and the problem of literal vs. colloqial translation also arises. That is, you even have to whip out a thesaurus at times and making translation great also needs a great deal of thinking. And last but not the least, we are doing this on our free time - this is not 'work' as you know it.

The fact we are an online community also complicates the issue - somebody provides the RAWS (upload, takes long), then a translator works on one (download RAW, translate=more time), then TLC by another person across the globe (download RAW again, check=about 4 hrs more or so), then timing by another person across the globe (long mechnical work with the video matching the lines), encode, quality check and so on... And the fact everyone can't be online at the same time is a big time consumer.

I understand what you're thinking, but I would like to ask you to consider the issues complicating the matter. We'd love to pump out episodes faster, but you have to understand we are also doing this for free. And, we actually have real work in our lives (for your information, school). I'm not mad at you, but I hope you understand the nature of our work here at DATS and this applies to other fansub groups as well. You have to be patient.

syrg

This could all be resolved with... *cue drum roll* ...time travel!
Except stupid scientists have to worry about "global warming" *does quote sign with hands*
Darn you environmental problems for our subbing plight! *shakes fist*
btw I like to use asterisks :-p