Anyone want to buy me shoes?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Anyone want to buy me shoes?

So I just started a new job today and found out that I am not allowed to wear tennis shoes.

Uh, I don't own anything but tennis shoes. >o<

Anyone want to buy me either these or these? :D I wear size 10 1/2 - 11 American \o/

Uhm. Back to DATS. Uh.

Still looking for a translator to do Class 5-2 o/

And uh, we have a lot of Saru nearly done. \o/ Look for moar soon \o/

suiton

Banned
Koroku;90266 said:
So I just started a new job today and found out that I am not allowed to wear tennis shoes.

Uh, I don't own anything but tennis shoes. >o<

Anyone want to buy me either these or these? :D I wear size 10 1/2 - 11 American \o/

Uhm. Back to DATS. Uh.

Still looking for a translator to do Class 5-2 o/

And uh, we have a lot of Saru nearly done. \o/ Look for moar soon \o/

$55 or $90

>_>

That's like 10 manga volumes. O_O

I think maybe it's time you guys advertise that you're looking for a translator in your IRC channel or "borrow" a translator (or 2) from another group ... aka finishing up 5-2 as a joint project. I'm sure that someone from...

AnimeYoshi
AonE
ASF
Ayu
Eclipse
Emina
Frostii
KAA
Menclave
moo-shi
Shin-gx
Taka
AnimeYuki
ANBU
Anime-Keep

...Will be willing to help.

Litintha

Resident RockxNetto Fan
suiton;90293 said:
$55 or $90

>_>

That's like 10 manga volumes. O_O

I think maybe it's time you guys advertise that you're looking for a translator in your IRC channel or "borrow" a translator (or 2) from another group ... aka finishing up 5-2 as a joint project. I'm sure that someone from...

AnimeYoshi
AonE
ASF
Ayu
Eclipse
Emina
Frostii
KAA
Menclave
moo-shi
Shin-gx
Taka
AnimeYuki
ANBU
Anime-Keep

...Will be willing to help.

Maybe they can do that for Rockman.EXE Stream, as well!

*hopeful face*

suiton

Banned
I would definitely buy you the shoes (a few pairs)...if I had the money to spare.

As it is right now, I'm dead broke and I have no job. I have to graduate from my university first (this May!!) and then hopefully I'll have some kind of job that will give money teH MUnnieZ.

=D

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Each group have its hands full with its own projects. suiton, if you're that impatient about 5-2, go find another group's subs. I'm perfectly content on waiting for a TL to show up, if ever.

As for Stream... All I can say now is to learn Japanese and watch the RAWs. There's not much hope on something happening to that. Though I can tell you that if you do watch enough subbed anime and pick up enough japanese, you could understand the gist of everything in that show without taking any classes or anything of that sort. I watched most of Beast that way.

And Koroku, good luck on convincing someone to buy you those shoes. I'm already investing all my money to buy games for a friend of mine. ;-;

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Koroku;90266 said:

Nice shoes. Same size with me. Can you convince someone to buy two pairs of those? One for you and one for me. My sneakers' soles have split into two and water seeps through it when I walk on grassy area (It's rainy season here)... :D

Litintha;90294 said:
Maybe they can do that for Rockman.EXE Stream, as well!

*hopeful face*

No. Look below.

megumi;90328 said:
As for Stream... All I can say now is to learn Japanese and watch the RAWs. There's not much hope on something happening to that.

You mustn't lose hope or you will fail, don't lose hope even at the last second. Goddess of victory will smile at those who have faith (sounds familiar, I wonder where did I get this from). I have promise Greg on those but I need some more... some more time.

megumi;90328 said:
Though I can tell you that if you do watch enough subbed anime and pick up enough japanese, you could understand the gist of everything in that show without taking any classes or anything of that sort. I watched most of Beast that way.

I can tell you that I watched enough subbed anime and picked up enough Japanese and became the shameless, kick-ass omnipotent translator... But kids, this act has been performed by the professional. Don't try this at home or you will be kicked in the *** by the subbers and the anime community. (At least you will be kicked by me if I ever watch sh*t subs... Man I have become so fussy...)

megumi;90328 said:
I'm already investing all my money to buy games for a friend of mine. ;-;
Can you befriend me and buy me a pair of shoes and some games? xP

megumi;90328 said:
Though I can tell you that if you do watch enough subbed anime and pick up enough japanese, you could understand the gist of everything in that show without taking any classes or anything of that sort.

I'v just started taking classes for japanese and I have learned more than I ever would have by watching anime like how the sentence structure works and the proper greetings used at various times of day etc.

Ohayo gozaimasu. Hajimemashite. watashi wa vincentdante desu. Dozo yoroshiku. ;)

My teacher says I'm doing pretty well for the few lessons I'v taken so far :D

Boku no nihongo wa madamada desu. (edit: corrected thanks futamaru).

Futamaru

Staff member
Vincentdante;90344 said:
Boku no nihongo no (insert word for "limited still" here :p) desu.

Boku no nihongo wa madamada desu. (There's still a long way to go for my Japanese language.)

domo arigato futamaru-san

(takes notes on the new word and meaning).

Really appreciate the support, I'm giving my all to learn this language :D I'v only had two lessons so far but I am so proud of my progress :)

Futamaru

Staff member
Dou itashi mashite.

Actually if you really really watch enough subbed anime, 1st level of Japanese language is really nothing...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Futamaru;90343 said:
You mustn't lose hope or you will fail, don't lose hope even at the last second. Goddess of victory will smile at those who have faith (sounds familiar, I wonder where did I get this from). I have promise Greg on those but I need some more... some more time.

Yeah, you really need some more time, oh great "shameless, kick-ass omnipotent translator". Go find some, I think the guy next door can lend you some (that was intended as a joke).

Futamaru;90343 said:
I can tell you that I watched enough subbed anime and picked up enough Japanese and became the shameless, kick-ass omnipotent translator... But kids, this act has been performed by the professional. Don't try this at home or you will be kicked in the *** by the subbers and the anime community. (At least you will be kicked by me if I ever watch sh*t subs... Man I have become so fussy...)

xD I was only just trying to get ahead of the subs. I was saying "getting the gist of everything", not "understanding every last bit of what they're saying". Whenever I'm watching raws, I'm still going, "WTF, talking scene, I hate those." 'cause I can't understand them.

Vincentdante;90344 said:
I'v just started taking classes for japanese and I have learned more than I ever would have by watching anime like how the sentence structure works and the proper greetings used at various times of day etc.

That is technically true. xD But once I figured out sentence structure due to class (I started this school year), I was able to handle raws better and sometimes be able to actually catch mistakes made by shitty subbers.

Futamaru;90355 said:
Actually if you really really watch enough subbed anime, 1st level of Japanese language is really nothing...

Totally agreed. At the beginning of the school year, the teacher thought I had taken Japanese classes before, when I never have. xD

Futamaru;90343 said:
Can you befriend me and buy me a pair of shoes and some games? xP

Hahaha... I can befriend you on all right, but the friend I'm buying games for is a IRL friend. And her birthday is coming up. And I don't think I can afford anything after the two games she wants.

Futamaru

Staff member
megumi;90358 said:
xD I was only just trying to get ahead of the subs. I was saying "getting the gist of everything", not "understanding every last bit of what they're saying". Whenever I'm watching raws, I'm still going, "WTF, talking scene, I hate those." 'cause I can't understand them.

Yeah i hate talking scene too. Especially those who talk fast, makes me have to type a lot...

megumi;90358 said:
That is technically true. xD But once I figured out sentence structure due to class (I started this school year), I was able to handle raws better and sometimes be able to actually catch mistakes made by shitty subbers.

Totally agreed. At the beginning of the school year, the teacher thought I had taken Japanese classes before, when I never have. xD

Actually I learnt Japanese not solely from anime, but from songs as well. Being a Chinese, I have the advantage of not needing to learn the kanji. During the 1st stage of my Japanese learning journey, I can grasp most of the meaning of the song by looking at the kanji lyrics. Since different conjunctions (is it the word? Bad in grammar...) and particles used can bring different meaning, I compared the meaning of those translated lyrics and the kanji, then I know what time to use what particles.

Too bad my class was rather small, or I can sleep through the whole Japanese language course. But one thing for sure is I am quite weak in Japanese vocabulary. :p

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Koroku;90359 said:
Then only get her one game :3

No, even if I got enough money left, I probably won't be nice enough to buy you (and Futa) shoes. Plus, I won't have enough money to get either of the shoes even after buying one of the games, considering that I'm probably going to have to get the more expensive one as my other friend can't afford the more expensive one.

Futamaru;90360 said:
Actually I learnt Japanese not solely from anime, but from songs as well. Being a Chinese, I have the advantage of not needing to learn the kanji. During the 1st stage of my Japanese learning journey, I can grasp most of the meaning of the song by looking at the kanji lyrics. Since different conjunctions (is it the word? Bad in grammar...) and particles used can bring different meaning, I compared the meaning of those translated lyrics and the kanji, then I know what time to use what particles.

Too bad my class was rather small, or I can sleep through the whole Japanese language course. But one thing for sure is I am quite weak in Japanese vocabulary. :p

I'm Chinese too. I used to try to read Japanese manga by just reading the kanji. xD Kinda failed. Been a while since I did that, so oh well. I'm kind of only taking Japanese because it was a language I could probably pick up faster (due to chinese background and a bunch of anime) compared to the Romance and Germanic languages also offered at school.

My class only has 12 people in it... It's quite nerve-racking at times.

Futamaru

Staff member
megumi;90361 said:
I used to try to read Japanese manga by just reading the kanji. xD Kinda failed. Been a while since I did that, so oh well. I'm kind of only taking Japanese because it was a language I could probably pick up faster (due to chinese background and a bunch of anime) compared to the Romance and Germanic languages also offered at school.

Reading raw manga when you don't know Japanese is for the sake of the drawings. If you want to learn Japanese from manga, you must t least have a copy of identical but subbed manga.

I wanted to learn Germandue to the influence of Zoids and Fate/Stay Night (German names and incantations). But too bad I am not studying mechanic/automations, so learning German is of no use to me (Though learning Japanese sdoesn't affect my future carrer significantly too, I learnt it soley due to interests.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Futamaru;90362 said:
Reading raw manga when you don't know Japanese is for the sake of the drawings. If you want to learn Japanese from manga, you must t least have a copy of identical but subbed manga.

That last time I tried that was years ago, before I had any interest in learning Japanese or Japan overall at all. I wasn't trying to learn Japanese. I was only trying to read it. So yeah, probably for the sake of the drawings.