Best Movie

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Best Movie

Out of all 8 movies of Digimon (not counting X-Evolution) do you think has the best story?

I have to say, even though I don't like 02 as much as the other seasons, that they did have the best storyline in Hurricane Touchdown/Golden Digimetals. The movie, in my opinion, would be overall better if they had used more livelier music during the battle between Antylamon and generally overall. However, "Friends Forever", and "Stand By Me" were a good placement in there.

I have to say the 2nd choice of mine would be Children's/Our War Game. Since it was like a continuation after the best season, which made me love it all the more. Plus, the bond between child and Digimon seemed great. During the bonding and evolution between WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, I perfer the dub music over the original...it just gave me more of a heartfelt moment for some reason. I wish they would release a track of that background music, I just love it.

3rd choice, I would have to say, since I am a hardcore Frontier fanatic would be Revival of the Ancient Digimon. The whole story between the humans and beast types, plus the animation fit in well. (I also wish the Japanese put in the soundtrack of the BGM of when Takuya and Kouji were running on the field, seeing all the Digimon being slaughtered, I love that music too!)

The other movies were all great, but I enjoy watching those three the most. Diaboromon Strikes Back and The Runaway Locomon were too short to have any greater meanings besides seeing old friends again. The Adventure's Battle indeed had a great story....but not as heartfelt as Hurricane Touchdown/Golden Digimetals. Savers movie was also a little too short for my taste...and I didn't get that emotional attachement as I did with the other movies. To me, Savers was just a movie with pretty animation...that's it.

So which one do you think is the best and why?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I'd say that Children's war game comes first, partly due to its key part in the storyline (of 02 anyway) and second would be the first movie for the same reason.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Revival of the Ancient Digimon. Murmuxmon playing both sides against each other was genius.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Adventurer's Battle. It's the most interesting of the movies in my opinion, and is the better of the two Tamers movies.

Though I have to add that Runaway Locomon is awesome because of the character development for Ruki. (And the dub brought about a great song :))

Diaboromon (or whatever his name is, I can never spell it) Strikes Back was horrible. It was so dark! That's the only thing I really remember about that movie - not being able to see it worth crap. :x

The Savers movie looked so completely and utterly uninteresting to me that I didn't even bother to watch it.

Hmm... movies 1-4 in general were kinda bleh because of the animation. I have never liked the style they used - it was so weird, and so different from the series. That alone kinda killed any love for them. Though 3 does have a decent plotline, if you ignore the half that the dub cut out. (Kudos to Hiku for really getting me to believe that XD)

Hmm... X-Evo was fun. I remember searching for it, and watching it raw, and making the lovely review that was used on both Patamon's World and Digital Starlight. XD But the 3D animation was weird.... :s

(Also, I edited the poll because X-Evo is movie 8, and having Burst Mode listed as movie 8 is something that would really really really bug me XD)

...so yeah, Movie 5 is totally my favorite. ^_^

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Hmm...

Movie 1: I never saw this one, and in all honesty, never had a desire to. It was so short, but I know the story to it. All I know is that Bolero was the main bgm theme for it...so I've been told.

Movie 2: I liked this quite a bit, but my main gripe was that Piyomon, Gomamon, Palmon, and Tailmon couldn't do much since their partners weren't around, even though it's understood why. The story line was pretty cool, though.

Movie 3: Nice story line...bad bgm. It was too dull, even though, I do wonder if it was done in such a way because the movie took place in the US.

Movie 4: A nice follow up from movie 2, bad art (not that I cared), but what really bugged me was the fact that the others didn't get to do anything, and that the movie was much too short. I really wish the movie could've been longer to show interactions between the kids (you know, like their having a party to celebrate both the defeat of what's his name and for Mimi's returning) or maybe have the other Digimon do something or even speak (I don't think Hawkmon had one single solitary speaking line, and there was no Piyomon, Palmon, or Gomamon).

Movie 5: I've never seen this movie. Originally, years ago, I had no interest, but I wish I would've watched it now.

Movie 6: I liked this movie a lot, mainly because of the development of Ruki's character. Too bad, imo, Jen didn't get to do much for it.

Movie 7: This was okay, even though I honestly don't remember much.

Movie 8: I guess this is that X-Evolution thing. Never saw it.

Movie 9: I thought it was so cute! My main gripe with it is the length and the fact that it left too many questions, imo, unanswered. It deserves a sequel, imo, like the Savers season in general.

Overall, I can't choose which I feel is the best since I haven't seen them all, and only remember movie 7 vaguely.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Scipio;22755 said:
Hmm... movies 1-4 in general were kinda bleh because of the animation. I have never liked the style they used - it was so weird, and so different from the series. That alone kinda killed any love for them. Though 3 does have a decent plotline, if you ignore the half that the dub cut out. (Kudos to Hiku for really getting me to believe that XD)

O_O You kidding me? I LOVE that animation! Well movie 4's animation was a bit bleh compaired to its movie 2 counterpart... but I don't know, I just love how it was animated for some strange reason. The movement just seemd so natural and emotional for me... ^^ lol but I can see your point about it being a tad weird.

Hmm... X-Evo was fun. I remember searching for it, and watching it raw, and making the lovely review that was used on both Patamon's World and Digital Starlight. XD But the 3D animation was weird.... :s

I have to agree....3D animation is a little weird XD I wouldnt mind partly 3D (like the evolution sequences) But 3D animation movies never really catch my attention. I just like animation better...lol
(Also, I edited the poll because X-Evo is movie 8, and having Burst Mode listed as movie 8 is something that would really really really bug me XD)

XD Sok. I wasnt really thinking right when counting the movies, I was more worried about getting the names right :rolleyes: lol.

I wasnt thinking of counting X-Evolution cuz it had no real attachement to any of the series.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
OUR WAR GAME IS THE BEST. YOU CAN NOT DENY IT DX

*Cough*

Yeah, but I thought Movie 2 was the best. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the animation, so that's major points right there. It was a blast to watch, the battles were so awesome. The story seemed real in a sence. Tai had to deal with real-life issues like messy rooms, arguements, potty breaks ect. like real kids. Tai reaching out to WarGreymon in the internet is, in my opinion, one of the best moments Digimon has to offer.

It's a pity Movie 4 isn't nearly as in-depth as Movie 2. You're just kinda thrown into the mix, see a spiffy battle, and that was it. It wasn't as good as Our War Game, but it looked shiny.

My second favorite is Runaway Locomon (Er, Digimon Express...whatever). I have to say, it has the BEST soundtrack of all of Digi. I just love the jazz style! The story was fun as well. Rika got some decent character devlopment, and her own nifty song. The whole movie is highly AMV-able...

My prefrences for the rest would be:

Activate Burst Mode (Because the animation is amazing, and the Digimon get much-needed focus)
Revival of the Ancient Digimon (Kouichi Dx)
Diaboromon Strikes Back
Adventurer's Battle
Golden Digimentals
Movie 1

X Evolution was just kinda weird. I couldn't get into it. Though I do wanna get the shiny new sub of it...

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Second movie is my favorite, hands down! It was the only one that really set my heart pounding at the end. Reading the storyboard for it only further enhanced my love for it. <3

I love the animation in the third movie most, but the plot progression seemed unnecessarily slow at times. I also felt the Beast vs Humans in movie 7 was contrived, although the Murmuxmon transformations was a really nice touch. That ending makes me bring my hands to my mouth every time. Kotemon... (;__;

The other 02 movie... wasn't too memorable, and the Tamers movies are well-done but they never really excited anything inside of me. Sorry. :x

I also chose the 9th movie as a favorite, because in terms of action and animation, it was clearly excellent. I'm not at all bothered that we didn't get the full storyline because I rather like stories that only give you a slice of a whole cake-line of events. My imagination can fill in the gaps anyway, and I'm glad it gives me that freedom.

celestial_sacred

All hail Bokura no War Game! =3
This movie is the first to catch my attention. The jokes were really cute~ The story was great although it mostly involves only Taichi, Koushirou, Yamato, Takeru and their Digimon. I love the battles. And when Koushirou started the countdown from 10, I really held my breath. Too much suspense!! And I too love the specific details of the movie. Ryou appearing was <3. The opening itself was hilarious. XD Okay. Enough of this.

The next one goes to... X-Evolution. I admit that the animation's a bit weird but this also caught my attention as it features the New Digital World and the Digimon, no humans. Tokomon is <3 ! I was really taken aback when Dorumon said, "This child is..dead!" - referring to Tokomon. I was like "No! Why that innocent Tokomon!?". It's really sad seeing the X Program executed, killing so many lives.. Funny how I like the Yggdrasil here better. ^^

Next, will be
Revival of the Ancient Digimon
Burst Mode Hatsudou
Runaway Digimon Express

In fact, I actually love all of the movies. XD